False and Misleading Information about Lyme Disease.

Topics with information and discussion about published studies related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
nnecker

Re: False and Misleading Information about Lyme Disease.

Post by nnecker » Mon 6 Mar 2017 23:41

Henry said:
How does one treat a disease that may not even exist in the first place?
You gulp down antibiotic cocktails like duncan does and hope for the best. :lol:

duncan

Post by duncan » Tue 7 Mar 2017 18:34

Modifying or changing accepted definitions - or creating altogether new ones - to suit research ends is a dicey thing. It can backfire. Of course, this would be nothing new in the Lyme realm. Categorizing late manifestations of the disease into major and minor symptoms comes to mind, and I think that dates back to 1983 or there abouts.

ETA: One needn't look any farther than to the emerging controversy over PACE trial (UK) definitions - and the current disapproving scrutiny under which its authors have fallen - to appreciate potential long term ramifications.

Lorima

Post by Lorima » Thu 9 Mar 2017 15:18

Henry wrote:Duncan, Duncan, Duncan. Not unique? How many patients do you know that were not tested and treated for at least 6 years or more after exposure to tick bite, especially in an endemic area? Hardly a common occurrence I would imagine. Still, the "evidence" you present is circumstantial. You have a way to go before establishing a valid cause and effect relationship.
Wow, this is downright delusional, Henry. It happens all the time, as would be expected by the mainstream estimate that EM is present in only 70-80% of cases.
"I have to understand the world, you see."
Richard Feynman