Guidelines for Diagnosis and Treatment German Borreliosis So

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
Spanky

Re: Guidelines for Diagnosis and Treatment German Borreliosi

Post by Spanky » Thu 13 Sep 2012 14:54

"duncan"
"Persuasive" can be such a loaded term when used in a geopolitical construct.
Uh, yeah, sure :roll: ...but the term "persuasive" wasn't being used in a "geopolitical construct".

It was being used as a synonym, substitute, for "accepted' or "believed".

duncan

Post by duncan » Thu 13 Sep 2012 16:04

A synonym. Cool. Interesting thesaurus you seem to have. :)

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 13 Sep 2012 16:55

"duncan":
A synonym. Cool. Interesting thesaurus you seem to have.
No, no theasurus, just a working understanding of the English language.
persuasive

Examples of PERSUASIVE

We weren't shown any persuasive evidence that he had committed the crime.
<a persuasive argument for increasing funding of the city's library system>

Synonyms: compelling, conclusive, convincing, decisive, effective, forceful, cogent, satisfying, strong, telling
Now, perhaps you would like to share with us your use of "geopolitical construct' in this context? What was meant by that?

duncan

Post by duncan » Thu 13 Sep 2012 17:34

Spanky, it seems to me your working understanding of the English language may need tweaking. I don't see "accepted" or "believed" in your list of synonyms for "persuasive". But maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying. :)

I would venture the observation that precision does play an important role in certain narratives.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 13 Sep 2012 17:41

"duncan":
Spanky, your working understanding of the English language may need tweaking. I don't see "accepted" or "believed" in your list of synonyms for "persuasive". But maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying.
Well, see, if someone finds an argument to be:
compelling, conclusive, convincing, decisive, effective, forceful, cogent, satisfying, strong, telling
That means, also necessarily implies that they accept or believe it. So glad to be of assistance.
I would venture the observation that precision does play an important role in certain narratives.
Well, that's nice.

I wonder, though, if you could try to get back to the subject of this thread and answer my question: what did you mean by "geopolitical construct" in this context?

Or do I want to know? :roll:

duncan

Post by duncan » Thu 13 Sep 2012 17:56

Ah. Sadly, although at first glance your argument seems compelling and convincing etc, after careful consideration I neither believe nor accept it. Go figure.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 13 Sep 2012 18:00

"duncan":
Ah. Sadly, although at first glance your argument seems compelling and convincing etc, after careful consideration I neither believe nor accept it. Go figure.
Yes, I thought so. :roll:

I should advise you that Carina is getting upset with your deviation from the thread topic.

Please don't waste others' time with this sort of thing.

X-member

Post by X-member » Thu 13 Sep 2012 18:34

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 204#p31429

From the post above (earlier in this thread, page 1):

Spanky:
Thanks, but I am trying to discuss and comment on a passage from the Treatment Guidelines of the German Borreliosis Society...that is the topic of this thread, I believe.
Spanky (from IDSA:s Guidelines):

The panel has differentiated between early and late neurologic Lyme disease in these guidelines, as is customary.
This topic is NOT about what IDSA say when it comes to "how to diagnose" neuroborreliosis.

This topic is about:

"Guidelines for Diagnosis and Treatment German Borreliosis"

If you Spanky have something to say about the difference between how IDSA diagnose early and late neuroborreliosis compared to how this is done in Europe, then start a new topic (or answer the questions asked by Dr MacDonald earlier).

Or, if it is about the medical term chronic (in late or chronic borreliosis), then use the topic Martian have started (I link to it in an earlier post).
Last edited by X-member on Thu 13 Sep 2012 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

X-member

Post by X-member » Thu 13 Sep 2012 18:37

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 204#p31431

From the post above (earlier in this thread):

Dr MacDonald:
Continuing Education Testing : Comprehension of the Guidelines of the
German Borreliosis Society:
http://www.borreliose-gesellschaft.de

1. Is the German Society for Borreliosis aligned with the IDSA?
2, Does the German Society for Borreliosis embrace the Criteria of the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention?
3. Is the document on the German Society for Borreliosis concerning Diagnosis and Treatment
an accurate and scientific summary?

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 13 Sep 2012 18:43

"Carina":
If you Spanky have something to say about the difference between how IDSA diagnose early and late neuroborreliosis compared to how this is done in Europe, then start a new topic.
Carina:

I direct your attention to this section of the Forum Rules:
Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of the admin. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
The section that I selected from the IDSA Guidelines was selected and highlighted for the purpose of comparing and showing the agreement between it and a similar passage from the Guidelines of the German Borreliosis Society...

...commenting directly on a passage from those guidelines which is the topic of this thread.

Now, both you and Duncan would be well-advised to try to direct your comments to matters of substance and not trivial, transparent and juvenile attempts at gamesman-shipping and diverting of the discussion.

Makes you look rather petty and childish.