The TwiLyme Zone

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
LymeH

Re: The TwiLyme Zone

Post by LymeH » Tue 6 Apr 2010 4:45

This should not be a surprise to anyone. Dr. Jones needs MORE money!
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

posted 04-05-2010 10:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please share this with everyone you know. Thanks!

Dr. Jones Update- Monday, April 5, 2010

Dr. Charles R. Jones is facing an immediate and overwhelming financial burden due to fines and costly sanctions placed on him by the Connecticut Medical Examining Board.

What we are sadly witnessing is the persecution of a Lyme-treating doctor for his successful approach in fighting this complex and controversial disease that very few in the medical field will adequately address.

FROM THE OFFICE OF DR. JONES AND HIS DEDICATED STAFF-

We extend a special thank you to all and want you to know we continue to do all we can to be here for you and the children. Dr. Jones has been fighting very hard to keep going. Now he needs your support, each and everyone of you!

If you could take one minute every day to help him we would be grateful!

UPDATE FROM GOVERNOR’S OFFICE- The Governor's office stated today that Dr. Charles Ray Jones situation isn't something the Governor "typically" looks into, however, with your continuing efforts we may be able to encourage her to take a closer look at the repeated targeting and prosecution of Dr. Jones. It’s up to you to make this happen!

ONGOING ACTIONS- Please continue contacting Governor Rell every day until she takes steps to stop the ongoing actions against Dr. Jones.

Parents and children who are visiting Dr. Jones office are writing notes and drawing pictures to encourage the Governor to help them. They need your help.

Contact information for Governor M. Jodi Rell:

Phone Toll-Free: 1-800-406-1527

Email Governor.Rell@ct.gov

Send mail to- Governor M. Jodi Rell
Executive Office of the Governor
State Capitol
210 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06106

NEW ACTIONS- LET THE MEDIA KNOW! Please contact a Connecticut newspaper (Letter to the Editor) with your concerns about Lyme disease and the continuing targeting of Dr. Jones. Remember many papers have word limits (200 or less) and you must send original letters.

CT Residents- to find a newspaper in your area, see the link below.

http://www.50states.com/news/conn.htm

If you live outside of Connecticut please contact one of the following papers.

NEW HAVEN REGISTER- letters@nhregister.com

CONNECTICUT POST- edit@ctpost.com

GREENWICH TIMES- letters.greenwichtime@scni.com

DANBURY NEWS TIMES- Letters@newstimes.com

HARTFORT COURANT- Submit your letter on this form:
http://www.courant.com/about/thc-letter ... customform

For information and facts concerning Dr. Jones situation:
http://www.lymerights.org/Letter_from_D ... b_2010.pdf

HOW TO DONATE TO THE LEGAL DEFENSE FUND: There is no doubt Lyme Disease has drained us financially. Many of us have had to refinance homes, exhaust college and retirement funds and borrow from family and friends.

It is with sensitivity to this reality that we are asking you to join us in contributing to this effort in what ever way you can. The deadline for paying the $10,000.00 fine is approaching fast (April 15, 2010) and there are mounting legal fees that need to be paid to keep Dr. Jones legal defense intact.

To donate- write “Penalty or Gift” in the memo field of your checks.

Payable to: Pullman & Comley Trust Account-for Dr. Charles Jones

Mail to: Elliott B. Pollack, Esquire
c/o Pullman & Comley, LLC
90 State House Square
Hartford, CT 06103-3702

PayPal instructions are posted here:
http://lymesite.com/DrJones_please_send ... _to_th.htm

Please share this information with others and continue to let the Governor know how important Dr. Jones is to you. Keep up the good work!

For updates, actions and information please go to http://www.LymeRights.org

--------------------
If takes all the future, we'll live through the past,
If the phone doesn't ring, it's me.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 11395 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004 | IP: Logged |

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Tue 6 Apr 2010 6:58

LN already DELETED at least 2 threads re Jones once it turned hostile--meaning once Tincup et al started to look stupid and members started to question the sanity/purpose of
1.harassing the Gov of Ct when she has historically been fair to Lyme pts and shouldnt get involved in this anyway
2.sending MORE money for what now may in fact be breaches of ethical medical care
3.inciting riots among Lymies without a clear purpose other than to look as if leaders are "doing" something

This is not only INSANE but I notice the TIMING: this week LDA announced that theyre holding their own conference this Oct in Phila; 2 weeks ahead of ILADS' conference!!

