I'm less on the forum because my daughters aren't well

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
Yvonne

I'm less on the forum because my daughters aren't well

Post by Yvonne » Sun 11 Jan 2009 16:17

We have hard weeks behind us, especially the last week and it will still remain the same.

It isn't good with my two daughters

The oldest get worse and worse the last months
They suspected adrenal insufficiency, probably a secondary one. She has secondary hypothyroidism probaly due to Lyme Disease. She use euthyrox for it but doesn't succeed to establish the medication right because her values switch from high to low and the other way round.
She lays mainly only in bed and isn't almost capable to do anything. She lost about 15 kilo in weight the past two months
Sinds saturday she is treaten with hydrocortison and had to raise that on monday.
But she got worse the other day and we call the family doctor.

He was furious that they had prescribed her hydrocortisone without anything to test. He forbade her to take more medication.
But the endocrinologist said she have to take it . but the other day when she got more and more worse an other endocrinologist said she had to stop it and that they will first do an ITT test ( insulin tolerance test)soon

The family doctor things that there are several things be of importance. Thyroid problems, imbalance of the autonomic nervous system , he thinks that many symptoms are from the Efexor with she has swallowed more than 10 years and than the Lyme.

Now she has to take Diazepam.

But it is just not good with her. She tries to do her best, but could barely sit upright.

She feel currents in her head.And she says that it is like that the signals from the brain not pass on right.
She have to think about every thing first how do do it. Like how to eat,walk, pee etc.

And then my other daughter.

She got worse and worse from the LD the past year
In early December, she had fever, severe cramps in the abdomen, nausea and diarrhea. She then went to the doctor . Because her ovaries were very painful, the doctor ask her if she wasn't pregnant. But she use the Pill and just had her menstruation so that couldn't.
However, it was last month when she stays a weekend here and forget the pill and she lost the other day something strange that was pink and the day after that she got her menstruation. We thought she had strange menstruation because she had an cryo treatment(don't know the English word) in octobe, the gynaecologist did freeze cells that lay outside her womb.

In the last week of December she had cramps again and lost something strange during urination,a bloody prop one of a few centimeters.
Thinking about what the doctor said a few weeks ago said she sent her boyfriend out to get a pregnancy test.
On new years Eve she called at 5 am in a panic at all. The test was positive. A few hours later she repeated it was positive again.
The same morning she went to the family doctor and everything pointed to pregnancy .
The doc thought that it was already longer and she become pregnant despite the Pill and that the pill have continues the monthly bleedings.

She continued abdominal pain. Last weekend, she was with us and the pain increase at the bottom left and she had so much pain we called the doctor
The doctor felt there and thought that the pregnancy was at least 6 weeks but he suspected that it was an ectopic pregnancy. Then she had to go to the gynaecologist in the hospital immediately .
He felt that the left bottom was swollen. Then he felt inside, and because it is not started to bleed he thought there was no question of a miscarriage.
Then he looked inside with the echo. In the womb was a bullet to see but he he could not say what it was. He couldn't find anything in the ovaries directly, but could not rule out an ectopic pregnancy , certainly not because of the pain she had
The other 2 options were that she was pregnant, but that issimply is not good, or it is an early pregnancy and can still well off

When the pain became worse we had to come back immediately.

They looked at her blood and urine and we had to come back on Tuesday.
The pregnancy hormone was appropriate to present an early pregnancy. The dot in the uterus was slightly increased but he still could not clarify. All he found the risk of an ectopic pregnancy more less .This was the most dangerous option, he said.

Last Friday they had at 8 pm prick blood for the determination of HCG value.When this remained the same or fallen it is not good anyway. On Thursday they will do an echo with better equipment and we hope to get some clarity finally.
The gyneacologist said we continue to follow you as long now until we see a heart beat .
And that it was better that they remained under control due to the lyme
We also think that it is the right thing to do because as with her sister pregnancy 5 years ago it also went wrong .

This is all still wait and see how it is run

I have to take care of my daughters and grandson and don't have much time to spent on the forum.
Listen to all,
plucking a feather from every passing goose,
but follow no one absolutely

Claudia

Re: I'm less on the forum because my daughters aren't well

Post by Claudia » Sun 11 Jan 2009 16:30

Yvonne,

I am so sorry to read about all this. I have missed not seeing your usual posts. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how you are doing, I wish it was better news.

You will all be in my thoughts. I know that you were already dealing with many health issues for yourself and your immediate family, as well as with your mother, before these new complications.

Please try to take care of yourself as best you can under all this stress.

Fondly, Claudia

Yvonne

Post by Yvonne » Sun 11 Jan 2009 19:34

Thank you Claudia.
Listen to all,

newlylymie

Post by newlylymie » Sun 11 Jan 2009 21:04

Yvonne,

I am so sorry. Your daughters are lucky to have such a wonderful mother. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Take care.

ahhclem

Post by ahhclem » Sun 11 Jan 2009 21:43

{{{{Yvonne and family}}}}

I wish you the very best- keep us posted as to how you are doing! Your oldest daughter sounds so much like my child (Babesia, Bartonella and Lyme- positive at different times).

-ahhclem

LymeEnigma

Post by LymeEnigma » Tue 13 Jan 2009 0:27

I'm so sorry, Yvonne. I hope they feel better soon.... :(

Yvonne

Post by Yvonne » Tue 13 Jan 2009 21:38

Thank you all.
Listen to all,

hiker53

Post by hiker53 » Wed 14 Jan 2009 0:31

Yvonne,

I work with kids and I hate to see them suffer, so I am sorry for your daughters problems. I will include them in my prayers. Hiker53

OneGuest

Post by OneGuest » Wed 14 Jan 2009 1:40

Yvonne,
I am so sorry you have so much happening all at once.
I pray for Grace and Strength for you and your daughters, during this time.
Try to find moments to nurture yourself, too.

OneGuest

kelmo

Post by kelmo » Wed 14 Jan 2009 2:57

Oh, Yvonne, how traumatic! Give your daughters a gentle hug for me.