The TwiLyme Zone

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
Spanky

Re: The TwiLyme Zone

Post by Spanky » Thu 8 Apr 2010 5:42

"Fin24"]
Spanky: then you must know what a blowhole is?
Finette:
why of course I DO....dear. Its hard not to, under the circumstances...but some blowholes still compel us to stand by and watch them, fascinated by the never ending spouting...kinda like the pics I have of Halona---and now the mental pics of one in midwestern US one, too
:lol:
Aw, geez, Finette. Now, that is sort of disappointing. Just taking my own material and adopting it yourself? Can't you do better than that?

C'mon...get with the program here...let's see what you got. Lame. Try harder. As the Beatles were told, mach Schau, mach Schau.
just noticed this comment re: my mentioning my Hawaii history, that Mr Puhule wasnt in an exclusive club--not as a competition --just as a "me, too"; and yet I guess with his mindset it was nonetheless taken as a vacuum in need of a chastise.

Okay...now take that, for instance. I say in response to that:

"well I figured you must have gone at least once...after all, somebody had to pose for those statues".

You see? Put some creativity into it...you don't get any points for blatantly stealing my stuff. Glad you like it, though.

But seriously, Finette, may I ask why you are here? I mean we have read your opinions of this board, the admin, me, our taste in humor...why are you here? Are you trying to cause even more trouble? I'm serious, now. I would like to know. I mean, what kind of a reception do you expect?

PS. Have NO idea what you mean about a "blowhole" in the Midwest. I live in Philly, didn't you hear?
Attachments
ku.jpg
ku.jpg (22.07 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Thu 8 Apr 2010 6:51

since you asked so sweetly
But seriously, Finette, may I ask why you are here? I mean we have read your opinions of this board, the admin, me, our taste in humor...why are you here? Are you trying to cause even more trouble? I'm serious, now. I would like to know. I mean, what kind of a reception do you expect?
Ill reply
"right back at ya sweetheart" and I wonder HOW it is you assume that "me, admin and our sense of humor" is what all here want to embrace??? perhaps many simply put up with you et al and perhaps your "style" is part of the reason this place has become a ghost town of a few regular posters and no more.I didnt see any mass immigration into here the few times there were several week periods that I wasnt around!

as far as admin--while his personal dislike for me is well voiced, he nonetheless behaves with decorum and allows me( and all of us) our say without the ridicule and bashing you employ.IF he wanted me to leave he wouldve had banned me permanently, or asked me to go. My posts must have SOME redeeming content such as my science analyses and the articles I do post. And there is the shared suspicion of the same groups/leaders. But again I dont wish to try and read admin's mind as youve done too many times.

I offer some of the responses to MY posts from those who disagree with YOU and this is in fact the reception I DO get and maybe adds explanation to why admin "puts up with me" and allows me to stay:
by Tighidden » Wed 10 Mar 2010 3:45

Thanks a lot fin.
: The TwiLyme Zone
by LymeHystorian » Tue 6 Apr 2010 13:13
I agree.
Virginian Pilot Article & Comments
by LymeHystorian » Wed 3 Mar 2010 6:16
I agree....
Good NIght -- I did enjoy the conversation! Thank you.

[ AND long time member Yvonne--one of many-- sends me greetings regularly here and in private email]

Ill leave you to find the rest--as you would say "I rest my case"

and fwiw for future reference I do not response at all to orders, let alone in German when not used by a German national in a friendly, conversational way and instead when it is used in a snide, snarky,furtive way.
As the Beatles were told, mach Schau, mach Schau.
But thanks for trying!!

as for your rating my repartee--
Can't you do better than that?
I was simply EXPLAINING what I meant by referencing Hawaii-- I was NOT attempting a battle of wits, for that Id need an armed opponent!!
PS. Have NO idea what you mean about a "blowhole" in the Midwest. I live in Philly, didn't you hear
Gee I thought you said you originated from Chicago area and was a proud midwesterner-- and if it is true that you are now right over the border from NJ now--~~shudder~~~we WILL have to DO something about those unmonitored bridges after all GASP, ;)

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 8 Apr 2010 7:23

Fin24

Ill reply
"right back at ya sweetheart" and I wonder HOW it is you assume that "me, admin and our sense of humor" is what all here want to embrace???

Well, no, dear. What I am talking about, of course, is the things you and your partner say about this board, the Admin, me, others here, all the disgusting names you call us on another forum that YOU control...

...and then you waltz in here just like nothing happened.

And I am asking what type of reception do you expect when you call me a "eunich"? And call our postings here "Nazi"? You understand that you're responsible for that, right?

Oh...and that stuff about my personal and professional life, too? Yes, nice touch, that. What gives you the right? And what did I ever do to you except complain about being called some really offensive names? You did admit to trying to bait me into a confrontation, remember?

