Making tons of progress on Salt/C

Topics with information and discussion about unconventional diagnostic and treatment methods, and unconventional views.
LymeNurse

Making tons of progress on Salt/C

Post by LymeNurse » Mon 10 Jan 2011 18:00

-done away with and bugger off-
Last edited by admin on Mon 10 Jan 2011 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SPAM: content removed and poster banned. Bye bye, wave, wave!

rlstanley

Re: Making tons of progress on Salt/C

Post by rlstanley » Tue 11 Jan 2011 0:49

Amazing how long this ridiculous 'treatment' has lingered...

See The Hocus Pocus of the Salt/Vitamin C Protocol thread: http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... ?f=12&t=56

Martian

Post by Martian » Tue 11 Jan 2011 1:13

rlstanley wrote:.
Amazing how long this ridiculous 'treatment' has lingered...
And it won't go away any-time soon, because apparently new uses have been found for this "protocol":

Zeitgeist 2011 this far, category "Dubious", at number 1: salt vitamin c biofilm.

Yup, attacking the Lyme biofilm is the new bandwagon to jump on. I think Zeitgeist 2011 will have a new category: "Biofilm protocols (the most popular ways to attack the Lyme biofilm in 2011)"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue 11 Jan 2011 14:16

Funny, at 03:21 CET this spammer "LymeNurse" (AKA Gary the RN) came to LNE using hidebrowsing.com and trying to register again (LOL @ failed anonymity). Luckily I changed the registration procedure last year: one can only register an account with an invitation code, which one must request via e-mail.

This spammer, who was troublesome before, came here for the sole purpose to advertise for his forum, facebook and youtube videos. In principle I wouldn't even mind if one was advertising for something truly useful or interesting, and trustworthy. But I don't accept it with unreliable nonsense about Salt/C.

rlstanley

Post by rlstanley » Tue 11 Jan 2011 20:38

admin wrote:
...This spammer, who was troublesome before...
See thread: http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... f=6&t=2441

LymeH

Post by LymeH » Wed 12 Jan 2011 17:58

I think this person 'Gary' is the same as LymeTwister. According to Lymenet, he interviewed Dr. Burgdorfer in 2009. He says he recorded the conversation and was going to upload it, but apparently never did.

This person appears to have numerous sites, as Martian/Rita mentioned - dating, medical 'advice' (alleges he is a disabled nurse), etc. I won't post the links as I don't want to give the free publicity and attention he appears to be seeking.

LymeH

Post by LymeH » Wed 2 Feb 2011 2:38

LymeTwister/LymeNurse/Gary has started his own website. http://saltc.proboards.com/index.cgi#general He has developed some polls and posted on the science behind Salt/C. It appears that he recently renewed his Maryland License as a Registered Nurse.

Snippets from his website:
What is the science behind Salt/C?
2 – Salt powers certain white blood cells, particularly the neutrophils, which use the salt to kill certain bacteria

6 – We are somewhat dehydrated due to infection/toxin load, and the salt allows us to absorb more water (this might be particularly helpful for the lymphatic system)

19 – Salt is a corrosive agent and actually may address problems with hypercoagulation, or other build-ups that are common with Lyme and related diseases.
Our medical care system in the US has become a joke.

rlstanley

Post by rlstanley » Wed 2 Feb 2011 3:38

What is the science behind Salt/C?

blah blah blah blah blithering blah blah blah
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
---- Harlan Ellison

LymeH

Post by LymeH » Thu 17 Mar 2011 0:22

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/ ... 68058.html
March 15, 2011

UPDATE

CBS19 has learned the investigation into a possible hazing incident at a University of Virginia fraternity is moving forward.

Court documents show University Police have obtained the transcript of the third-year student and Zeta Psi brother at the center of the investigation. The third-year allegedly consulted a medical packet from a pre-med course he was enrolled in before driving the seizing pledge to Martha Jefferson Hospital.

Police have also obtained the medical records for the 19-year-old first-year pledge who reportedly suffered a sodium overdose. The documents mean police are one step closer to filing charges against the individual or individuals who may have been involved in the alleged hazing incident.

CBS19 also spoke to the alleged victim's family. They say he is out of the hospital and doing well but did not want to comment any further at this time.

March 10, 2011

CBS19 has learned a University of Virginia student was hospitalized after drinking too much soy sauce during an alleged hazing ritual on March 1 at the Beta Chapter of Zeta Psi fraternity at UVa.

Search warrants show the 19-year-old student, a first-year pledge in the fraternity, consumed 12 to 18 ounces of soy sauce after eating dog food, matzo balls and Gefilte fish.

A fraternity brother told police the "meal" is a Zeta Psi tradition and that only pledges consumed the items. He was later found seizing upstairs in the fraternity house, located at 169 Rugby Road, and taken to Martha Jefferson Hospital by fellow students.

"One tablespoon of soy sauce contains almost half of your daily allotment for sodium," says David Mahoney, a doctor at Charlottesville Wellness Center. "Consuming an entire bottle of soy sauce could absolutely kill you."

The pledge was transferred to UVa Medical Center's intensive care ward a few hours later for treatment for an electrolyte imbalance.

A nurse told police that the student was seizing and foaming at the mouth when he was brought to the emergency room. [/color]He was released from inpatient care three days later on March 4.

A university spokeswoman would not confirm that it was a case of hazing but pointed out that hazing is a serious crime. Police are weighing whether to file charges in the incident.

Spokeswoman Carol Wood did not name the student involved. Here is the bulk of her statement sent to CBS19 after we asked her about the case:

"While it has not yet been determined whether this incident was related to hazing, hazing is illegal in the Commonwealth of Virginia and considered a serious criminal offense as well as a violation of University policy. If found guilty, students are subject to criminal penalties and also University judiciary processes that impose separate penalties, up to and including expulsion from the University. The University is cooperating fully with the on-going police investigation and has launched its own investigation of this incident."

Soy sauce has 900 milligrams of sodium per tablespoon and consuming large quantities can have an impact on a person's brain and kidneys.

http://ldnr.us/XenForo/upload/forums/th ... salt-c.10/
Gary Engelman, RN from Maryland is promoting Salt/C as
"the salt then powers the cells, so it is a win-win situation"

How are seizures, brain damage, kidney damage and near fatalities a 'win-win situation? (Rhetorical, since Nurse Gary is banned from LNE (Thank you Admin).

The State of Maryland should consider 'banning' his medical license? http://209.60.234.65/mdbon_weblookup/pu ... &DBA_Name=

minitails2

Post by minitails2 » Fri 1 Apr 2011 8:12

LH wrote:
I think this person 'Gary' is the same as LymeTwister. According to Lymenet, he interviewed Dr. Burgdorfer in 2009. He says he recorded the conversation and was going to upload it, but apparently never did.
He finally posted it on FB. It's under the name Gary Engleman. He claims it's an hour long. I have no idea, I wouldn't bother to listen to it. It seems that he's making it look like he recently did the interview but I didn't look all that carefully.