Anyone have CHRONIC gastritis where you can't eat ANYTHING?

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
NellyP

Re: Anyone have CHRONIC gastritis where you can't eat ANYTHING?

Post by NellyP » Fri 12 Jun 2009 21:10

Thanks to Bigdreams for making things clearer and thanks to admin for having broken up the thread into two threads. It was getting pretty hard to follow.

I too have digestive problems, I suspect some protozoal as the only drugs that ever help are anti-protozoals, so I am interested in what the Fry Lab is finding. I wish things weren't so mysterious and so hidden from us poor mortals

Nelly

bigdreams87

Post by bigdreams87 » Fri 12 Jun 2009 21:13

Fin,

My Mom got ensure and I will just drink a bunch of them each day. I cut out gluten a week ago. Drinking aloevera now too.

Since all tissue seems to be inflamed, I doubt this is just a simple case of gastritis.

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Fri 12 Jun 2009 21:41

admin--a query please?
sometimes "conversations" veer to a related albeit different topic thread and so, too, do posts.
How then are we to continue such a conversation?

do we post :
" I am about to veer off onto a related topic--gastritis and the inablility to eat, please join me on this new thread" then post a link??

guidance from you , please?

thank you

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri 12 Jun 2009 22:10

Fin24 wrote:do we post :
" I am about to veer off onto a related topic--gastritis and the inablility to eat, please join me on this new thread" then post a link??
Well, one COULD do that if it's TRULY related. But it's not a MUST do, because people will notice the new thread easily. Clicking "View active topics" is the easiest way of viewing the latest posts.

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Fri 12 Jun 2009 23:09

Nelly
I cant imagine any serious protozoal being so stealth--theyre pretty large and diagnosable plus not as resistant to treatment ( Malaria seems to be getting harder and needing repeated treatments though)

IF youve been on series of anti-protozoal meds the remaining sx may not be from protozoal infection and may instead be lingering Lyme and/or autoimmune inflammatory stuff etc etc

what we must try to do is avoid assuming things not yet in evidence

NellyP

Post by NellyP » Sat 13 Jun 2009 0:21

No need to imagine things!

There are many protozoals which are very, very tough to get rid of, especially in their cyst forms, toxo being one of them, amoebes being another, as for Babesia...

>what we must try to do is avoid assuming things not yet in evidence
Yes we must :)))

Nelly
PS: I take anti-protozoals which clear/help some of my symptoms only for them to return as soon as I stop them, and they disppear again when I get back on the anti-protozoal treatment. What do you make of that?

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Sat 13 Jun 2009 8:27

nelly P
what kind of meds -anti protozoals- helpyou?
any idea where you contracted this protozoa?

gale

NellyP

Post by NellyP » Sat 13 Jun 2009 11:07

Metronidazole, tinidazole,
atovaquone, mefloquine, artemisinin
flubendazole, albendazole

I am probably forgetting some.

Toxo infects 80 to 90% of the French population so your guess is as good as mine!

I had many tick-bites, and I lived in various places (villages) with no sanitation whatsoever incl Papua New Guinea and Mexico. I also did a lot of swimming in fresh waters the world over, so it's a bit hard for me to narrow things down just by looking at where I've been and what I've done, unfortunately.

btw, I am not focused on protozoans only.

Nelly

hanegalen

Post by hanegalen » Sat 13 Jun 2009 12:35

nelly

if ths is too personal just say so

have you had a tropical med. workup
did you make a blood smear
what kind of protozoa do you suspect
what are your major problems apart from GI problems?
do you have a positive toxo-antibody-test?

Gale

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Sun 14 Jun 2009 4:47

Nelly

I dont disbeleive you but there are many reasons why anything we take may help without it being for the purpose intended

for example the minocycline I take may not be killing Bb but may be having antiinflammatory effects and frankly as long as it helps I dont care BUT I can never state without impugnity that I am killing spirochetes

as for the antiprotozoals they too have various effects making you feel better without actually killing anything or without you having anything to kill. Im not saying you dont still have infection, just that there are many reasons to explain your improvement

do you take all those meds at once, sequentially or another way??? theyre a combo package that sounds very risky, especially to liver and kidneys!

why so many "azoles"??? they have very similar if not identical effect--Id think after all those, and an extended time period if you werent being reinfected; well then I truly still cant imagine being still infected--many of the drugs you list actually hit the cyst forms of parasites too.

From your exposure history, you arent "typical" and that may be why you have/had so many parasites--and that cant be compared to the "average" person.

toxo rarely needs treating but if it does, you dont seem to be on the drugs known to get at it quite well-have you tried
Daraprim-pyrimethamine
sulfadiazine plus Daraprim
cleocin--pyri plus clindamycin

atoquavone must be used WITH the pyri or sulfa to be effective
success with HIV patients occur in 3-6 weeks and those folks are immune compromised

even hard to treat protozoals are fairly easy to diagnose and identify

some do cause lesions in the liver--have you had MRI and/or ultrasound to make sure thats not a source of hidden re-infection

I wish you luck with that