ILADS has ostensibly agreed that its time to divest itself from activism, advocacy and non professional activities and while theyll still allow input and voicing of concerns from Patient Groups, they FINALLY (IMO) are realizing that accountability includes divesting from the crazies, fanatics, etc. and again "finally" take their own description seriously: "for health care professionals".

SO, for the first time in 10 yrs LDA is NOT going to be allowed to jointly run or participate in the ILADS Lyme Conference.
And in response to suggestions by leaders, advocates and even members of ILADS, that if LDA wishes to do their own conference that they do a patient conference in the summer of 2010 or at least several months away from the Date of ILADS international Conference ( Oct 15-17 in Jersey City, NJ).

WELL, LDA "decided" to NOT take that suggestion nor to be open about their gameplan. This week they gaily announced that their yearly conference is scheduled for Oct 2-3 in Philly.

This is just TWO weeks before ILADS Conference and also on the east coast

Now I ask all of you, how many patients and or Drs will have the time, energy and money to attend two such conferences in the same month?? AND wanna bet that the health care professionals, used to seeing and attending the joint conference so widely advertized by LDA, will assume the Oct 2 is just that??

When questioned as to why theyd do such a thing,and/or why they arent EXPLICITLY stating the fact that this LDA confab is not the "usual" one with ILADS, Phyllis Mervine replied:

ILADS decided to do a 2 1/2 day conference which didn't leave room for LDA to have Friday.
The LDA has always focused on scientific presentations, ILADS on clinical. So now that the meetings are separate, LDA will add a clinical component for drs who are treating patients.
LDA allows patients to attend. I don't know what ILADS' policy is. You can contact ILADS exec. director Barbara Buchman <Lymedocs@aol.com>
Phyllis

FIBS, and more slippery nonsense

- ILADS did NOT "decide" to do a lengthier conference leaving "no time for LDA" at ALL.--They simply decided to hold a PROFESSIONAL conference like all other medical groups do...professionally.

- historically during the conferences,ILADS focused on BOTH clinical AND science as did LDA--the topics always have overlapped and I venture to guess that this year they will again--very often science has clinical implications and of course clinical issues are driven by the science ( or one hopes).

-WHY would LDA add components for Drs if they arent going to try and attract Drs to go to THEIRS INSTEAD of the ILADS conference?? and WHY are they hiding which Drs theyre asking to speak?? and why are they avoiding replying to the question: are they going to tell those speaker invitees about the ILADS conference 2 weeks later?

-and they HINT that ILADS wont allow pts to attend--when that has not been decided yet.
to cagily suggest everyone contact ILADS directly ( harass them IOW), when as a "leader" she should KNOW BOTH the conferences policies; is another spiteful tactic IMO

SO we now have LDA/CALDA et al trying to undermine the long overdue divestiture of them from ILADS' process and procedures, including conferences. Deja vu when they have more than once tried to undermine NatCapLyme et al in much the same ways.

What Id like to see is as many patients as possible alerting their own Drs to this---IOW if theyre going to attend any conference that they realize there are TWO; and if they have to choose, to make sure they KNOW which theyre going to and NOT simply assume the LDA one is the "usual" one. Also Id like to see LDA and CALDA be harassed with emails and calls just like they suggest we do to CT governor and ILADS!!!

ASK them to explain exaclty WHY theyve chosen to DO this and then when they give you the cockamamie excuses as Phyllis did; ask them if they really expect us to beleive that!

DO email ILADS to express if youre relieved that theyre finally trying to behave as a professional medical organization and perhaps they ought to carry it further by removing from their membership all non health professionals starting with Rosner and book authors who have no other entree or qualification to be there and also start to clean house of the fringe and questionably practicing Drs. Get some credibility and accountability.

SO IMO the Jones please and exaggerations are part of their dual smokescreen: the conference scheds and rile the masses to think theyre doing "something" despite the fact that THIS time theyre supporting what may be unethical if not negligent or malpractice behaviors.