And you do recall, do you not, that YOU started this? And that YOU admit that...and yet refuse to apologize for it. And almost comically, now...your justification for that incident was to protect Dr. Jones. And yet, now...you accuse him of possible unethical and profesional misconduct.

Truthfully, now, do you even keep track of what it is that you say?

Are we supposed to just ignore that? Please, tell us. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to hear the answer.
and fwiw for future reference I do not response at all to orders, let alone in German when not used by a German national in a friendly, conversational way and instead when it is used in a snide, snarky,furtive way.
As the Beatles were told, mach Schau, mach Schau.
Oh geeeez...Good Lord. ROFL. Holy sheeps**t. You're kidding, right? For real?

It means to "make show"...put on a show. Be entertaining. Wow. You don't like the German language? It's a cultural reference to the BEATLES, hon. And it wasn't an "order", for cryin' out loud...
One term you'll see thrown around here is "mach schau." Fans of the Beatles will remember that German rock and rollers would frequently shout this admonition to "make show!" at the boys during their marathon, pill-and-booze fueled performances at the Star Club in Hamburg, to get them to work harder to entertain the audience.
What I was saying is that your miserable excuse for snappy rejoinder was coming up considerably short of the target. Look, kick it up a notch, for godssakes. If all you can do is swipe my stuff and say 'so are you'...maybe you should go home with your tail between your legs, have yourself a good b***hy hissy-fit and shout into that locked broom closet you girls have there. There must be some names you haven't used, yet.

Sounds like good advice, don't you think? :D

And as for this:
...I was NOT attempting a battle of wits, for that Id need an armed opponent!!
(Shaking head) Again...no. Not even close. Embarrassing. Go away and come back tomorrow with your 'A' game. That is just...well, sad. I would like to say, "nice try", but I just can't...not with a straight face.

PS. 'E-U-N-U-C-H', hon, not "eunich". And did you know that if you hold down the shift key, you can make capital letters to start sentences just like everyone else? Try some punctuation for a change.

You're welcome.

Yvonne

Post by Yvonne » Thu 8 Apr 2010 9:41

Fin24 wrote:
AND long time member Yvonne--one of many-- sends me greetings regularly here and in private email

I have had it up to here that you mention my name like we are close friends. We aren't !

Nobody is just my friend.

And yes, we have emailed and then came mostly the mail from you if you were banned again or had something about other forum members.

And I sent you a card with best wishes because it went so bad with yourself and your son .
And I really find that awful

But that kind of things I do to to several people, including greetings, because I sympathize with the people

And if we have such a good mail contact as you suggest then why in several topics to add: I hope it goes well with your family.

You would know then!

And to be clear: in most topics I agree more frequently with Spanky than with you

But such conversations as in this topic again I hate it and I do not want to be involved.

I do not like and I think that it is the reason people stay away here !

Yvonne
Listen to all,
plucking a feather from every passing goose,
but follow no one absolutely

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Thu 8 Apr 2010 15:31

SNAP !
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

LymeH

Post by LymeH » Thu 8 Apr 2010 16:16

Yvonne wrote:But such conversations as in this topic again I hate it and I do not want to be involved.

I do not like and I think that it is the reason people stay away here !
Go Yvonne! Well said.

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Thu 8 Apr 2010 20:46

Yvonne

I will not be drawn into such a conversation with you here and have sent you a PM. But please know that in MY country we do not initiate PERSONAL contact with acquaintances and go out of our way to make that contact away from where we interact UNLESS we are "friends".

for example if we are nice to people at school meetings we ONLY will then have PERSONAL contact outside of that situation if we are "friends" too.AND we can disagree with friends and still be friends

I really dont understand you saying that we arent "friends" just because you dont allways agree with me--and, so?? Do you just say "friend" about ONLY the people you DO always agree with?? I dont

Im sorry if you do not have the same definition of friend and Im sorry that I MISTAKENLY assumed you were my friend--after YOU initiated personal contact --Be assured I will not make that mistake any more!!

oh and maybe it is a language misunderstanding BUT when I say " I hope it goes well with you" its the same as " we havent spoken in awhile I hope things are okay with you and your family"

FYI I do NOT do that with everyone or with just anyone or with work colleagues or with ACQUAINTANCES--I do that when I presume we have a "friendship" and when I CARE about saying that.

LH and I have had many an interesting and enjoyable conversation here and I do not consider us "friends". I mentioned her to show that others do have conversations with me that others do not find "useless" or "negative"

I find it very ODD that YOU, Yvonne say that "this" is why people dont come here--when there were MANY weeks I was NOT here--HOW MANY MORE MEMBERS POSTED HERE????

and I also find it odd that YOU did not say "I do not like when you and Spanky and anyone else gets into these disagreements"-- in YOUR country IS a man allowed free reign of being a jerk without being called on it or allowed to say things without challenge??? HERE we are taught to stick up for ourselves and say what we think

IF you and others do not like for anyone to ANSWER the Spank in such a way that makes you uncomfortable then maybe you ought to ask him to not POST that way either!! You think its "cute" for him and yet when he is challenged, you all go " ooohh noooo, this is too negative"

just like the teacher blaming the laughing kids and NOT the class clown that is to blame!!

