Anyone else get blank pages sometimes at LNE?

Here you can give feedback about (the working of) this board, like problems, questions, remarks, suggestions and praise.
Martian

Anyone else get blank pages sometimes at LNE?

Post by Martian » Mon 28 Sep 2009 4:09

The past two weeks or so, I sometimes get a blank page when I visit LNE. If that happens and I refresh the page, then I get the page content. This is especially annoying when posting a message, then it also seems to happen more often, including or perhaps especially when just previewing the message.

Does anyone else encounter this problem?

Also, page load took a long time when I just posted a new message. Does anyone else have that?

Fin24

Re: Anyone else get blank pages sometimes at LNE?

Post by Fin24 » Mon 28 Sep 2009 4:21

when I try to post or load a post already there, I get the blank form to post a new post

I hit "reply" and the window opens with the box in which we type the reply. I then hit "submit" and a new winso opens as if I havent typed yet

If I press back on my browser I can often get back to the typed reply and hit submit again. Sometimes this happens 2-3 in a row. Or I can copy the reply, then paste in a new box.

Often when I hit " view new posts" , and then click on one of them,an empty area opens.

This started 3 days ago for me...back then I gave up , tonight Im peristent and was able to finally post after many tries.

Martian

Post by Martian » Mon 28 Sep 2009 4:27

Fin24 wrote:when I try to post or load a post already there, I get the blank form to post a new post

I hit "reply" and the window opens with the box in which we type the reply. I then hit "submit" and a new winso opens as if I havent typed yet
That's odd, I have never had that. I just get completely blank pages now and then, it seems to happen especially when previewing a new message.

rlstanley

Post by rlstanley » Tue 29 Sep 2009 22:41

Got a blank page when I tried to submit a post. Lost the post.

Martian

Post by Martian » Tue 29 Sep 2009 23:12

rlstanley wrote:Got a blank page when I tried to submit a post. Lost the post.
Pressing "page back" doesn't help?

What you can do: select & copy the text before posting or previewing, and then if you get a blank page, you can paste the text again. A more fail-safe option is to write the post in a text editor first.

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Wed 30 Sep 2009 2:53

all day today I get blank pages when opening posts and from linking from my email notices that a new post was made on a watched thread

what gives?? Martian--have you found out if its this site only or entire hosting software??

Im also still unable to post replies readily: when I get the blank pages trying to post I can back page and/or copy save it and retry "submit"--it takes 2-5 tries sometimes...also only recently...never before.

Martian

Post by Martian » Wed 30 Sep 2009 3:42

Fin24 wrote:what gives?? Martian--have you found out if its this site only or entire hosting software??
I have also has blank pages at the home page or information section, so it doesn't seem to be caused by this forum software or database.

If others have also had blank pages at LNE pages other than the forum, please let me know.

It is very annoying and seems to be getting worse. I suspect the Web hosting Provider is to blame.

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Wed 30 Sep 2009 3:50

If others have also had blank pages at LNE pages other than the forum, please let me know.
being techno challenged what do you mean?? what might be the "other pages" you mention??

I link right to the home page and click "forum" and then proceed OR link to a thread Im "watching"/"follwoing"

and it IS getting worse for me too.

have you tried emailing the host site help desk?? I hope it isnt viral and that we are all getting it via the site??

my almost-ex crashed last week and lost his whole data base due to some virus. one new PC later and only a partial recovery...well, this has me worried

Martian

Post by Martian » Wed 30 Sep 2009 4:02

Fin24 wrote:
being techno challenged what do you mean?? what might be the "other pages" you mention??
I mean for example here:
http://www.lymeneteurope.org/ (LNE homepage)
http://www.lymeneteurope.org/info/ (and subpages)
etc.

Any page that is not a sub page of http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/ (so any page that doesn't belong to the forum)
Fin24 wrote:have you tried emailing the host site help desk??
Not yet.
Fin24 wrote:I hope it isnt viral and that we are all getting it via the site??
I don't know, I am trying to figure out what is causing this. Perhaps it's a mutated string of Borrelia that is now spreading via the internet.

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Wed 30 Sep 2009 19:54

thank you for trying to figure this out and btw it IS getting "worse"--today I am getting blank pages from my email links to here consistently....I had to get into here via fresh url typed in

Perhaps it's a mutated string of Borrelia that is now spreading via the internet.
LOL