Severe Muscle Cramps

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
ChronicLyme19

Re: Severe Muscle Cramps

Post by ChronicLyme19 » Tue 30 Sep 2014 4:07

Any tips for those with cramps/spasms in your upper back? I think my magnesium, calcium and potassium levels are fine. Magnesium doesn't seem to help.

REALLY hot baths/sauna/heating pads, a glass of wine or myofacial release help for about an hour or two and then it comes back again.

I stretch regularly. Exercise makes it better initially the hr after, but then the next day it tightens/cramps up again.
Half of what you are taught is incorrect, but which half? What if there's another half missing?

lou

Post by lou » Tue 7 Oct 2014 3:21

What I have always heard is that Mg and Ca are in balance, and that many people are Mg deficient. Ca seems to be covered better with diet. So, maybe taking both might not be the best solution. I am only getting dietary Ca along with a little dab in a multivitamin. With that I am taking potassium and Mg supplements and it seems to work well, as long as the interval between Mg pills is not too long.

ChronicLyme19

Post by ChronicLyme19 » Tue 7 Oct 2014 4:39

I'm only taking Mg, not Ca, 400-600 mg with lunch, away from the abx. Doc said 2-3, 200 mg pills per day. Didn't seem to make a dent. Should be fine on calcium as I eat oatmeal with milk in the AM and kefir, which are both strong sources of calcium.

My back pain and muscle spasms go to h*ll when I go off abx and it tears my spine and ribs out really badly. They want me to go longer off abx for the pulsing to work better, but it gets so bad I can't stand it and go back on abx after a week or two. If it didn't get so bad, I'd be able to go the full month off like they want.
Half of what you are taught is incorrect, but which half? What if there's another half missing?