Yvonne--I wish you and your family well--but, for the last time!!! you made your feelings quite clear even though your ACTIONS did not.and while I do not EVER wish you harm or ill will--I will no longer care enough to wish you anything.

we will simply be 2 posters, on the same web site ,sometimes talking about the same articles and opinions
I can more than live with that!!!

I am VERY sorry for your mixed messages making me confused!!!! and Im VERY sorry to have MISTAKENLY thought that ALL of your personal contact was from caring and friendship!!!

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Thu 8 Apr 2010 20:58

What I am talking about, of course, is the things you and your partner say about this board, the Admin, me, others here, all the disgusting names you call us on another forum that YOU control...
youve been INVITED there to have your say---several times--last I checked you arent on the member list

Im sorry you feel frustrated that there is a venue you cannot control.
and IF thats what youre talking about, it certainly wasnt clear at all

as for responsibility--just how much do YOU ever take for stalking posts and inciting others(not just me) or for ADMITTING to berating Cobweb but YOU have yet to really APOLOGIZE for that sorry and undeserved ranting?? and you even got HER to feel sorry for "making" you do that. good work!!

Spanky
I consider myself to have been, indeed, very "privileged" to have been able to visit the islands.

I, perhaps, misunderstood that remark and interpreted it as an intended inference of class, social status. [/b]Probably misunderstood, as I am not used to hearing the word "class" together with my name (trust me on that one), or even thinking of it that way, myself, you see

perhaps probably an APOLOGY was in order, then?? for the missed understanding?

but instead we had this from Cobs:
My post has bothered me all day and I couldn't wait to get back to the computer. I hate the sound of my own violin-so I can just imagine how offensive it must be for others. Sorry I struck the wrong chord
and this
I'm thinking that I don't really belong on line-I seemed to have angered you to your wit's end...snip.. perhaps the problem lies with me. SIGH

and yet harmony STILL was not restored:
SPANKY
Well, you were talking about MY LIFE there, Cobby. And I dunno where you got your info...but I really don't think you know me well enough to make a generalization about my "privileged" circumstances. And If I want your opinion about my circumstances...I will certainly ask. Did you notice that I didn't ask?

and INSTEAD of an apology for berating her for her opinions that to HER being able to even get to Hawaii is privileged,no matter the struggles of one's prior life, we have this from Spank
Let's forget about, it, 'kay? I already have.
HE is FORGIVING HER??????????

and NO ONE ELSE sees this???????? well then, allow me to join all and say, how magnanimous of him!!
and then Yvonne THANKS him and totally sidesteps his awful just previous behavior and wresting control over Cobs--maybe to her this is SOP for men--acceptable. not to me.

sigh...it must be so hard to want to be in control of others and then GET them to apologize for YOUR misunderstanding, and then assume everyone else will also , and yet be unable, isnt it?? even going so far as to comment about punctuation or lack of it
Spank:
And did you know that if you hold down the shift key, you can make capital letters to start sentences just like everyone else? Try some punctuation for a change. You're welcome.

e.e.cummings never had complaints

as for this
And what did I ever do to you except complain about being called some really offensive names?

my compliments--youve honed the art of playing the victim quite well and I will not bother wasting time or energy even responding , nor to the rest of it either. that river in egypt comes in handy a lot it seems.and not just for the Spanking Spank
Last edited by Fin24 on Thu 8 Apr 2010 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 8 Apr 2010 21:08

"Fin24
youve been INVITED there to have your say---several times--last I checked you arent on the member list
I don't want ANY part of that. That's not the point. You can't say the things you say there and then just pretend that we can't see them.

And you girls need to be careful with that word "Nazi". That's not nice.
as for responsibility-- for ADMITTING to berating Cobweb but YOU have yet to really APOLOGIZE for that sorry and undeserved ranting??
No, you're WRONG about that.

I DID apologize to her. Just off-board. You want a public apology? Okay, fine.

Cobby, I am sorry about that...what I said. I took it the wrong way. And because I worked so hard to get where I WAS. It touched a nerve...and I over-reacted. I am sorry if what I said caused you any hurt feelings or discomfort. I realize now that your intent was not to hurt my feelings.

Please accept my apology.

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Thu 8 Apr 2010 21:19

You want a public apology? Okay, fine.

Cobby, I am sorry about that...what I said. I took it the wrong way. And because I worked so hard to get where I WAS. It touched a nerve...and I over-reacted. I am sorry if what I said caused you any hurt feelings or discomfort. I realize now that your intent was not to hurt my feelings.

Please accept my apology.
thank you for that, as hard as it was for you!!! well written and well said!!!!