MARY BYRD BROWN

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
cave76

MARY BYRD BROWN

Post by cave76 » Mon 13 Apr 2009 23:27

Has anyone read this or heard of her? She has Lyme.

http://www.marybyrdbrown.com/

Fin24

Re: MARY BYRD BROWN

Post by Fin24 » Tue 14 Apr 2009 4:48

Just that she is producing and selling her own music-CASSETTES ( first 3 projects) and her last project is with help from another artist to self produce and record a CD-- ether hasnt yet hit big time with a label offer OR wants to stay small and indy

she is a local talent, who seems to aspire to greater things, so wanting to stay indy seems a bit antithesis.

her music is folk, jazzy and not exactly my cup of tea but she does sound as if she has "potential"

a lot of her home page is "hype"
I have relatives in the "biz" and my hubs has many clients in the music and arts "biz" ( he is an accountant) and so I am very familiar with web pages not even remotely looking like or sounding like the "real thing"

IF she is spreading the word re Lyme at the same time as promoting her career it may be helpful to our " cause" EXCEPT that she has controversial beleifs about peristsence and the "post Lyme syndrome" of the IDSA!!!

her parents are performers/guides at re-enactments of Jamestown excavation and Colonial Williamsburg so I imagine an unconventional childhood--not necessarily a bad thing
cant find her accurate birth date but her earliest recording is in 1986 and so she also says she has been in music more than " 2 decades" but her pics look very young!!

on her home website she affiliated herself and her views with the LDF and also calls her condition "post Lyme syndrome"

personally her musical talents aside I do NOT agree with her theory that
Thus, over-prescribed, long-term antibiotic use may, in fact, contribute to the Post-Lyme condition. So, a more suitable name for Post-Lyme Syndrome may very well be Post-Antibiotic Syndrome. A condensed explanation of how Post-Lyme Syndrome develops may simply be explained as follows.

Over a period of time, the Lyme bacteria continues to release toxins into the affected tissue as they die. These toxins can persist for a long time. The lingering presence of these toxins in the body create a systemic breakdown along with an amiable environment for other secondary viruses and bacteria to proliferate in the body. This is now the stage I'm trying to learn to manage
http://www.marybyrdbrown.com/

she claims that to "manage" this post Lyme syndrome she does Reiki, detox foot baths,much supplements as well as " psychiatric meds management" and other stuff

I fear she has succumbed to the folks beleiving in zonking us complaining females out with psych meds, instead of accepting the possibility of continued infection!!

at least under resources she lists ILADS as the second after LDF BUT I wonder if she realizes that her info is counter to what ILADS' is?? I mean about the Post Lyme info??

perhaps a well meaning email to her explaining the ILADS view and how its counter to the post lyme and a few references of actual bacterial perisistence which for some may go beyond her assumptions of "toxins"??
educating someone who has decided to use her " fame" to spread information about Lyme is never a bad thing IMO

marybyrdbrown

Post by marybyrdbrown » Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:57

Hello,

My name is Mary Byrd Brown. A friend of mine googled me and sent me this link today with your post of April 2009.

I want to thank you for the reminder that I need to take down my Lyme Page You were not really reminding me but you did nonetheless! . The information I posted on my web site was written 2002-2004. I realize a lot has changed, the information is now ‘old,’ and I need to update, but I just don’t have the energy anymore to tend to the management tasks of an independent artist. I also want to thank you for saying I look very young! I will turn 48 this year, so, yes, I have had at least 25 years of pursuing my dream until upon my physical collapse and loss of my career in 2002. I updated my website with the sole intention of helping others and keeping my friends, family and supporters informed (some call them fans, but I always feel so shy about using that term) until 2004, when I just gave I and have done nothing on the site for nearly eight years, except go to doctors appointments, endure pain, follow protocols and sleep. I’m sure you know all about it. But in short, I will do something about that page as soon as I can. I have to refresh my memory on how to manage my web site.

I imgagine it was not your intention to hurt and/or criticize me (i.e., remarks about my career, authenticity, etc.) but on some level I am struggling with some sadness about your remarks. But I realize you just don't really know me, my story -- so how could you possibly know. I am in treatment on antibiotics, so I'm a little more sensitive than usual; I usually let this internet stuff about me just fade on into the distance. But if you would really like to know the Truth of my story, it may not only be clarifying but also helpful to you and others.

I do appreciate your input, however, and will take your advice wisely where it counts. My true intention remains to help myself so I can help others, and help others so they can help me. That's Love.

