LLMD--is it worth it? Cost/benefit of Lyme treatment?

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
Spanky

Re: LLMD--is it worth it? Cost/benefit of Lyme treatment?

Post by Spanky » Sat 21 Aug 2010 20:08

Cobwebby:

So really -it is up to you, Spanky- The real question only you can answer for yourself is Are you done?
Cobby...I really do NOT think that if people are kind enough and willing to talk to you and answer your questions and even put aside your previous insults...post after post after post...that this somehow now provides you with some sort of excuse for now calling them childish names.

And if anyone wants to maintain that you were somehow provoked into this type of behavior, then I think that they need to provide specific details and examples of that.

Are you deliberately trying to disrupt this forum?

Since no apology was forthccoming, again, both posts ("Pontiff", "Artful Dodger") have been reported.

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Sun 22 Aug 2010 0:05

You must have missed the main point of this post. I have highlighted it for better viewing in case your right eye is bothering you again.

Cobwebby wrote:
Spanky wrote:[

Now...I hope we are done?
I do believe this thread was brought to an end for you on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 with the words "Bye Spanky"

Blissful silence for two days UNTIL you resurrected it on Thursday, August 12, 2010.
:bonk:

I would like to point out again- that even though the OP wants to stop does not mean everyone has to stop.

So really -it is up to you, Spanky- The real question only you can answer for yourself is Are you done?

Others can decide for themselves when they are done. You do not own this topic just because you started it.
Something to think about .
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Sun 22 Aug 2010 0:14

Cobwebby":

You must have missed the main point of this post. I have highlighted it for better viewing in case your right eye is bothering you again.
I didn't miss the point at all.

You were involved in the discussion.

You are clearly breaking forum rules.

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Sun 22 Aug 2010 0:26

Just for the fun of it Spanky- pretend you are on the witness stand.

Yes or No, Mr. Spanky, are you responsible for resurrecting this thread on August 12, 2010?

edited to correct one mispelling ,probably for another mispelling.
Martha Washington

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Sun 22 Aug 2010 0:42

"Cobwebby":

Just for the fun of it Spanky- pretend you are on the witness stand.
No.

You have clearly broKen forum rules three times in this thread.

I was willing to put the first one aside and overlook it (even though it was, in my opinion, unconscionable to mock another Lyme patient's inability to get treatment)...and I am repaid with even more insults.

I have asked the Admin to take action.

No need to discuss it further.

minitails2

Post by minitails2 » Sun 22 Aug 2010 1:20

Spanky wrote:
The question involves the reason for extended iv usage. What is the rationale for extending it beyond several months?

It requires the proponents of that practice to offer some justification for that. Do you really not understand this?
I've read this thread and I understand this thread and I understand the English language. I also think there's a parallel between your claim that an "expert" in law is needed for certain topics and my claim that if that is true, then an "expert" in medicine is needed for some threads.

At one point in this thread, you said it didn't matter what Cobby said about why she had 8 months of IV (or something like that) but it was up to a doctor to answer that question (again, something like that). In addition, a doctor that prescribes extended IV would seem to be a proponent of that practice.

Anyway Spanky, enough of this thread for me. Let me repeat that I hope you finish getting well and are able to step all the way back into life. I wish this for myself as well.

Mini

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Sun 22 Aug 2010 1:49

"minitails2";

At one point in this thread, you said it didn't matter what Cobby said about why she had 8 months of IV (or something like that) but it was up to a doctor to answer that question (again, something like that). In addition, a doctor that prescribes extended IV would seem to be a proponent of that practice.
Yes, Mins.

See, that's the very QUESTION.

An iv is typically used, short term to get the antibiotics level up quickly in situations where the patient may be in danger. Now repeating this for the hundreth time in this thread...easily. (In Lyme where there are caridac or neuro complications according to IDSA).

So...as Martian's question implies...even if you needed to get the antibiotics in quickly...what is the rationale for continuing for months and months as is sometimes reported being done by these LLMDs...and Cobby, herself, verifies? (I can supply other similar accounts from online reports).

It is a QUESTION. And this is what Cobby just couldn't seem to grasp. Over and over and over again...until I am almost pounding my head against the wall...she kept telling me why SHE thought she should have one. Not asking that. Wanted to know why the doctors prescribed it. What's the medical necessity for it? And I feel as though I very patiently tried to explain it...then somehow windup getting blamed for badgering poor Cobby into insulting me. Gawd. Go back and read the damn thread.

Simple QUESTION. No answer expected. Don't KNOW. Would like to know. Not a confrontational deal, at all.

Not "pontificating", either.

Don't know what the answer is.

But in ten years of observing Lymeland...I don't think I've ever heard an explanation, either...and those MDs whether LLMD or not...NEED to have a valid reason for this.

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Sun 22 Aug 2010 3:15

Spanky said:
"It is a QUESTION. And this is what Cobby just couldn't seem to grasp. Over and over and over again...until I am almost pounding my head against the wall...she kept telling me why SHE thought she should have one. Not asking that. Wanted to know why the doctors prescribed it. What's the medical necessity for it? And I feel as though I very patiently tried to explain it...then somehow windup getting blamed for badgering poor Cobby into insulting me. Gawd. Go back and read the damn thread.

Simple QUESTION. No answer expected. "

No answer expected? Then why are you so irritated with me? I'm not a doctor.

Sorry, I was just trying to shed some light from the patient's side of treatment.

But Mini is right. You will have to ask a doctor that question-if and when you do expect an answer.

Now I grasp it- you are asking questions that no one here is qualified to answer, certainly not me, so I will shut my mouth. (Ahhh-is that a collective sigh of relief I hear in the background!)
Martha Washington