Treating children sight unseen is not only risky but very much against every pediatric dictum of care. And when a Dr is so tired and aged that his staff is running ALL decisions and hiding much from him, perhaps its time he IS nudged to retirement?? So why should we want to support this behavior financially?

Just because we are told by Tinhead and company??

I think not.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Tue 6 Apr 2010 7:12

Fin24
Now I ask all of you, how many patients and or Drs will have the time, energy and money to attend two such conferences in the same month?? AND wanna bet that the health care professionals, used to seeing and attending the joint conference so widely advertized by LDA, will assume the Oct 2 is just that??
Well, since "all of you" includes me, too...my response?

WHO CARES?

Why does this concern you? Hell, let 'em go to all the conferences they want, for all I care. They can have conferences about having conferences.

They can have three or four a month. With sandwiches and coffe or without. Donuts or bagels...or maybe even croissants. With marmalade. Or not. So long as they are all constantly in meetings, seems to me they're not bothering anyone else. Which would be an improvement.

(And what does your desire to be the LDA/ILADS concierge and plan their meetings for them have to do with the topic of this thread, which was about the hiding of information from people who were being solicited to donate to the Jones defense fund)?
SO IMO the Jones please and exaggerations are part of their dual smokescreen: the conference scheds and rile the masses to think theyre doing "something" despite the fact that THIS time theyre supporting what may be unethical if not negligent or malpractice behaviors.
Oh, please...go back and re-read the Jones defense fund thread, here. Remember who tried to intentionally disrupt that? Just to try to stop others from asking questions?

You've got an awfully short and convenient memory, sister...now, here...does this refresh your memory at all?
Fin24 : as for what was "meant":

well I guess I and many here were basing our understanding of what was meant in the letter upon our relationship to the case, our involvement in prior and ongoing discussions and our previous one on one discussions with those involved--its understandable that you didnt "get" waht was meant the way we did

sometimes insiders' usage of language does confuse those out of the loop

I and many here dont need to ask Dr J or staff, as I said, we "get it"...but if you are still in need of explanations and clarifications you are welcome to make the phone call..His staff has been nothing but cordial and forthcoming at every stage--even before my son was a patient ( and he no longer is btw) I had called their office for details before I would sign onto the first efforts of fundraising here where I live and they NEVER hid anything--from dollar details to case facts that werent priveleged...nothing ..so maybe you should have a conversation with them
And this:
Spanky: "...suppressing conversations and thoughts that they don't agree with".
Of course, they will now, no doubt, deny this...

Fin24: "I wont deny ( pick yourself off the floor)".
So, now...you're all on the other side of this?

After all of that?

LymeH

Post by LymeH » Tue 6 Apr 2010 14:13

Fin24 wrote:LN already DELETED at least 2 threads re Jones once it turned hostile--meaning once Tincup et al started to look stupid and members started to question the sanity/purpose of
1.harassing the Gov of Ct when she has historically been fair to Lyme pts and shouldnt get involved in this anyway
2.sending MORE money for what now may in fact be breaches of ethical medical care.

<snip>

THIS time theyre supporting what may be unethical if not negligent or malpractice behaviors.

Treating children sight unseen is not only risky but very much against every pediatric dictum of care. And when a Dr is so tired and aged that his staff is running ALL decisions and hiding much from him, perhaps its time he IS nudged to retirement??
I agree. As we discussed elsewhere, he must have the money to continue what the Lymeland masses see as life-saving treatment of children. I'm guessing that all those parasites need to go to Maui, where the combined effects of the heat and the full moon glow will provide essential treatment. Maui == Money. Money == Maui.

If you have a copy of those Jones threads that went to The Land of the Disappearing Posts - post them please. All in the name of Transparency.

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Tue 6 Apr 2010 15:43

How did this witch hunt get started? Follow the money.
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

LymeH

Post by LymeH » Tue 6 Apr 2010 15:51

Cobwebby wrote:How did this witch hunt get started? Follow the money.
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

Which witch hunt?

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Tue 6 Apr 2010 17:37

LymeHystorian wrote:
Cobwebby wrote:How did this witch hunt get started? Follow the money.
Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

Which witch hunt?
Which witch was watching which witch when the witch hunt began?
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

LymeH

Post by LymeH » Tue 6 Apr 2010 17:46

Which witch is the greater witch?

