The TwiLyme Zone

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
LymeH

Re: The TwiLyme Zone

Post by LymeH » Tue 6 Apr 2010 21:28

Any pet lovers out there? (No, I don't mean literally). Have you ever seen a dog that has been raised in an abusive environment? It doesn't matter whether it was physical abuse or emotional abuse. It doesn't matter whether the abuse came from its owners or strangers. It doesn't matter whether the abuse was intentional or stemmed from pure ignorance.

Have you ever tried to pet a dog that has been abused? You raise your hand to gently caress it's head and it BITES you. It has learned the lesson over and over again to not trust. So when something or someone good comes along, it just snaps at it. It is a shame.

Just like in the animal kingdom, I think something happens to people who feel they have been abused in one way or another. Something happens over time. Their perspective falls out of balance. They learn - they are taught - not to trust. They keep getting their hand slapped for all the wrong reasons. Just like a once loved, once likeable, once loveable pet that has been abused, people can take on similar behavior patterns.

Likewise, I understand it is hard for people to distinguish who should or should not be trusted. It is especially hard when people feel like they have been beaten down by the system, or by doctors, or by family, or by anything and everything *around* them.

So, that is the problem. The question is what to do about it? FIght back? Kick and scream everytime anyone makes the slightest mis-step? Defend one's territory to the bitter, bloody and brutal end?

That sounds exhausting to me. There may be a time and a place for war in the world, but I do not think this is it. If people are sick and they are not getting better, I suggest a fresh perspective at everything. Isn't there a Michael Jackson song about it all starting with the man in the mirror? That is where it starts.

One difference between people and animals is that people have an additional challenge of their ego to deal with. I know it is hard, very hard, to admit that one has made a mistake or even has dedicated their life towards something that turns out to be an ill pursuit (no pun intended). It can be very hard to realize when to back down. It can be hard to realize when to take a different approach at solving the same old problem.

I think if people want to gain support for whatever their cause - pro-Chronic Lyme, anti-Chronic Lyme, pro-Maui, pro-worm flares on a full moon ----- it does not matter what the cause. If you want support stop beating those that do not support you or are undecided.

Regular beatings never draw people closer together.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Tue 6 Apr 2010 21:38

LymeHystorian:
think if people want to gain support for whatever their cause - pro-Chronic Lyme, anti-Chronic Lyme, pro-Maui, pro-worm flares on a full moon ----- it does not matter what the cause. If you want support stop beating those that do not support you or are undecided.

Regular beatings never draw people closer together.
Well said, LH. Bravo.

And I was tempted to add some more in my reply to my dear friend Finette...but watching those videos of Maui...I am just too incredibly chilled out and mellow, today.

Could you maybe please come back, tomorrow, Finette?

I would also like to add that I am most definitely "pro-Maui".

I am going to draw a line in the sand on that one... :D
============================================================================

On this one, though...
LH: "Maui == Money. Money == Maui".
Not really. All you really need is a credit card and an internet connection to make reservations.

Even better if it is someone else's credit card.

But I don't recommend that...having an internet connection, I mean... :D

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Wed 7 Apr 2010 4:22

Regular beatings never draw people closer together. :o No you didn't (say that).

Last time I suggested that to someone I was told to GROW UP!
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Thu 8 Apr 2010 0:55

Good old Mr Spanky Puhule:
And YOU made such an awful ruckus in here about people asking questions about the Jones defense fund...and now you do a complete 180 degree flip-flop on us
really???? 180 degree flip-flop?

Dr Jones Defense Fund thread
Feb 11 2010 Fin says
I have in vain emailed and posted in about 8 venues inquiring about those charges stating IMO we the donors would like to know at least the basic nature or general charges so we can decide if we wish to continue to support this.

NO reply

well not entirely true--one reply was " we have to support him no matter what so the details are irrelevant"

umm not for me, I do not blindly support anything
for all we know those charges ( any or all) may be valid and then I dont want to be supporting (financially or otherwise) anyone who perhaps needs to be looked at and possibly "corrected".

for all we know those charges ( any or all) may be valid
( this all was re the RECENT Ct Med Bd charges discussed this thread and for which new pleas for money are being made)

SO, 180 degree turn about from this thread??? I think NOT

In dec 2008 --16 MONTHS AGO, I DID say re Jones in reference to the first set of charges and the info release pertaining to THEM
I am fully satisfied of the need for "all that fundraising" and I am fully satisfied that he is being honest
gee I wonder if Mr Puhule used this same strategy when he was still pleading court cases: accusations based on statements made re: different circumstances to wrongly attribute to current circumstances??? or is this a new strategy borne out of malice??
I mean, geez, Finette...what does that have to do with anything?
wow Mr Puhule, did I actually find something you arent an expert in, something you actually have no grasp of???

well, Kaumaha au nou, but I wont bother repeating why "anyone" would or should care about meetings scheduled and hidden agendas and the very much inter relatedness of "announcements' timing " meant to smokescreen---whoosh- lost gliding over the over-waxed surfboard maybe.

care, dont care--but certainly, no one has the right to question MY right to discuss it

mahalo
( youre not the only one who spent time in Hawaii and maintains friendships there)

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 8 Apr 2010 2:00

"Fin24":

care, dont care--but certainly, no one has the right to question MY right to discuss it
Well, I really didn't question your right to discuss it, Ku'uipo (sweetheart)...I was questioning the relevancy of what you were saying...to anything. Anything at all. I was just trying to figure out what the (bleep) you are talking about.