All the best to you and your healing,
Mary Byrd Brown

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Tue 23 Jun 2009 18:32

I am sorry you took the comments as hurtful and critical--no one here "knew" you and as Im sure you realize there are many with "agendas" and less than ethical methods. This was simply stating some fact and my inion based solely upon your website.

what was said was
she is a local talent, who seems to aspire to greater things, so wanting to stay indy seems a bit antithesis.
it seemed odd that with great music aspirations, staying indy may not give you that goal.
her music is folk, jazzy and not exactly my cup of tea but she does sound as if she has "potential"
not everyone will like your "style", and I didnt--apologies
so I imagine an unconventional childhood--not necessarily a bad thing
IF she is spreading the word re Lyme at the same time as promoting her career it may be helpful to our " cause" EXCEPT that she has controversial beleifs about peristsence and the "post Lyme syndrome" of the IDSA
educating someone who has decided to use her " fame" to spread information about Lyme is never a bad thing IMO
I didnt find the posting all that horrible; if you did-- again, apologies

I guess I didnt expect someone in the entertainment field to be so "overly sensitive".my mistake.

your career and authenticity wasnt the main concern of myself and others posting here---it was promoting what may be harmful "facts" about Lyme Disease that many others would read given your placement--that means due to your advertising/promotion of your music etc.

when you place yourself in the public eye, that comes with baggage of responsibility and accountability for what is said.You kind of have to expect to be called out on it.

I wish you success- both in healing and music

marybyrdbrown

Post by marybyrdbrown » Wed 24 Jun 2009 4:13

Hello,

I want to thank you for your kindness in writing back. I truly appreciate your clarifications. I am learning a lot from you, and I am grateful for that, too.

There is so much I could write here. But I will do my best, instead, to reply with at least some degress of brevity in the interest of clarification and healing for both of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You replied: "it seemed odd that with great music aspirations, staying indy may not give you that goal"
Yes! I can certainly see and appreciate your point of of view here! Definitions of sucess in the music industry - and for every goal in life -- vary from individual to indiviudal. Truth is, small is perfect for me, because it actually INCREASES my chances of aspiring to greater things. And that 'greater thing' to me is authenticity. It means the world to me to be able to shape my music, my path the way I want to and still have roots, friends and family nearby, the luxury of sleeping in my own bed, and making enough money to survive and not worry anymore. And above all? I aspired to DOING WHAT I LOVE and be able to support myself comfortabley doing it. To live my dream since writing songs in fourth grade, is all I ever wanted, and I am so thankful I was given the chance with a whole lot of hard work and rough times, but I had the opportunity. Without any sacrifice in any way whatsoever of my essence, who I am. "Bigtime" is not necessarily mean happiness. (A colleague of mine who was playing the same venues in D.C. as I was back in the early to mid eighties was signed by Columbia records and became a huge star; sadly, she lost a lot of her self, her happiness. Thankfully, she left and is doing what makes her happy now. )

Now I can see why the word 'hype' triggered me (and a knee jerk reaction, which I apologize for). It felt like you were questioning the essence of who I am. But the Truth is, anyone can. And it happens. And your opinion or anyone elses (and same applies to you) should not leave us feeling less than who we are, because if we have a healthy strong sense of ourselves, we know our Truth - better than anyone else possibly can. So, I should have just let it go and trust that I know myself.

Oh, and that's what I meant by "knew" -- not knowing me as a performer, but rather, now knowing who I am as a soul, a person.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You replied: "not everyone will like your "style", and I didnt--apologies"That's totally fine! Of course. I let go of wanting everyone to like me many many years ago. I'm professional enough now to take the hits (all that come with being in the public eye, as you wisely pointed out). I can feel at peace in knowing I finally, before things crashed, carved my niche, found my audience, and was finally peforming in places where I fit, where I connected. Where my audience's hearts would open. The most beautiful thing I've ever known. Actually? You really don't even need to apologize. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You replied: " I didnt find the posting all that horrible; if you did-- again, apologies"Awe, no need for apology, really. And after I revisited your post I, myself, realized that I responded hastily and with insecurity about myself. You presented a lot critically important points about Lyme disease. And you also incorporated some very kind comments into your remarks. Funny how we overlook the good stuff and focus on the negative when a part of us feels hurt or criticized. I think my reaction is more of a reflection of where I am in my life and in my grieving my loss of career (fiance, body, etc.)

