Fortune Telling Disguised as Bashing

Topics with information and discussion about unconventional diagnostic and treatment methods, and unconventional views.
jenbooks

Fortune Telling Disguised as Bashing

Post by jenbooks » Fri 2 Jan 2009 17:07

Cave likes to bash Lymenet Posters for what they MIGHT do, not what they DO. Either this means that in spite of her sensible antibiotic-laden "clear the symptoms don't kill the disease cuz we got this for life' mentality, she is a good woo-woo fortuneteller OR it means that she's hard up for bashing topics and desperate for the adrenaline rush she gets from bashing, so she's making it up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"

* Report this post

Re: Scottish Klinghardt insitute of applied neurobiology‏

Postby cave76 » Fri 2 Jan 2009 11:01
Oh my gawd!!!!! I can't believe it. Yes, I guess I can!!!

GET THE RAID

Now, I guess we'll see Scotty and Gigi sponsoring trips to Scotland---- with fly fishing and golf at an extra price!!

GEESH! I thought the Scottish people were a more sensible type."

AND:

"

* Report this post

Re: CQ and HCQ to face bacterial, fungal and viral infections

Postby cave76 » Sun 28 Dec 2008 10:23
Good preemptive strike!

But you're preaching to the choir here. LOL Post on MDJ or many of the other sites (LNusa is one, of course) that you can change your acid/alkaline balance (without ending up in the hospital) by eating certain foods."

Meanwhile, Cave, have you checked in with Rita about her homeopathic prescribing lately? How's it goin'? :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Happy New Year, all ye good and honorable bashers

hiker53

Re: Fortune Telling Disguised as Bashing

Post by hiker53 » Fri 2 Jan 2009 18:30

Now, I remember why I rarely come here anymore. Can we cut the rudeness out for a change?

Hiker53

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Fri 2 Jan 2009 20:00

This is where I come to be enlightened-and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Besides- Cave doesn't see into the future-she is looking back at past track records. Tetra Turtle is still favored to win over the Hoaxy Hare.
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Fri 2 Jan 2009 23:52

Now, I remember why I rarely come here anymore. Can we cut the rudeness out for a change?

Hiker53
thats a bit unfair my friend!!! especially when you note the source--I mean you see the crap going over at LNUSA and then ms Jenbooks carries some of their brand of junk science HERE and instead of chastising Jenbooks, you make a statement that feels an awful lot like youre commenting about LNE in general

I refer to:
"Now, I remember why I rarely come here anymore"

isnt it more rude for someone who has made it clear that she is here for "trouble" to pop in like that?? and why blame the site in general??

I am surprised, truly---this is a very unexpected lapse for you

as for Jenbboks comment--ludicrous--Cave doesnt need a crystal ball or runes or even tea leaves--just reading the inane replies to posts at not only LNUSA but many many other Lyme sites its apparent how the sheep will be herded

people drinking in and then believeing all sorts of nonsense--no fortuen telling needed--just eyes to watch and a brain to understand--something Cave HAS!!!

and for the record there is no "bashing"--thats very underhanded to hide behind such an accusation--what Cave and others DO is report the obvious and try their very best to get valid info out there--we cant help it if that info runs counter to the marketeers, scammers, and the dense and desperate to believe folks.

its as bad as when kids run to their parents " Mom she is hitting me" ...this time its " Moderator she is bashing me" give me a break

hiker53

Post by hiker53 » Sat 3 Jan 2009 17:29

This site is becoming known for its rudeness and that keeps people away from it. I find that sad, because there is so much good science presented here.

While I do not agree with all of the alternatives promoted or they way they are promoted, some may work for people. I know that laser therapy helped me a ton more than antibiotics and since I can't really take many antibiotics, I am looking for alternatives.

I just don't understand why people have to "name" names and put others down.

Very few people on this board, especially those with co-infections--are well, yet they keep bashing others who are healthier than we are.

If you don't feel an alternative protocol is proper, present the research, the scientific reasons why and leave it at that.

Hiker53

minitails2

Post by minitails2 » Sat 3 Jan 2009 21:55

Hiker,
I can understand your dislike of some of the disagreements. However, disagreements are not bashing.

As far as certain individuals "bashing" others, those individuals generallly go after the big fish, usually those making money off of other lyme patients. They investigate certain individuals, who claim expertise which they do not have, and knowledge of "cures' that mostly come from people advertising, promoting and marketing certain protocols. It is all circular.

Just as I have no knowledge of the particulars of most people on any board, neither do you. You do not know what made people well and if it's simply the remitting phase of lyme in a relapsing-remitting disease. It is possible some people were never sick and it is possible that these people who claim good health are ill. There is no way to know.

Anyone who attempts to be the "authority" or a marketer or profiteer is fair game. When you put yourself above the average lymie, and we all have different ideas about lyme, you make yourself a target. If there was less dishonesty, less flim flam, there would be less to investigate and less indignation.

I hope whatever you're doing continues to help just as I hope the same for myself and everyone else on this board.

minitails2

Post by minitails2 » Sat 3 Jan 2009 22:08

A thoughtful post from Jenbooks/oxybabe:

Regarding Cave:
Either this means that in spite of her sensible antibiotic-laden "clear the symptoms don't kill the disease cuz we got this for life' mentality, she is a good woo-woo fortuneteller OR it means that she's hard up for bashing topics and desperate for the adrenaline rush she gets from bashing, so she's making it up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And apparently the writer above has the ability to read others' minds across long distances as she knows exactly what Cave is thinking. What an amazing ability indeed. So, what am I thinking right now?

edit:spelling

LymeEnigma

Post by LymeEnigma » Tue 6 Jan 2009 3:45

minitails2 wrote:Hiker,
I can understand your dislike of some of the disagreements. However, disagreements are not bashing.

As far as certain individuals "bashing" others, those individuals generallly go after the big fish, usually those making money off of other lyme patients. They investigate certain individuals, who claim expertise which they do not have, and knowledge of "cures' that mostly come from people advertising, promoting and marketing certain protocols. It is all circular.

Just as I have no knowledge of the particulars of most people on any board, neither do you. You do not know what made people well and if it's simply the remitting phase of lyme in a relapsing-remitting disease. It is possible some people were never sick and it is possible that these people who claim good health are ill. There is no way to know.

Anyone who attempts to be the "authority" or a marketer or profiteer is fair game. When you put yourself above the average lymie, and we all have different ideas about lyme, you make yourself a target. If there was less dishonesty, less flim flam, there would be less to investigate and less indignation.

I hope whatever you're doing continues to help just as I hope the same for myself and everyone else on this board.
But I can question the methods and assertions of one of numerous Lyme-literate doctors, here, and find myself at the tail-end of "bashing" comments, no matter how genuine my concerns.... It's a bit disheartening.