Cured of Lyme in 60 days!

Topics with information and discussion about unconventional diagnostic and treatment methods, and unconventional views.
Tubzy

Re: Cured of Lyme in 60 days!

Post by Tubzy » Mon 14 Mar 2016 4:12

Yes, take antibiotics together at the same time, at least that is what I do and was told. If you take any other mineral or vitamins take them spaced apart and not with the antibiotics to help prevent any absorption issues.

JohnR

Post by JohnR » Mon 14 Mar 2016 14:35

@Tubzy

Cheers for that.

Yes I'll be careful with the supplements.
Was gonna half my 500mg Tinidazole, so I have 250 with the 100mg Minocycline. I'm sure Will originally only had 250mg if Tinidazole.
So mine came as 500 standard, I'm gonna break them and use the other half on the other day.

I don't think they require any special attention like once popped from the blister pack.

I had a really bad flu last about three weeks ago, so bad the GP prescribed Clarithromycin to help shift phlegm.

Since I took just the 14 day course of Clarithromycin I have been somewhat boosted energised. It appears to be a very good drug, the GP described it as bleach she said it kills almost anything.

So if I fail with this I'm gonna try Clarithromycin & Tinidazole combo next.

Quantum Criterion

Post by Quantum Criterion » Wed 23 Mar 2016 17:20

Am I understanding this correctly? We take the standard dose of 200mg of doxy for 3 weeks and then more on to the tini/mino cocktail every other day, correct? Or do we just start with the cocktail? I suspect I have Lyme but the closest I've gotten to diagnosis is a positive band 41 and indeterminate band 39 on the Igenex Western Blot. Trying to treat the elusive buggers with all manner of alternative remedies has yielded next to no results, or even herxes to my surprise, and I'm ready to move on to antibiotics, if only out of the desire to herx. I suspect the Lyme is primarily in my brain as all of my symptoms are neuro, would that potentially nullify any effects of doxy which to my understanding has trouble crossing the blood brain barrier?

RitaA

Post by RitaA » Thu 24 Mar 2016 7:24

Quantum Criterion wrote:Am I understanding this correctly? We take the standard dose of 200mg of doxy for 3 weeks and then more on to the tini/mino cocktail every other day, correct? Or do we just start with the cocktail? I suspect I have Lyme but the closest I've gotten to diagnosis is a positive band 41 and indeterminate band 39 on the Igenex Western Blot. Trying to treat the elusive buggers with all manner of alternative remedies has yielded next to no results, or even herxes to my surprise, and I'm ready to move on to antibiotics, if only out of the desire to herx. I suspect the Lyme is primarily in my brain as all of my symptoms are neuro, would that potentially nullify any effects of doxy which to my understanding has trouble crossing the blood brain barrier?
Hi Quantum Criterion,

I'm sorry that I'm unable to answer your other questions, however I thought you might be interested in having a look at the following thread, where the use and dosage of doxycycline in treating neurological Lyme disease is discussed in several posts:

Oral Doxy for Lyme meningo-radiculitis in US

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... f=5&t=5808

The following article also includes a short reference to doxycycline in the treatment of neuroborreliosis and other central nervous system infections:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2952976/
Clin Microbiol Rev. 2010 Oct; 23(4): 858–883.
doi: 10.1128/CMR.00007-10PMCID: PMC2952976

Penetration of Drugs through the Blood-Cerebrospinal Fluid/Blood-Brain Barrier for Treatment of Central Nervous System Infections†

Roland Nau,1,2,* Fritz Sörgel,3,4 and Helmut Eiffert5
Department of Geriatrics, Evangelisches Krankenhaus Göttingen-Weende, Göttingen, Germany,1 Department of Neuropathology,2 Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Göttingen, Göttingen, Germany,5 Institute for Biomedical Research, Nürnberg-Heroldsberg, Nürnberg, Germany,3 Department of Pharmacology, University of Duisburg-Essen, Duisburg, Germany4
snippet:
Tetracyclines and Tigecycline

Among tetracyclines, experience for the treatment of CNS infections is greatest with doxycycline. The lipophilic drug doxycycline is readily absorbed after oral application (>80%). Its protein binding is >80%, and its elimination half-life is long, ranging from 12 to 25 h (1). In small studies, doxycycline was not inferior to ceftriaxone for the treatment of neuroborreliosis (e.g., see reference 107). It is part of standard treatment protocols for neurobrucellosis and has been used successfully to treat neurosyphilis. Although systematic pharmacokinetic studies are lacking, based on the CSF-to-serum concentration ratios of individual samples, the CSF penetration is approximately 0.2 in both the absence and the presence of meningeal inflammation (108, 269). Since daily doses of 200 mg produce CSF concentrations close to the MICs for susceptible bacteria, the daily dose has been increased to up to 400 mg (269).

Tubzy

Post by Tubzy » Fri 25 Mar 2016 17:29

Doxy/metro= old crappy car

Mino/tini= Mercedes Benz

Stick with the mino and tini if you can. Both of those are more effective in crossing the BBB.

But I can vouch for mino and metro as I'm making some big improvements.

Quantum Criterion

Post by Quantum Criterion » Mon 28 Mar 2016 21:58

So no on the Doxy then? Got it. What dosages should I be using here? Will says minimum lethal dose, what would that be?

Tubzy

Post by Tubzy » Mon 28 Mar 2016 22:27

Well Will suggested me to double the dosage of the protocol as I'm a male that is 200ibs. If you are around that area I would say use the higher dosage to be on the safe side.

So 500mg tini and 200mg mino...

Quantum Criterion

Post by Quantum Criterion » Tue 29 Mar 2016 0:04

Actually one of my most physical symptoms has been rapid weight loss. I'm around 125 now, so taking that into account do you think I should still stick with your dose for safety, or is less more in this instance?

And thanks for the answers mate! I'm glad you're feeling well on the protocol. All of my symptoms are neuro with some occasional fasciculations. Hoping this will clear up the fog and headaches promptly.

Lightfoot500

Post by Lightfoot500 » Sat 2 Apr 2016 22:44

has allday chemist been found to be adequate tinidazole and minocyclene ?
or are they one with weak ones,
thanks
lightfoot

JohnR

Post by JohnR » Sun 3 Apr 2016 0:18

Lightfoot500 wrote:has allday chemist been found to be adequate tinidazole and minocyclene ?
or are they one with weak ones,
thanks
lightfoot
Fasigyn is the one I have by pfizer, it's 500mg so quite strong.

I'm 67kg so split them, as WW only used 250mg

And he said he's not a huge chap.

The Minocycline I have is 100mg by Mylan.

Hope this helps.