"Chronic Lyme is post-sepsis syndrome" ?

For everything that is related to Lyme and/or Lymeland, but doesn't fit in the other forums. Speak your mind, connect, ask help, etc.
X-member

Re: "Chronic Lyme is post-sepsis syndrome" ?

Post by X-member » Mon 2 Nov 2015 19:57

I wrote earlier in this thread:
So, the "chronic Lyme" that she/they talk about do not include (if I understand it correct) arthritis and ACA.

This US woman must have "invented" a new variant of "chronic Lyme" that I have never heard of before.
http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... =30#p43232

But do people really understand what the US woman talk about?

A friend to the Norwegian "supporter" wrote this (from an earlier post in this thread):
This is worth considering. Long-term Lyme Disease could be redefined as Post-Sepsis Syndrome.
For details on the accusations and evidence -of potential fraud on the vaccine and in general on Lyme Disease - see http://www.actionlyme.com
Chronic Lyme borreliosis (ie long-term Lyme disease) actually includes both arthritis and ACA.

duncan

Post by duncan » Mon 2 Nov 2015 20:53

She is trying to bring together a few discreet ideas, and I'm not sure she pulls it off.

X-member

Post by X-member » Tue 3 Nov 2015 15:55

Perhaps this also belong in this thread?

Eivind's fight for proper Lyme treatment

http://on-lyme.org/en/blog/item/121-eiv ... -treatment

A quote:
"I was diagnosed with ALS back in 2001 despite the fact that I had an Erythema Migrans rash. My symptoms started right after a tick bite. I insisted to my GP that it could be Lyme Disease, but I was denied any kind of treatment. In 2003 my wife and I traveled from Norway to USA to see dr. Burrascano. In his office I tested positive for Lyme in a Igenex western blot IgM/IgG. These tests were also positive after CDC criteria. My cd57 was decreased and I tested positive for Epstein Barr virus. Dr. Burrascano put me on aggressive antibiotics. The progression of the disease stopped! Yet the Norwegian health authorities still don't believe in Lyme. Not then and not now.
Edit to add:

I posted the quote above because the US woman have said this (from an earlier post in this thread):
We need to stop talking about the fabricated IDSA v. ILADS battle that continues to be nothing but a distraction, and focus on what the disease is. It's not about "persisters" that must be killed continuously with antibiotics. We know that Lyme is a permanent brain infection. It's not about biofilms. We know that spirochetes do not cluster in vivo. It's about the immunosuppression that even the crooks themselves are admitting now. It's about the reactivated herpesviruses....

X-member

Post by X-member » Wed 4 Nov 2015 17:52

I wrote earlier:
This US woman must have "invented" a new variant of "chronic Lyme" that I have never heard of before.
I think she/they talk about this:

A translated quote from the Swedish link below:
Regarding post-Lyme disease syndrome (PLDS) the publications agree that it is a post-infectious condition, without objective signs of infection after treatment for NB.
http://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/page ... 101-28.pdf

X-member

Post by X-member » Wed 4 Nov 2015 18:10

I tried (the other day) to inform the Norwegian "supporter" that chronic Lyme borreliosis stands for stage 3 in Norway.

His reply to me (translated by me):
For me you can define chronic Lyme borreliosis just as you like. As long as the definitions are based on forgeries they have NO value.
I think it is better that he discuss this with the physicians (or whoever it is that is responsible) in Norway. ;)

Edit to add:

I also told him that it isn't me that have "invented" the Norwegian (and Swedish) definition of chronic Lyme borreliosis.

duncan

Post by duncan » Wed 4 Nov 2015 18:24

Of course PLDS - technically now PTLDS - can have objective signs of infection, even in NB cases. That poster seems clueless.

Forgeries? Cool word. Not sure how accurate it is, though. Would need to see the context.

Interesting to note that for ME/CFS patients, the prevailing theory of a combined neurologic and immune dysfunction syndrome is NOT one of immunosuppession, but rather a kind of immune hyperactivity.

X-member

Post by X-member » Wed 4 Nov 2015 18:34

The Norwegian (and Swedish) definition of chronic Lyme borreliosis: An active borrelia infection (no matter if it is a neuroborreliosis or not) for more than 6 months.

How can this be a: "forgery" ? ;)

X-member

Post by X-member » Wed 4 Nov 2015 18:37

Duncan wrote (about ME/CFS):
... but rather a kind of immune hyperactivity.
I think so too.

X-member

Post by X-member » Wed 4 Nov 2015 21:55

Perhaps the Norwegian "supporter" meant "falsification" instead?

If I remember correct that is a word that the US woman have used about the US Lyme tests.

Something about this "falsification" is mentioned in the quotes I posted in the thread/post below:

"all patients with “chronic Lyme disease” should be seropositive"

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 926#p43238

But this doesn't matter, the Norwegian (and Swedish) definition of chronic Lyme borreliosis is not based on falsifications. ;)

duncan

Post by duncan » Wed 4 Nov 2015 22:01

To suggest that the current Lyme diagnostic situation is a house of cards holds some merit, as we all know.

But I worry she may be still mixing apples and oranges, with no fruit salad as a result.

And some of the comments are just wrong, e.g. PLDS has no objective signs of infection.