Brorson 1998 found bb cysts in spinal fluid

Topics with information and discussion about published studies related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
Henry

Re: Brorson 1998 found bb cysts in spinal fluid

Post by Henry » Fri 10 Aug 2012 14:44

I am not interested in pursuing a fruitless discussion that is going no where. You and Carina are free to exchange your ruminations -- and re-enforce your personal views-- to your hearts content. I like the idea of keeping all of this babble in one place so that it is not a distraction to other more productive discussions.

X-member

Post by X-member » Fri 10 Aug 2012 15:40

Henry:
I am not interested in pursuing a fruitless discussion that is going no where. You and Carina are free to exchange your ruminations -- and re-enforce your personal views-- to your hearts content. I like the idea of keeping all of this babble in one place so that it is not a distraction to other more productive discussions.
No comments.

panda

Post by panda » Fri 10 Aug 2012 16:26

@ Monsieur Henry
You’re not alone in this forum. I found your comments far from science, for example your contributions on
Trepanema
spp.

I am reading the contributions in this forum a little while and would appreciate it if we could learn more on round bodies of Bb which in some minds don’t exist so far.

The Catholic Church needed nearly 400 years to rehabilitate Galileo Galilei after inquisition. Some people and institutions need more than normal lifetime.

Best wishes,
Panda

X-member

Post by X-member » Mon 13 Aug 2012 14:47

Here you can find more pictures of round bodies (including pictures from Dr Brorson):

"The wonderful world of spheroplasts and their formation"

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... f=7&t=4095

A quote:

Will Wiegman

Post by Will Wiegman » Wed 15 Jul 2015 15:41

The Brorosons also knew that Tinidazole and Metrotinadazole would kill the cyst form too.

Brorson O, Brorson SH. An in vitro study of the susceptibility of mobile and cystic forms of Borrelia
burgdorferi to tinidazole. Int Microbiol. 2004 Jun;7(2):139-42.

Brorson O, Brorson SH. An in vitro study of the susceptibility of mobile and cystic forms of Borrelia
burgdorferi to metronidazole. APMIS. 1999 Jun;107(6):566-76.

ChronicLyme19

Post by ChronicLyme19 » Wed 29 Jul 2015 0:13

This is an old post but I'll add this...
blymey wrote:So thank you very much, and I wonder if I might ask your opinion on one question, if you dont mind. As Lyme affects the brain, can it change he personality in your opinion? Can it make a person lash out, for no reason like, because of the infection in the brain?
Yes, neuroborreliosis can cause just about every psychiatric state, bipolar, depression, anxiety, rage...the whole spectrum. I'd second the comment to look into papers or video recordings of his presentations on youtube by Dr. Brian Fallon of Columbia University from the Lyme and Tick Borne Disease Research Center. That would be a good place to start.
http://www.columbia-lyme.org/
Brian A. Fallon, MD, MPH, Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, is the Director of the Lyme and Tick-borne Diseases Research Center at the Columbia University Medical Center. A graduate of Harvard College, he obtained his M.D. degree from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, as well as a master's degree in public health epidemiology from Columbia University. He did his research training and an NIH fellowship in biological psychiatry at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center and the New York State Psychiatric Institute. Dr. Fallon’s research has focused on neuropsychiatry – the discipline that studies the behavioral and mood effects of diseases that affect the brain. His particular areas of research focus in Lyme disease include phenomenology, diagnostics, neuroimaging, biomarker, and treatment studies. His expertise in psychiatry includes neurocognitive testing, clinical trial development, obsessive compulsive disorder, and hypochondriasis. Dr. Fallon has published over 100 peer-reviewed articles, review papers, and book chapters and he has served as a reviewer for many journals, including JAMA, Journal of Infectious Disease, Clinical Infectious Disease, and the American Journal of Psychiatry.
Half of what you are taught is incorrect, but which half? What if there's another half missing?