But certainly trying (in vain) to figure out how this conflict of meetings thing (that you seem to perceive) somehow bears on the subject at hand, the Jones defense fund and what potential donORS were told about it.

I think it is entirely possible that there may be only one person who sees a connection there. I did notice that you posted it elsewhere, here...the same theory. I did bother to read that. In fact, I would guess that at least five of the views there are me reading it and re-reading it, trying to figure out what in God's name you think you are talking about. The meetings are scheduled about ten days apart. Plenty of time to go home and get a change of socks and underwear. No problem.

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... f=7&t=2954

I don't see any connection whatever. And I don't see any particular issue or problem with ILADS and the LDA having meetings close together, either. Sounds like no big deal to me. You didn't try to piggy-back your newest pet conspiracy theory onto this thread because no one wanted to talk about it there, did you? What did Tincup do wrong, now?
mahalo
( youre not the only one who spent time in Hawaii and maintains friendships there).
That's nice. It's not a competitive sport. I haven't been in about ten years. I just dream about it. A lot. It helps. And talking about it is nice, too...it's a form of therapy. I hope that it helps others, too. I think that I was very, very lucky to have been able to go. In that sense, yes, I consider myself to have been, indeed, very "privileged" to have been able to visit the islands.

I, perhaps, misunderstood that remark and interpreted it as an intended inference of class, social status. Probably misunderstood, as I am not used to hearing the word "class" together with my name (trust me on that one), or even thinking of it that way, myself, you see... but glad to hear that you have been able to go, also, anyway. Happy for anyone who manages to go.

Then you must know what a blowhole is?

You know, they just spout and spout...and spout...I mean, it just blows...reminds me of something...can't think what...maybe it is a who I am thinking of?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhIeswql ... re=related

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Thu 8 Apr 2010 3:37

My husband had an all expense paid trip to Hawaii for one year when he enlisted in the army.

Then there was some kind of clerical error and he got shipped off to Saigon. Bummer. He's never been quite right since then.
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

LymeH

Post by LymeH » Thu 8 Apr 2010 4:55

Cobwebby wrote:My husband had an all expense paid trip to Hawaii for one year when he enlisted in the army.

Then there was some kind of clerical error and he got shipped off to Saigon. Bummer. He's never been quite right since then.
Cobwebby I am so sorry! Poor guy. That bureaucratic paperwork can be a real pain.

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Thu 8 Apr 2010 5:10

Then there was some kind of clerical error and he got shipped off to Saigon
even tho this is OT to the thread--Im sorry that this happened

unfortunately this has gone on for decades and still happens a LOT--kids hearing recruiters promise the world and travel brochures to exotic places, education in the major subjects that interest them and all sorts of things...then once they sign their papers and their heads are shaved...its all different

I wish I had a dollar for every guy I knew/know that was told "clerical error" after being sent to somewhere different and who had to train in whatever the armed forces branch ordered them to!!

Truth is once those papers are signed you are OWNED by the US armed forces and you lose your rights to complain even.

and they wonder why enlistment is way down??? I dont.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 8 Apr 2010 5:14

"Cobwebby" My husband had an all expense paid trip to Hawaii for one year when he enlisted in the army.

Sorry. Those guys had it bad...and then to come home and...well, you know. No one wanted to deal with it. I was too young for Nam. Never got called up.

My Dad was on his way to service in the Pacific during WW II...they stopped in Honolulu...but the captain decided not to grant shore leave. Kept them on the ship the entire time they were docked at Pearl, rearranging cargo.

Knew a guy, though, friend of mine, that was stationed there after Korea. Now, he didn't want to go back. So, I asked, why not, for godssakes...and he says that he is afraid of what it would look now...that it wouldn't be as nice as the way he remembered, that it would have changed too much. So, I say to him, maybe...but the mountains, the ocean, it's all still there. He and his bride were newlyweds there. After Korea.

Anyway, he decided to go. And they had a wonderful time and relived a lot of memories together. He passed away not long after that.

Never too late...

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Thu 8 Apr 2010 5:15

then you must know what a blowhole is?
why of course I DO....dear. Its hard not to, under the circumstances...but some blowholes still compel us to stand by and watch them, fascinated by the never ending spouting...kinda like the pics I have of Halona---and now the mental pics of one in midwestern US one, too
:lol:

edited to add

just noticed this comment re: my mentioning my Hawaii history, that Mr Puhule wasnt in an exclusive club--not as a competition --just as a "me, too"; and yet I guess with his mindset it was nonetheless taken as a vacuum in need of a chastise.
That's nice. It's not a competitive sport.
I didnt realize Halona had such real competition!!! Impressive!!!!