Evil, witches, worms, full moons, evil eels, evil deeds and evil deals --- am I detecting a theme here?

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Tue 6 Apr 2010 20:41

but why would Lymehysterian who doesnt now have Lyme and isnt any longer directly affected by ANY of this, CARE and Cobweb whose kids arent any longer young enough to even ever need Dr Jones care?????
( rhetorical LH and Cob--just making a point--o need to reply)

OR maybe perhaps this was ONLY directed at ME as in who am I to care??:

SPANKY ( re my post)
Why does this concern you?
perhaps this was meant as " WHY does this concern you?" as in what reasons do I have; or even "Why does THIS concern you?"as in vs anything else, but given the snide MISATTRIBUTION of my intent per this additional comment again by Spanky
your desire to be the LDA/ILADS concierge and plan their meetings for them
I presume with confidence that he meant who the hell am I to care??

to which I respond: who the hell are YOU to question why I can or even should care?? and why the hell arent you asking why Martian cares about global warming when its very unlikely itll even directly affect him in his lifetime; why Lyme hysterian cares so much about the Lyme community and its foibles when she has escaped it, and why Cobweb cares to be here when all she has posted in the past few months is the desire to be in a WARM AND FRIENDLY AND SUPPORTIVE place. Gee Hows that working out for ya Cobs?? did you feel all warm and fuzzy after being berated and verbally bashed for thinking you had a harder less privileged life than others??

Oh I see, because its ME and Spanky has been given carte blanche by admin to make blustering,self serving comments no matter how inane, abusive, or mistaken, as long as its directed at ME. AAHHH makes sense now
--------------------------
the topic of the thread was about donations to Jones; and hiding information from the prospective donees per Spanky
the topic of this thread, which was about the hiding of information from people who were being solicited to donate to the Jones defense fund
the most recent post I replied to was LH reporting that Tincup was again soliciting for Jones Monies to which I replied that recent related threads re this, were deleted again showing a propensity to HIDE INFORMATION
so far are ya with me Spank??? is that easy enough to follow now??

and that the TIMING of yet another thread re Jones to replace the deleted ones, was suspicious to me and others given the juxtaposition of the conference announcements-- what "we" knew to be taking place behind the scenes-- and LDA's et al HISTORICAL use of smokescreening with various of these "announcements" to continue the hiding of information; hence I FEEL THAT its part and parcel to the LDA m.o. AND ADDED TO THE EXPLANATIONS of LH's post, as well as ADDED to the understanding of the continued "hiding of information" that Spanky originally brought up--as in "business as usual" . Further...the probable use of Jones' situation as a smokescreen for their conference undermining is again the usual m.o. also ex[plaining the thread posted by LH from LN

again I ask the Spankmeister...do ya see the connections now, brother??? Just because you dont feel it has anything to do with your OP ( per you--Jones donations and hiding info) doesnt mean that other members here share that view. I didnt know you were now in charge of deciding that for all of us.WHY would you want to intently direct and control so completely, where any discussion goes???? or maybe I should ask " why would YOU want to do that"?

IM Sorry that Spanky missed that point-- of the relatedness of the conference announcement + behind the scenes about that and the relatedness to the ongoing Jones saga and maybe if he wasnt so intent on knee-JERK reactions to everything I post and wouldnt rather ask me " who the hell are you to care or say anything here"--he mightve gotten that point--even if he disagreed with it---and realized it wasnt off topic and therefore NOT a hijacking as he also hinted at with this comment:
Remember who tried to intentionally disrupt that? Just to try to stop others from asking questions?
and now just WHOM is stopping who from asking questions??? by saying " who are YOU to care?"

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Tue 6 Apr 2010 21:05

"Fin24
I presume with confidence that he meant who the hell am I to care??

Well, sort of...what I really meant was why does anyone care about the scheduling of their stupid damn meetings?

I mean, geez, Finette...what does that have to do with anything?

And YOU made such an awful ruckus in here about people asking questions about the Jones defense fund...and now you do a complete 180 degree flip-flop on us, even accusing him of possible misconduct (which I certainly never did)...and expect us to somehow forget about what you said earlier?
again I ask the Spankmeister
That's the "Spank-Kahuna", to you, sister... 8-)