homicidal&OCD

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
badtime

Re: homicidal&OCD

Post by badtime » Wed 7 Nov 2007 11:21

Thanks for your replies! I'll try to find out if I had any coinfection first. About Rilutek - it's very promissing, but I think none of doctor I know will not prescribe me it for my OCD. Thanks again.

CaliforniaLyme

Post by CaliforniaLyme » Wed 7 Nov 2007 15:40

You're welcome- another idea- Babesiosis will also make peopple homicidal during "Babesiosis rage"- and you can treat yourself for that with Artemisia or its derivatives which you can buy all over the place online- Dr. Zhang or NutriBiotics are two reputable brands but there are many more- just an idea- you never know!!!
Just be careful herxing because it can exacerbate those feelings- just "sit on your hands" if you need to-
Best wishes-
Hugs-
Sarah O.
CA, USA

badtime

Post by badtime » Thu 8 Nov 2007 15:51

I think I'm not ill on babesia, because babesia casues terrible anemia and my blood is in good condition.

NellyP

Post by NellyP » Sun 11 Nov 2007 0:29

I don't think you can rule out Babesia because of lack of anemia. If you have babesiosis you may have had anemia when you first got infected but after a while the bugs can be located in other cells, sequestered in the endothelial of cerebral blood vessels for eg and cause all kinds of symptoms without anemia being such an obvious issue.

I had the most horrid symptoms when I started treating my babesia, really thought I would jump out of the window at times, crying non-stop and talk of being aggressive!!! Ask a few shop assistants around where I live;) I could not take any frustration, and normal garden variety every day frustrations had me crawling up the walls (almost literally) and I cried, cried, cried all day. Fun!

It happened with all the babesia treatments I used, atovaquone, lariam, artemisinin, and my head was boiling, had to wear frozen peas on my head etc i could go on and on.

I also had what I now think were Babesia-rages long before I started treating, and my husband, who's normally a very nice, quiet guy, turned into a were-wolf when he treated his babesia, quite spectacular!

Good luck, I just wanted to say, don't just dismiss babesia just bec your RBCs are normal.

Nelly

badtime

Post by badtime » Sun 11 Nov 2007 13:44

I understand. Thank you.

When I was googlein' I found an article:

http://www.jsnm.org/files/paper/anm/ams ... 9-7-12.pdf

Abstract:

"Improvement in Tc-99m HMPAO brain SPECT findings during donepezil
therapy in a patient with pure akinesia"

A 58-year-old man presented with a history of disturbance in initiating gait. His history revealed
meningoencephalitis five years prior to admission. Neurological examination included gait disturbance
as difficulty in initiation and a hesitating speech with many freezing episodes and micrographia.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) showed diffuse hyperintensity of frontal subcortical white
matter on T2 weighted images. He was diagnosed with PA. L-Dopa up to the dosages of 1000 mg/
day and selegiline 10 mg/day were given. First brain SPECT using technetium-99m labeled D,Lhexamethylpropylene
amine oxime (Tc-99m HMPAO) was performed when he was taking L-dopa
and selegiline. In visual evaluation, hypoperfusion in bilateral frontoparietal cortex was seen (Fig.
2). Treatment with L-dopa and selegiline produced no benefit. Donepezil 10 mg/day was begun. This
therapy regimen resulted in dramatic clinical improvement within several days that was confirmed
by blinded raters who watched the patient’s video recordings. During this response second brain
perfusion SPECT study was repeated during donepezil therapy. Markedly increased perfusion in
bilateral frontoparietal cortex was observed. This is the first case of PA to develop possibly after an
episode of bacterial pneumococcal meningoencephalitis and who responded to donepezil as
documented by changes in clinical findings and Tc-99m HMPAO brain SPECT studies.

=============================================================================================

I don't have a pure akinesia. But I have hypoperfusion in my frontal lobe, temporal lobe, parietal lobe - all the time I feel the pain in those areas. ( I made SPECT which shows: "multifocal areas of decreased blood flow in both hepmispheres" or something like that). But the pain of the brain is not the main problem, the main problem is that these lessions 'produce' some psychiatric disorders such as: FATAL (to me) OCD - RAGES - HOMICIDAL thoughts -- it all seems like a PERSONALITY DISORDER (it is a personality disorder :/ but due to Lyme :() .

The patient described in this abstract has a hypoperfusion probably due to bacterial pneumococcal meningoencephalitis! Lyme is bacterial disease and casues also hypoperfusion!

Maybe DONZEPIL (aricept) will help to improve our hypoperfusion, our lifes and will decrease out psychiatric disorders?

Have anyone tried to take DONEZEPIL?

Maybe I'm stupid but it can be a chance for chronic Lyme Neuroborrelisis.

greetings