Just Checking In

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
LymeEnigma

Just Checking In

Post by LymeEnigma » Mon 9 Mar 2009 12:52

I haven't had any time for discussion boards, lately, but it's for the best. The less I think about Lyme, the happier of a person I am.

I still get about a week out of every month when things get tough, that comes in varying degrees--from mild aches to headaches and fatigue--but I'm still holding to the state I was at over a year ago, when I went off the antibiotics. I consider myself infected, in remission, with some autoimmune problems resulting from it all. I don't think my illness is progressing, although I'm pretty sure this is as good as it's going to get.

I hope you all are doing well and finding answers. Take care.

Cobwebby

Re: Just Checking In

Post by Cobwebby » Tue 10 Mar 2009 15:02

Hi Lady LE ! My situation feels very similar to yours. I don't think I will ever quite return to my former self as far as my level of functioning-but I am back to work-and saving most of my energy to make it through the work day, but not engaging in much else.

I always get bogged down in winter- so I am hoping with the advent of Spring arriving I'll be able to get back out there.

I feel much more like a Loner now. I don't know- do you think the ease of socializing on the internet undermines one's desire to socialize in real life?
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

LymeEnigma

Re: Just Checking In

Post by LymeEnigma » Sat 14 Mar 2009 20:53

I'm not sure ... but I do know that I spend most of my life online, these days....