CDC and Fry Lab blood smear--weird info!

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
BlueAngel

Re: CDC and Fry Lab blood smear--weird info!

Post by BlueAngel » Wed 18 Feb 2009 1:29

Well, if ya can't Take it with out the cream and sugar, you'll probably need a little help, and maybe even a funnel. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I prefer the oral route myself with a little added dark chocolate for bioflavability. :D

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Wed 18 Feb 2009 1:34

Cave BEHAVE yourself...you never know when nuggets of info are hidden inside!!

Thanks BLUE!!!

I was afraid of that--its not anything I can take to his treating drs or that Im willing to risk for a few reasons
-EDTA was used to prevent and dislodge biofilms in CATHS ( that Ive known for awhile) and there isnt any real correlation between catheter/equipment colonization and in vivo biofilms

-EDTA while a good chelator for metals and minerals ( calcium deposits), hasnt ever been shown to chelate anything remotely helpful with tick infections--and since Evan is 19 I highly doubt his blood vessel calcium deposits are an issue

what I understand about the nano theories is that these calcium deposits are where the nanobacteria lodge. Removing the microscopic hiding places help to flush them out and along with abx get rid of them. if there are no deposits ( like in a young person) then where is the EDTA working?? and on what??

-EDTA plus LYSOZYME is what caused the E.coli to rupture--lysozyme is an enzyme that causes cell rupture on its own anyway

- according to those promoting this, regular tetracycline "cant" work nor can minocycline:
Not even the close sisters of Tetracycline, Doxycycline and Terramycin, will work (Mezo). The larger studies have not shown Azithromycin to be effective in preventing coronary disease or in affecting it’s outcome; Azithromycin does not prevent restenosis. Tetracycline, because of its chemical structure, is able to specifically kill nanobacteria. However, effective treatment regimes are still being worked out.
ONLY type to work per them: tetracycline hydrochloride which is SUMYCIN and I cant recall anyone on that drug for TBI's--is that the one you take Blue??

Be careful as some sites like drugs.com have info on this as if its just another " tetracycline" and it isnt.

It IS as photosensitive as doxy ( so if youre on it thats important to know) and it has different actions and interactions as well. and some different risks too.

and all of the articles above refer heavily to coronary conditions. which make me believe its a roto rooter vessel clearing effect and not anything that I can argue with the Drs about why we want to trial it for Evan!!

thanks again though and for the record Im not trying to shoot it down--I just dont think anything here is enough information for me to petition for using it for Evan and I was stating why I think this.

for adult/older Lymies maybe its clearing out vessels and making it easier for their blood systems and immune systems to do their jobs with abx help??? or even by improving the cardiovascular systems and lessening some overlapping sx, you feel better?? a big guess but the only one I have for now.

anyone on this protocol or thinking about trying it:
IF you find it working for you, great--there isnt enough solid reasoning here to explain why or to have me or others consider it right now.

paint me disappointed!!! :(

BTW the company marketing and inventing Nanobac TX has discontinued that in favor of an over the counter version by removing the Rx tetracycline hydrochloride---to increase revenue per them
http://sec.edgar-online.com/nanobac-pha ... tion5.aspx

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Fri 27 Mar 2009 7:16

According to information from patients of Fr Fry, he is going to make public his indentification of the "mystery bug" today at a conference in Kansas.? Info will probably pop up on LN.

Gale

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Wed 1 Apr 2009 17:14

today there is information on Lymenet that _ still more or less rumour based- Fry has identified the mystery bugs as some toxoplasmoses like organism.
Gale

Claudia

Post by Claudia » Wed 1 Apr 2009 17:59

I have been following this with a lot of interest on the various blogs and forums. The implications could be so important, but I can't help but be more and more skeptical as time has gone by.

WHY haven't the larger Lyme disease/TBI's and vector-borne labs and research facilities both public and private been seeing this and reporting something on it by now, anywhere? It's strange and unlikely that it is just these small in-house labs that are investigating these highly abnormal blood smears that could turn out to be a previously unknown acute infection in Lyme disease patients. Discovering a new disease - infectious organism is huge, the holy grail in medicine, but there is nothing but silence from the bigger, well funded labs and career Lyme disease researchers?

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Wed 1 Apr 2009 23:28

Claudia
I think that the question you raise points to other questions.
How come that a small lab-(and Fry deserves all the credit he can get for this discovery) or LLMDs have not contacted the cdc or other major labs a long time ago to have this looked into properly?
A major research lab or the CDc would not spend years pinning this down precisely.(Frylabs has just resently begun with PCR-technique!!!!!)
To me the reason is partly the completely insane and disasterous conflict between Lyme- world and established medicine."Lyme-community" is not without responsibility for this situation.
Until the CDC (described as thughs in LNUS) or the like will be asked to look into it,nothing substantial will happen. We would not have been left with the nonsense presented in this matter over the last years had some of the DR xès in X-town contacted the CDc. A LLMD ordring a blood-smear showing "Bartonella-then Haemobartonella-then mycoplasma- then proteobacteria-and now toxoplamoses" should be asked to get on the phone to the CDc.

Gale

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Thu 2 Apr 2009 6:10

I have other questions

toxoplasmosis is fairly well studied and at least recognizable
protozoal and life cycle stages that are very specific and also recognizable
theyd have been identified or should have been pre Fry

AND since we have partial to full DNA info on Toxo's, then other labs like Clongen should have come up with a "hit" or "partial" hit rather than totally unfamiliar or non info when they ran PCR's

Im still remaining skeptical, since in blood smears it isnt that hard to identify toxoplasmosis and other protozoals--we used to have the frshman biology students do it as part of their lab exams ( malaria, toxoplasmosis,trypanosomes, schistosomes etc)
toxo when alive MOVE by gliding motion,and they have known a LOT about Toxo's since before 1999 http://mj.med.u-tokai.ac.jp/pdf/230630.pdf

even similar species like Sarcocytis are easily recognizeable

How then can this be an alien Toxoplasmosis??

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Thu 2 Apr 2009 6:18

My daughter had a small tumor removed from her scalp (5 years ago) which contained toxoplasmosis.
Freaked us all out. But there was no follow up or treatment?

How did it wind up in a scalp tumor? And why wasn't anyone , besides us, concerned about it. BTW-she's also the one who later tested positive for Lyme Disease.

PS. I chose to read this thread so it wouldn't look like I was stalking Fin. Ha! Talk about freaky-when I read my post, guess who beat me to "submit".

I give up- I'm going to bed. Zzzzzzzzz
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Thu 2 Apr 2009 7:59

anybody with a positive Fry smear here?
If so- why dont you make your doc report it to the CDC?
Gale

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Fri 3 Apr 2009 1:22

cobs

we are just so much on the same wavelength--and stalking is a compliment--I consider it looking after me

and funny since this is one of just two threads Ive bothered with in days due to LOTS of medical crap goping on yet again with me ( but you know all that)
F

btw Gale--good thought--why dont they all make CDC reports??? and also give smears to every academic studying those types of things as well??