Guidelines for Diagnosis and Treatment German Borreliosis So

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
X-member

Re: Guidelines for Diagnosis and Treatment German Borreliosi

Post by X-member » Wed 3 Oct 2012 21:03

I think it is better if someone start a new topic for the guidelines, because this topic is now (like so many other topics in this forum) about something else.

Lorima

Post by Lorima » Wed 3 Oct 2012 21:05

Hi all,
I made a correction/edit to my previous post http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 110#p31912 : the Blumenthal case was based on antitrust law, not RICO law. 

There's a whole area of law which tries to prevent abuse of power by monopoly/oligopoly in business. I'll need time to get up to speed on this, but I started a new topic at Lyme Cafe called Antitrust law, with a few links and thoughts to get started, in case anyone else is interested: 
http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 249#p31978

Best wishes, Lorima
"I have to understand the world, you see."
Richard Feynman

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Wed 3 Oct 2012 21:10

"Lorima":

I made a correction/edit to my previous post http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 110#p31912 : the Blumenthal case was based on antitrust law, not RICO law.

There's a whole area of law which tries to prevent abuse of power by monopoly/oligopoly in business. I'll need time to get up to speed on this, but I started a new topic at Lyme Cafe called Antitrust law, with a few links and thoughts to get started, in case anyone else is interested:
http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 249#p31978
And just what are YOUR qualifications to interpret antitrust and/or RICO laws?

And yes, you will need some time to "get up to speed on this"...why don't you report back when you have graduated law school and passed the bar?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu 4 Oct 2012 4:33

Spanky wrote:"Carina":
Are you (like Henry has done many times in this forum) telling us, that ILADS "only" talk about "lingering symptoms" ("post-Lyme syndrome") after treatment?
1. Henry never said that.

2. I am going to ask that the Admin take some action against your constant interruption of discussions with this repetitive off-topic NONSENSE which is extremely RUDE.
You can ask, but you can't DEMAND.

You seem to be the one who came up here with how terms like "chronic Lyme" are supposed to be defined or referred to, and you linked the terms "post-Lyme syndrome" and "chronic Lyme". Carina is entitled to respond and note how the "Deutsche Borreliose-Gesellschaft" (which is on topic) is defining "chronic Lyme". If you did not want to continue discussing that, you could have simply refrained from responding to her.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 4 Oct 2012 5:21

"admin":
And did I DEMAND?

I have asked. I have pleaded. I have PMed the Admin...who hasn't responded. If you have any problem with what I am now saying...remember that you didn't respond to private attempts to address this.

All I can see are repeated pleas...not just in this thread, but in others, for the ADMIN to PLEASE take some role in restraining a clearly abusive and disruptive practice by ONE poster.

Multiple threads have been interrupted by ONE poster inserting the same nonsense into every conceivable opportunity.

Seems to me that the role of an admin is to keep order so that discussion can take place.

If the Admin refuses to keep order so that civilized discussion can take place...there is no reason for anyone with an ounce of sense to continue here and be constantly subjected to this mind-numbing barrage of repetitve dribble.

A few valuable posters have already left. And who can blame them? This is insanity.

No, I don't have the right to DEMAND...but I, and I assume others, are looking to see if continued participation here is worthwhile...or a complete waste of time.

I would like an answer.

Posters here have contributed, besides the Admin, to make this forum what it is. I think that they deserve an answer.
You seem to be the one who came up here with how terms like "chronic Lyme" are supposed to be defined or referred to, and you linked the terms "post-Lyme syndrome" and "chronic Lyme". Carina is entitled to respond and note how the "Deutsche Borreliose-Gesellschaft" (which is on topic) is defining "chronic Lyme". If you did not want to continue discussing that, you could have simply refrained from responding to her.
NO.

I responded to Duncan. And I mentioned how both the IDSA and ILADS refer to the condition FOLLOWING APPROPRIATE treatment. And NOT how late stage Lyme is defined in Europe. That had NOTHING to do with what was being discussed.

Carina's insertion of that, AS USUAL...was NOT ON-TOPIC and created a complete mess. Please don't try to pretend that this is the FIRST time this has happened and been complained about.

What is BIZARRE here, is that the Admin is apparently defending her abuse...especially when she blatantly attacked this forum...AND ITS USERS...accused them of mocking her illness...and couldn't produce anything to support her claim.

Said the place was "scary." So I windup defending LNE and the others here...and you are now blaming me?

You don't understand this tactic? Do you not see that this is deliberate? Intentional? Are you going to allow this to continue?

You are defending this? And I find YOUR suggestion that I could have refrained from responding to be more than a bit hypocritical.

YOU are blaming me for not turning the other cheek because YOU have allowed this to continue?

Well, exactly HOW MANY TIMES do you expect us all to turn the other cheek?

Someone posted here, once, about what if "Lymenuts" took over LNE?

Well, what about it? Is that what you want? What kind of a forum do you want to provide?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu 4 Oct 2012 14:16

Spanky wrote:"admin":
And did I DEMAND?

I have asked. I have pleaded. I have PMed the Admin...who hasn't responded. If you have any problem with what I am now saying...remember that you didn't respond to private attempts to address this.
You seem to think I can, and have to, respond immediately; as if I am always at home, online, and ready to respond to any message or problem immediately without needing to investigate and consider it first.