Btw, that 'other artist' who was on my last Live album I did was my the man I thought I was going to marry. I was too broke and too sick to make another studio album, so we just grabbed the recording equipment on the way on of my last concerts and let it roll. (Also, I produced another indpendently created CD before this live album, and one of the three cassettes you speak of actually was eventually put out on CD. That was what we had back then in the early eighties - cassettes. I wish I had enough money to print my whole catalog. Oh well, my music really speaks to what I've endured now, and sings about Hope, and what I've learned in all of this; more of a healing premise. Might really soothe people to listen to - they might feel less alone. Working less on guitar and more on my first instrument, piano now. A lot more translates through my live performances that what you hear on a records. I've always been on a shoestring budget trying to support myself and fund my career on a hand to mouth basis. Really hard, but really worth it. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You replied: "I guess I didnt expect someone in the entertainment field to be so "overly sensitive".my mistake."
Oh, that's Ok. How could you have known? I can tell ya though, most of us songwriters are exquisitely sensitive. I'm learning though, as I grow, and grow older, that I can take things less personally. (Wow! I sure did a great job with my first response, no?) I am chuckling at myself. But actually, as writers, we are constantly taking in the world around us - all of its emotions, frequencies, everything. We are like little radars walking around. I used to fault myself for it, but now I feel like it is a real gift to be able to *see* the essence of things, people, life, Love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You replied: "your career and authenticity wasnt the main concern of myself and others posting here---it was promoting what may be harmful "facts" about Lyme Disease that many others would read given your placement--that means due to your advertising/promotion of your music etc."Yes, I get that now. And as I previously expressed, I think the trigger for me was a sense of my character, my self being under attack. But I'm past that now.

You replied: "when you place yourself in the public eye, that comes with baggage of responsibility and accountability for what is said.You kind of have to expect to be called out on it."You've go THAT right! I usually don't pay attention to the internet or media; I've learned if I do read it, just read it objectively. Sometimes I'm better at it than other times. It 'ain't' easy. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, and about the psych meds. No, I am not being zonked with meds so I'll be another complaining women who is being asked to shut up. Thank God. I have a great team, actually, and all of them are willing and wanting to be more LYme literate. I'm really lucky - took a long time to find a Lyme literate psychiatrist in MD, though. My therapist is super, too. I have substantial depression and anxiety in my family. I've struggled with anxiety (which was quite evident in my initial reponse to you) and depression most of my life. Ah, yes, the 'suffering artist' prototype. No, actually I'm a mixed bag of infinite strengh and optimism mixed with intermittent hopelessness at times. The point is, the meds do help, but I do not totally rely on them for healing. For me, tossing Lyme disease on top of these preexisting challenges is not unlike throwing gasoline on fire. So, I needed help and went about my search intelligently. But I really met some narrow minded, myopic psychiatrists along the way who claim that depression and anxiety are not in any way related to Lyme disease. Well, we all know that story. So, I am actually titrating my meds to a lower dose, now. I'm going to see how I do without them because I'm back in treatment, and as Dr. Robert Bransfield says (he treated me for a while, but he's just too far away - loved him though) antibiotics can sometimes manifest like antidepressants in treatment. We'll see! (Bransfield is up in New Jersey - a front runner in neuropsychiatric Lyme - I'm feeling pretty confident you've heard of him?) I'm not afraid to ask for help anymore; this experience has really helped with on that one! (Not only helped me in asking, but I'd say even more in the RECEIVING part.) :)

One thing of great importance that I also did want to clarifty is this: I never used my illness to further my professional career, ever. I know of some who do, but I don't judge them. I figure that they are filling some kind of need within themselves whatever it may be - as long as they do not HURT anyone else. In Truth, my career collapsed almost immediately upon a long awaited diagnosis in 2002. So many kind folks wrote to me with requests for updates, notes of concerns, donations, questions about Lyme; pleas for help, that I was overwhelmed. So my intention in putting up that page was only to keep friends, families and music supporters up to date with what was going on -- I just suddenly diseappeared from the newspapers, from the venues. Man, it was like Rip Van Winkle. One day I awoke and everything was different. So, my purest intention in what now is referred to as a 'blog' (had no idea then) was only to help others and to share my store and what felt like Truth - meaning, the experience I was going thru and what I felt like was going on in my body. I was also deteriorating cognitively and tilting back and forth in a sea of different opinions that it is no wonder my, what I call, journal was inconsistent. By 2004 I just could not keep it up anymore. I was diagnosed May1, 2002 and my last performance was September 6, 2002. Just like that. To a screeching halt. My intention was never to use this trauamtic experience to create more opportunity for myself, and I never, never intended to deceive anyone.

