Do IDSA say that it is still late Lyme disease?

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
X-member

Do IDSA say that it is still late Lyme disease?

Post by X-member » Sun 8 Apr 2012 18:55

It has been a long discussion about the quote from IDSA below, and since the discussion about this make it hard for me to say, what I actually want to say (in some other topics) I move this quote to a new topic:

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/bugdrug/antib ... lyme06.pdf
Some have classified untreated and treated patients with objective evidence of late Lyme disease, such as arthritis or encephalopathy, as having chronic Lyme disease, instead of using the preferred terminology of late Lyme disease.
What do IDSA say?

I can link to all the answers from Spanky, and CO about this. But this will have to be later, since I now have other things to do.

X-member

Re: Do IDSA say that it is still late Lyme disease?

Post by X-member » Sun 8 Apr 2012 21:20

How I read the quote from IDSA (in the post above):

1: IDSA say that late Lyme disease (before treatment) is the same thing as an uncured late Lyme disease (after treatment). The same defintion, late Lyme disease is then used.

2: IDSA also say, that the definition chronic Lyme disease have been used (by some) for late Lyme disease, but IDSA prefer that the terminology late Lyme disease is used instead (when it is an uncured infection both before and after treatment).

CO agree with what I claim in the first part (1) in the text above.

But CO don't agree (I think) on that IDSA say that chronic Lyme disease is the same thing as late Lyme disease (2).

Spanky, say (I hope I understand it right, Spanky) that IDSA say that chronic Lyme disease is the same thing as late Lyme disease, and that IDSA's only purpose (with this quote) was to recommend that the terminology late Lyme disease to be used instead of chronic Lyme disease. But Spanky also pointed out that this quote don't prove that it can be an uncured infection after treatment.

And then I pointed out that late Lyme disease is a defintion that ONLY can be used for an uncured infection.

But, then Spanky said a lot of things that make no sense to me.

And then Spanky had a lot to say about what CO have said.

So, I moved this quote to a new topic, because I have other things to talk about in the other topics.
Last edited by X-member on Mon 9 Apr 2012 23:12, edited 3 times in total.

X-member

Post by X-member » Sun 8 Apr 2012 21:37

I have (if I understand the answers from both Spanky and CO right) already got the answer (s) I asked for.

And, if it is something that CO have said, that Spanky don't agree on (or vice versa), now you have your own topic to discuss this in.

And if I am wrong about something that CO and/or Spanky have said or tried to say, you can correct me (in this topic). ;)

X-member

Post by X-member » Sun 8 Apr 2012 22:04

I wrote (in the first post):
I can link to all the answers from Spanky, and CO about this. But this will have to be later, since I now have other things to do.
I think it is better if CO and/or Spanky do this, if they want to.

It was so darn (sorry) many posts, and maybe one or two are enough?

Bagge

Post by Bagge » Sun 8 Apr 2012 22:15

Carina wrote:Do IDSA say that it is still late Lyme disease?

The answer to your question is in Chapter 5, Halperin "Lyme Disease: An Evidence-based Approach"

See related topics here and here.

, or you can read with understanding the posts made by Spanky.

X-member

Post by X-member » Sun 8 Apr 2012 22:21

Thank you Bagge, but do everyone really have to purchase a book to understand what IDSA say in their guidelines?

Bagge

Post by Bagge » Sun 8 Apr 2012 22:41

Carina wrote:Thank you Bagge, but do everyone really have to purchase a book to understand what IDSA say in their guidelines?

No, everyone does not have to purchase a book to understand what the IDSA recommends. The easiest thing is to go to a reputable infectious disease physician.

In any case, there were two options listed for you in the above post. You chose to completely ignore one of them and only focus on the fact that you do not want to purchase a book that would provide you with a detailed, yet concise answer to your many questions. These were the two options:

Option 1: Buy the book and read it with understanding.

Option 2: Read what Spanky has posted to you many times over, and over with super-human patience, and persistence beyond what any spirochete could ever attain.

If you choose option 1, you have to purchase the book.

If you choose option 2, it is free. The information is already here at your fingertips for you to read (and re-read) at your leisure. Sometimes people have to read things many times before they are able to understand them. Perhaps this is a good example of why people without the appropriate qualifications, education and experience should not be trying to interpret such information that is clearly outside their area of expertise, unless you are intentionally trying to disrupt and spam this forum.

X-member

Post by X-member » Sun 8 Apr 2012 22:55

This topic is about what IDSA, say.

And, maybe I understand Spanky right? I have written what I think he say in an earlier post.

I am not talking about any treatment at all (if it still is an uncured infection after treatment), only what IDSA say in the quote.

Bagge

Post by Bagge » Sun 8 Apr 2012 23:09

Carina wrote:This topic is about what IDSA, say.

And, maybe I understand Spanky right? I have written what I think he say in an earlier post.

I am not talking about any treatment at all (if it still is an uncured infection after treatment), only what IDSA say in the quote.
Bagge wrote:.
Carina wrote:Do IDSA say that it is still late Lyme disease?

The answer to your question is in Chapter 5, Halperin "Lyme Disease: An Evidence-based Approach"

See related topics here and here.

, or you can read with understanding the posts made by Spanky.
The information you have requested has been repeatedly explained and otherwise made available to you.

X-member

Post by X-member » Sun 8 Apr 2012 23:20

Bagge:
unless you are intentionally trying to disrupt and spam this forum.

The problem in this forum, is that people with European late Lyme disease, are not given the correct info, from (some) members who are from US (or claim that they are from US).

This give us problems in our contacts with our European physicians.

So, I am here to help those European people.