Anyone have CHRONIC gastritis where you can't eat ANYTHING?

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
bigdreams87

Anyone have CHRONIC gastritis where you can't eat ANYTHING?

Post by bigdreams87 » Fri 12 Jun 2009 1:33

Do any of you have CHRONIC gastritis where you can't eat ANYTHING???

Fin24

Re: CDC and Fry Lab blood smear--weird info!

Post by Fin24 » Fri 12 Jun 2009 7:40

Ive had a period of almost 2 years where I wasnt absorbing and zero appetite as well as pains etc--they called it gastritis and they did scopes and I swallowed a HUGE capsule camera for another endoscope and they even threatened to put a tube in

well when I said why--if I wasnt able to absorb and was in pain with food swallowed and since I CAN still swallow what would a tube do--the asshole GI guys ( 5 in total) said that this way theyd pump stuff into my stomach directly overnight

I told them surgery for that??? no way--at one point I was a skeleteal 84 lbs expected to DIE

what I had to do was my own rehab--I cut out wheat ( gluten too at first) and then relied on tiny amounts every hour or so--and I used simple foods pureed and baby food ( made for easy digestibility)

I also supplemented at all hours ( and woke myself up every 3-4 hours overnite too) and sipped ensure plus
thats the heavy high calorie stuff

as I regained weight and strength and slowly got my gut working--pains subsided and absorption imporved too

now if I have a fall back bout I mix ensure plus with ensure high protein

some cant take the ensure so try a different brand if you must
what you need are concentrated calories so every sip counts for something and slowly throughout day and night keep it up

also use a kefir drink forst thing in a.m. and at night just pre-bed probitoic--I use Enzymatic therapy "pearls" since they claim to survive the stomach acids

Lyme and company can invade gut lining--some find spirochetes if biopsied!!

and if youre autonomic function is affected like many of us, that totally disrupts the gut function
every tiny meal set off waves of almost passing out etc--not very encouraging for eating!!

almost all GIs dont realize effects from Lyme and other stuff--theyre heads are in that medical "cookbook"

as for the ER dr--no surprise there either--ER drs are trained to ASSESS, FIX/STABILIZE, and KICK OUT
so being you arent a real emergency, they put a "bandaid" and sent you off

they dont really practice "medicine" and so only care much about serious, urgent and emergent cases

what also saved me big time is doing a soup--1-2 chicken breast and carrot and celery, parsley ( onion and garlic if you cant take it--I couldnt for a long time) and boil a bit,not too much water and then add rice and remove chicken if done--when rice done ( and dont add too much or else its too thick) puree all with chicken and drink it --a mug full at a time--the veggies and chicken and rice( brown btw) will give you needed nourishment a little at a time!! easy to digest

and try the old cancer pt trick--if youre nauseated or just cant bear to eat---eat anytime day or night you can--forget the clock--even wake yourself up middle of night and while half asleep get a bottle of Ensure donw or a warm mugful of the puree soup--when half asleep for some reason your brain registers nausea less

hope that works for you; and make calories count--if all you can bear is 2 sips make it sips of good stuff

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Fri 12 Jun 2009 8:08

Bigdreams

Me too- although my weight loss hasnt been as big as Fin`s.
Havent found anything that helps.

P.S.Havenet found out anything with your research bigdreams?

Gale

NellyP

Post by NellyP » Fri 12 Jun 2009 12:49

Sorry, I must've missed a step: why are we now talking of gastritis and not being able to eat etc.?

Any relevance to the title of this extremely long (and boring?) thread about Fry?

Nelly

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Fri 12 Jun 2009 15:35

NellyP
maybe because of a charcteriric clinical feature?
Boring? oui - dont come here myself for the fun

bigdreams87

Post by bigdreams87 » Fri 12 Jun 2009 16:51

No, not quite. Still waiting to hear back from my Dr. Maybe today, maybe early next week.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri 12 Jun 2009 17:17

bigdreams87 wrote:No, not quite.
Is this an answer to NellyP's question whether the posts about gastritis have any relevance to (the title of) this thread? If not, then I would like an answer still.

NellyP

Post by NellyP » Fri 12 Jun 2009 17:25

You've completely lost me now!

There I was, trying to understand the stuff about Fry and their mystery bug, then I was trying to understand why people were getting p...ed off and removing their posts, and then poof! Fry gone, and it's a recipe with chicken breasts and celery!

Sorry but I am finding it hard to follow, seriously

Nelly

bigdreams87

Post by bigdreams87 » Fri 12 Jun 2009 17:32

I have the Fry bug and am losing weight and was wondering if the others are going through the same thing.

As far as the bug there is no published info, and no date when anything will be available.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Any of you have CHRONIC gastritis where you can't eat ANYTHI

Post by admin » Fri 12 Jun 2009 18:04

Above posts split from thread CDC and Fry Lab blood smear--weird info!, because it was off-topic.

bigdreams87 wrote:I have the Fry bug and am losing weight and was wondering if the others are going through the same thing.
You should have added that immediatly, because that was NOT obvious. It's still too off-topic, because the thread is about "Fry Lab blood smears" and the alleged "bug" Fry found.