20 some years of managing my bookings, producing my own records, managing marketing, advertising, press releases, travel arrangements, correspondence, networking, on a shoestring budget just overnight, ceased to be. I worked too hard, and I not only 'diseased out,' I also clinically burned out from overwork - clinical exhasution. So, I crashed, hard and fast.

So, now I just need to relearn how to edit web pages (I've forgotten so much of what I used to be able to do; I even have to relearn all of my songs if I want to play them. But at least I can still play, although painful. And I thank God every day that I can still write. I never miss counting my blessings. The Universe loves gratitude, and so do I.

Really, all that truly deeply matters, is Compassion, Gratitude, Forgiveness...all the inroads to Peace and moving forward in a positive direction. So, I try to say away from saying negative things about people best I can, and create positivity, the best I can, from my own little corner of my own little world so that it will spill into a bigger piece of the world and hopefully, transform so much suffering in this world. A small part, but at least it is something. I help others worse off than me as much as I can. I am only on a cane, but I just graduated to using scooters in the store and who knows what is next. But I am thankful I have not yet met the seat of a wheelchair.

And I am super thankful for intelligent folks like you other there making a difference and being a voice for so many of us.

You replied: "I wish you success- both in healing and music
Same to you my friend. All of the same to yout times ten. :) Well, I guess you've figured out that I'm not very sucessful at being brief, yes? LOL! A writer's curse, I guess. Funny, I was an English major in college and the difference between the English students and the Journalism students was that the Journalism students learned how to paraphrase and write with brevity. They must have taught us to write with some sort of oral disorder! :) Just kidding.

If you have the interest, time, and/or energy, I'd be interested in your story. I'm really slow at keeping up with correspondence for the most part, these days. (I was pretty quick responding to your post, though.)
Did not want to just talk 'at' you. I'm curious about your experience with Lyme and what you do in your life, too. I'm really isolated these days as gettingout as harder and with my support system getting smaller these days (It's tough when you are chronic; well meaning people are just really busy in their lives and people get a little more densensitized to chronic situations after a while. Nature of the beast, I suppose.

Take care and thanks for sharing all of your great insights. I'll get around to taking down my journal page on my site as soon as I can pull it all together. I think I'll stay away from controversial issues (was not as controversial back in 2002 - compared to now), and just list really great and reliable resources for people to check out. Any you might suggest that are not on my web site? I know there is a plethora of support sites out there, so just a few more would be helpful. I'll put them up on my Resource page once I have the energy and relearn how to do it.

Back to bed. I really tired myself out here. Worth it, though.

Warmly and with only healing thoughts and prayers for you,
"Byrdie" (my nickname)
Mary Byrd Brown

marybyrdbrown

Post by marybyrdbrown » Wed 24 Jun 2009 4:13

Hello,

I want to thank you for your kindness in writing back. I truly appreciate your clarifications. I am learning a lot from you, and I am grateful for that, too.

There is so much I could write here. But I will do my best, instead, to reply with at least some degress of brevity in the interest of clarification and healing for both of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You replied: "it seemed odd that with great music aspirations, staying indy may not give you that goal"
Yes! I can certainly see and appreciate your point of of view here! Definitions of sucess in the music industry - and for every goal in life -- vary from individual to indiviudal. Truth is, small is perfect for me, because it actually INCREASES my chances of aspiring to greater things. And that 'greater thing' to me is authenticity. It means the world to me to be able to shape my music, my path the way I want to and still have roots, friends and family nearby, the luxury of sleeping in my own bed, and making enough money to survive and not worry anymore. And above all? I aspired to DOING WHAT I LOVE and be able to support myself comfortabley doing it. To live my dream since writing songs in fourth grade, is all I ever wanted, and I am so thankful I was given the chance with a whole lot of hard work and rough times, but I had the opportunity. Without any sacrifice in any way whatsoever of my essence, who I am. "Bigtime" is not necessarily mean happiness. (A colleague of mine who was playing the same venues in D.C. as I was back in the early to mid eighties was signed by Columbia records and became a huge star; sadly, she lost a lot of her self, her happiness. Thankfully, she left and is doing what makes her happy now. )

Now I can see why the word 'hype' triggered me (and a knee jerk reaction, which I apologize for). It felt like you were questioning the essence of who I am. But the Truth is, anyone can. And it happens. And your opinion or anyone elses (and same applies to you) should not leave us feeling less than who we are, because if we have a healthy strong sense of ourselves, we know our Truth - better than anyone else possibly can. So, I should have just let it go and trust that I know myself.

