Old Relative Risk Site Under New Management

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
Camp Other

Post by Camp Other » Sat 6 Sep 2014 4:49

I decided that I need a second blog to make short posts which are more focused and possibly text-centric.

And I decided to put Relative Risk's old web address to new purpose, because I figure I will already be picking up a blog within a blog site I'm already familiar with, and know how to use the tools after all this time.

Plus, hey, I might get a wider variety of traffic this way.

So, from my perspective, it makes completely logical sense.

And besides, RR isn't using it any more, so why not?

Welcome to The Other Camp:

http://relative-risk.blogspot.com/

Coming soon...

velvetmagnetta

Re: Old Relative Risk Site Under New Management

Post by velvetmagnetta » Sat 6 Sep 2014 13:08

I knew I liked you! ;)

Thanks to you, I am having an awesome day now!

hv808ct

Post by hv808ct » Sat 6 Sep 2014 14:46

And I decided to put Relative Risk's old web address to new purpose, because I figure I will already be picking up a blog within a blog site I'm already familiar with, and know how to use the tools after all this time.
Sounds confusing to me. And probably to RR. And eventual readers. Why not pick your own epi term?

http://rel-risk.blogspot.com/

This is a continuation of an earlier blog also called "Relative Risk," which was closed down some months ago in order to deal with jobs, travel, and some serious writing that needed to get done. So here's RR 2.0 picking up right where things left off--Jones begging for money, activists claiming proof of that Andromeda-like entity, chronic Lyme disease, and the re-release of the Lyme Conspiracy propaganda film, "Under Our Skin". It's not like I missed anything while RR was shut down.

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/sear ... mit=Search

Camp Other

Post by Camp Other » Sat 6 Sep 2014 17:23

hv808ct wrote:

Sounds confusing to me. And probably to RR. And eventual readers. Why not pick your own epi term?
Oh, it's quite logical hv808ct:

1) It was already an available url through the Blogger service, and I'm familiar with how to use Blogger, so adding a new site to my repertoire was easier than if I'd used other blog services where I'd have to struggle with how to set it up, add widgets, etc.

2) RR's old site still links to links around the web, a number of them from Lyme disease patients who are aghast at what he said about them as well as people who support a number of things he said and those skeptical about chronic Lyme. What better way to have at least some traffic from both sides of the debate already show up to my site on occasion?

3) This site is not quite intended to be my "annex", but will be for short form posts including on other infectious diseases and immunology and not so Lyme disease centric, anyway. My goal is to see if I can motivate myself to write shorter posts focused more on science and research, and see where that gets me because I have not been able to write much lately. I will likely continue my original blog for long form posts and for posts which are more specific to Lyme disease patients who also want to look at research.
hv808ct wrote:
http://rel-risk.blogspot.com/

This is a continuation of an earlier blog also called "Relative Risk," which was closed down some months ago in order to deal with jobs, travel, and some serious writing that needed to get done. So here's RR 2.0 picking up right where things left off--Jones begging for money, activists claiming proof of that Andromeda-like entity, chronic Lyme disease, and the re-release of the Lyme Conspiracy propaganda film, "Under Our Skin". It's not like I missed anything while RR was shut down.

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/sear ... mit=Search
Ah, thanks for the new link to RR's site. I tried to Google it, but it doesn't show up, and for some reason I couldn't immediately find it here using search terms here on LNE.

LHCTom

Post by LHCTom » Tue 14 Oct 2014 19:44

Good job CO

Wouldn't it be marvelous if RR's secret persona was exposed and became a story like "Elena Cook". They are like two peas in a pod... one crazy and the other sadistic and evil.
This is a place to examine, question, and yes, ridicule the beliefs and practices of the Lyme Disease Movement and the larger Anti-Science counterculture from which it emerged.
Only a sadist would mock and ridicule people who are ill and do that under a secret persona and "pretend" it has something to do with anti-science. In my experience, many who are ill with Lyme and in the Lyme Movement are brighter and have more scientific minds than RR and certainly more imagination. Of course both sides have their unfortunate fringe elements like RR and Elena....

RR represents the Anti-Science counterculture on the IDSA side. Any proper and honest scientist enjoys and encourages free ideas and thinking. But RR is grossly anti-science and not only prohibits anything that contradicts RR Blog writings but edits comments to make it appear they agree. RR is obviously clever and educated but is missing most of normal humanity.

It truly sad what happens to some humans.
The greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism.

Attributed to William Osler, 1902

LHCTom

Post by LHCTom » Wed 15 Oct 2014 18:33

“RR…not only prohibits anything that contradicts RR Blog writings but edits comments to make it appear they agree.” A dissatisfied comment writer
Yes you do. Maybe you are getting a little Lyme criticism Dementia? Just a little :bonk:
Interesting. I don’t recall editing anyone’s comments to change their meaning. I sometimes do decline to post comments because they are 1) too nutty, 2) too abusive [After all, I’m not a masochist.], 3) not relevant, or 4) so long the commenter should get his/her own blog.
You have simply declined to post anything that offered a legitimate position or even evidence that contradicted your beliefs. But now I see why. You tell yourself - "its too long and meaningful" :bonk: "its not relevant to my beliefs" :bonk: or anything that disagrees with your beliefs is "nutty". I don't think you should post comments that are abusive. I would say you are admitting to anti-science techniques. And yes you have edited and taken pieces of comments that altered the overall context so it sounds like it fits your dogma. You remind me a little of the Climate Change deniers. That's some of their strategy for defending their views but I'm still trying to understand what drives you. Is it like a hate crime? You put a lot of work into trying to ridicule those who need help.

So sad
The greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism.

Attributed to William Osler, 1902