Oh, and that's what I meant by "knew" -- not knowing me as a performer, but rather, now knowing who I am as a soul, a person.

You replied: "not everyone will like your "style", and I didnt--apologies"That's totally fine! Of course. I let go of wanting everyone to like me many many years ago. I'm professional enough now to take the hits (all that come with being in the public eye, as you wisely pointed out). I can feel at peace in knowing I finally, before things crashed, carved my niche, found my audience, and was finally peforming in places where I fit, where I connected. Where my audience's hearts would open. The most beautiful thing I've ever known. Actually? You really don't even need to apologize. :)

You replied: " I didnt find the posting all that horrible; if you did-- again, apologies"Awe, no need for apology, really. And after I revisited your post I, myself, realized that I responded hastily and with insecurity about myself. You presented a lot critically important points about Lyme disease. And you also incorporated some very kind comments into your remarks. Funny how we overlook the good stuff and focus on the negative when a part of us feels hurt or criticized. I think my reaction is more of a reflection of where I am in my life and in my grieving my loss of career (fiance, body, etc.)

Btw, that 'other artist' who was on my last Live album I did was my the man I thought I was going to marry. I was too broke and too sick to make another studio album, so we just grabbed the recording equipment on the way on of my last concerts and let it roll. (Also, I produced another indpendently created CD before this live album, and one of the three cassettes you speak of actually was eventually put out on CD. That was what we had back then in the early eighties - cassettes. I wish I had enough money to print my whole catalog. Oh well, my music really speaks to what I've endured now, and sings about Hope, and what I've learned in all of this; more of a healing premise. Might really soothe people to listen to - they might feel less alone. Working less on guitar and more on my first instrument, piano now. A lot more translates through my live performances that what you hear on a records. I've always been on a shoestring budget trying to support myself and fund my career on a hand to mouth basis. Really hard, but really worth it. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You replied: "I guess I didnt expect someone in the entertainment field to be so "overly sensitive".my mistake."
Oh, that's Ok. How could you have known? I can tell ya though, most of us songwriters are exquisitely sensitive. I'm learning though, as I grow, and grow older, that I can take things less personally. (Wow! I sure did a great job with my first response, no?) I am chuckling at myself. But actually, as writers, we are constantly taking in the world around us - all of its emotions, frequencies, everything. We are like little radars walking around. I used to fault myself for it, but now I feel like it is a real gift to be able to *see* the essence of things, people, life, Love.

You replied: "your career and authenticity wasnt the main concern of myself and others posting here---it was promoting what may be harmful "facts" about Lyme Disease that many others would read given your placement--that means due to your advertising/promotion of your music etc."Yes, I get that now. And as I previously expressed, I think the trigger for me was a sense of my character, my self being under attack. But I'm past that now.

You replied: "when you place yourself in the public eye, that comes with baggage of responsibility and accountability for what is said.You kind of have to expect to be called out on it."You've go THAT right! I usually don't pay attention to the internet or media; I've learned if I do read it, just read it objectively. Sometimes I'm better at it than other times. It 'ain't' easy. :)

Oh, and about the psych meds. No, I am not being zonked with meds so I'll be another complaining women who is being asked to shut up. Thank God. I have a great team, actually, and all of them are willing and wanting to be more LYme literate. I'm really lucky - took a long time to find a Lyme literate psychiatrist in MD, though. My therapist is super, too. I have substantial depression and anxiety in my family. I've struggled with anxiety (which was quite evident in my initial reponse to you) and depression most of my life. Ah, yes, the 'suffering artist' prototype. No, actually I'm a mixed bag of infinite strengh and optimism mixed with intermittent hopelessness at times. The point is, the meds do help, but I do not totally rely on them for healing. For me, tossing Lyme disease on top of these preexisting challenges is not unlike throwing gasoline on fire. So, I needed help and went about my search intelligently. But I really met some narrow minded, myopic psychiatrists along the way who claim that depression and anxiety are not in any way related to Lyme disease. Well, we all know that story. So, I am actually titrating my meds to a lower dose, now. I'm going to see how I do without them because I'm back in treatment, and as Dr. Robert Bransfield says (he treated me for a while, but he's just too far away - loved him though) antibiotics can sometimes manifest like antidepressants in treatment. We'll see! (Bransfield is up in New Jersey - a front runner in neuropsychiatric Lyme - I'm feeling pretty confident you've heard of him?) I'm not afraid to ask for help anymore; this experience has really helped with on that one! (Not only helped me in asking, but I'd say even more in the RECEIVING part.) :)

One thing of great importance that I also did want to clarifty is this: I never used my illness to further my professional career, ever. I know of some who do, but I don't judge them. I figure that they are filling some kind of need within themselves whatever it may be - as long as they do not HURT anyone else. In Truth, my career collapsed almost immediately upon a long awaited diagnosis in 2002. So many kind folks wrote to me with requests for updates, notes of concerns, donations, questions about Lyme; pleas for help, that I was overwhelmed. So my intention in putting up that page was only to keep friends, families and music supporters up to date with what was going on -- I just suddenly diseappeared from the newspapers, from the venues. Man, it was like Rip Van Winkle. One day I awoke and everything was different. So, my purest intention in what now is referred to as a 'blog' (had no idea then) was only to help others and to share my store and what felt like Truth - meaning, the experience I was going thru and what I felt like was going on in my body. I was also deteriorating cognitively and tilting back and forth in a sea of different opinions that it is no wonder my, what I call, journal was inconsistent. By 2004 I just could not keep it up anymore. I was diagnosed May1, 2002 and my last performance was September 6, 2002. Just like that. To a screeching halt. My intention was never to use this trauamtic experience to create more opportunity for myself, and I never, never intended to deceive anyone.

20 some years of managing my bookings, producing my own records, managing marketing, advertising, press releases, travel arrangements, correspondence, networking, on a shoestring budget just overnight, ceased to be. I worked too hard, and I not only 'diseased out,' I also clinically burned out from overwork - clinical exhasution. So, I crashed, hard and fast.

So, now I just need to relearn how to edit web pages (I've forgotten so much of what I used to be able to do; I even have to relearn all of my songs if I want to play them. But at least I can still play, although painful. And I thank God every day that I can still write. I never miss counting my blessings. The Universe loves gratitude, and so do I.

Really, all that truly deeply matters, is Compassion, Gratitude, Forgiveness...all the inroads to Peace and moving forward in a positive direction. So, I try to say away from saying negative things about people best I can, and create positivity, the best I can, from my own little corner of my own little world so that it will spill into a bigger piece of the world and hopefully, transform so much suffering in this world. A small part, but at least it is something. I help others worse off than me as much as I can. I am only on a cane, but I just graduated to using scooters in the store and who knows what is next. But I am thankful I have not yet met the seat of a wheelchair.

And I am super thankful for intelligent folks like you other there making a difference and being a voice for so many of us.

You replied: "I wish you success- both in healing and music
Same to you my friend. All of the same to yout times ten. :) Well, I guess you've figured out that I'm not very sucessful at being brief, yes? LOL! A writer's curse, I guess. Funny, I was an English major in college and the difference between the English students and the Journalism students was that the Journalism students learned how to paraphrase and write with brevity. They must have taught us to write with some sort of oral disorder! :) Just kidding.

If you have the interest, time, and/or energy, I'd be interested in your story. I'm really slow at keeping up with correspondence for the most part, these days. (I was pretty quick responding to your post, though.)
Did not want to just talk 'at' you. I'm curious about your experience with Lyme and what you do in your life, too. I'm really isolated these days as gettingout as harder and with my support system getting smaller these days (It's tough when you are chronic; well meaning people are just really busy in their lives and people get a little more densensitized to chronic situations after a while. Nature of the beast, I suppose.

Take care and thanks for sharing all of your great insights. I'll get around to taking down my journal page on my site as soon as I can pull it all together. I think I'll stay away from controversial issues (was not as controversial back in 2002 - compared to now), and just list really great and reliable resources for people to check out. Any you might suggest that are not on my web site? I know there is a plethora of support sites out there, so just a few more would be helpful. I'll put them up on my Resource page once I have the energy and relearn how to do it.

Back to bed. I really tired myself out here. Worth it, though.

Warmly and with only healing thoughts and prayers for you,
"Byrdie" (my nickname)
Mary Byrd Brown

hiker53

Post by hiker53 » Wed 24 Jun 2009 23:27

Mary,

Welcome to the forum. May peace and health come your way. Hiker53 <><