You sent your first PM in the late afternoon (CET), while I was away from home. When I got home I had dinner, after that I took a shower, and then in the evening I had a meeting with a few people.

While I was at the meeting, you sent your second PM, just 4 and a half hours after the first, with an impatient, rude, aggressive and arrogant tone and some words in capital. In the meantime you also posted messages in this thread with "ADMIN" in huge capitals. The behavior of others doesn't excuse your behavior. You can report posts and posters, but you can't expect the decisions you like. In this particular case I have much more a problem with your attitude and how you handle this.

Spanky wrote:All I can see are repeated pleas...not just in this thread, but in others, for the ADMIN to PLEASE take some role in restraining a clearly abusive and disruptive practice by ONE poster.

Multiple threads have been interrupted by ONE poster inserting the same nonsense into every conceivable opportunity.

Seems to me that the role of an admin is to keep order so that discussion can take place.
There have also been repeated pleas in restraining a clearly abusive and disruptive practice by ONE OTHER poster. Several people also feel that multiple threads have been interrupted by ONE OTHER poster.

If the Admin refuses to keep order so that civilized discussion can take place...there is no reason for anyone with an ounce of sense to continue here and be constantly subjected to this mind-numbing barrage of repetitve dribble.

A few valuable posters have already left. And who can blame them? This is insanity.

No, I don't have the right to DEMAND...but I, and I assume others, are looking to see if continued participation here is worthwhile...or a complete waste of time.
Several people have similar feelings, but have other posters in mind.

inmacdonald

Post by inmacdonald » Thu 4 Oct 2012 15:19

To Resate what I I have stated repeatedly on this forum.

It is a privilege to participate in dialogue on topics related to Lyme Borreliosis
and related topics.

Differences of opinions are expected in any dialogue.

Bias on the part of individual participants is also expected in any dialogue.

None of the Participants here on LNE are Officially Designated SPOKESPERSONS
for any professional organization.

No one with a special degree or life experience has the right to hold court over the
thoughts and ideas of another participant who may have Lyme interest but lacks
so called academic credentials and a Lyme Bibiliography.

We learn from each other.
The topics posted are diverse.
There is intellectual energy and thought provoking discussion on LNE.
We are free to agree or to disagree.
We are free to ignore reading any inidividualposting.

The Number of anonymous Readers of LNE vastly outnumbers the number of
members of LNE who elect to post their thoughts on the LNE forum.

Respectfully ,
alan

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 4 Oct 2012 15:36

"admin":
You sent your first PM in the late afternoon (CET), while I was away from home. When I got home I had dinner, after that I took a shower, and then in the evening I had a meeting with a few people.
NO, NO, NO.

This is NOT the first request for some sort of intervention. This has been going on for months. Don't even try that...

And it's NOT just me, either. Don't try to pin this one on me. You've had one very valuable poster leave. You've had another get so frustrated with the situation that the person told Carina to "STFU". Other posters have tried diplomacy with her. To no avail.

And that...is due to the Admin's lack of action, so far as I'm concerned. This has been going on for a LONG time.
While I was at the meeting, you sent your second PM, just 4 and a half hours after the first, with an impatient, rude, aggressive and arrogant tone and some words in capital. In the meantime you also posted messages in this thread with "ADMIN" in huge capitals. The behavior of others doesn't excuse your behavior. You can report posts and posters, but you can't expect the decisions you like. In this particular case I have much more a problem with your attitude and how you handle this.
I was under the impression that those communications were private. Apparently not. Your lack of respect for the contributors here is not excused, either. And I have a problem with your apparent unwillingness to maintain order. Participation here is voluntary. I have the choice to remove myself and so do others if the Admin simply refuses to respect the contributions of posters by not maintaining order or responding to requests for help.

I don't give a damn about your perception of my "attitude"...what you seem to be objecting to is an expresison of sheer frustration.

For the record...I don't care for yours. I find yours rude and arrogant.
There have also been repeated pleas in restraining a clearly abusive and disruptive practice by ONE OTHER poster. Several people also feel that multiple threads have been interrupted by ONE OTHER poster.
Yeah. And I have NO doubt that is true. You have been around Lymeland almost as long as I have...so you know the drill.

Those that can't argue the facts and the evidence resort to name-calling, taunting and baiting.

You know this as well as I. What does surprise me is how much of this you allow...and simply expect other posters not to respond. There has been a LOT of this going on recently.

It is a deliberate tactic by some to try to suppress viewpoints that cannot effectively counter. You may recall that when I first joined this forum, I was called an assortment of of offensive names simply for inquiring about what Lyme patients were being told about the Jones defense fund.

I am STILL amazed that the Admin took NO action....UNTIL those same posters elevated the fighting to a crisis level.

Yes, this is YOUR forum...and I respect that...that does NOT automatically, though, carry with it respect for your ability to keep order here. You have to EARN that. And frankly...

Right now, I feel as though I am having to do a lot of work just to correct mis-statements and misinformation that is going here on a daily basis. And getting NO help from the Admin. You know, trying to provide accurate information? The "standards of LNE"? Remember all of that nice talk? Well, where has your dedication to the standards of LNE been lately?

Now, right now, I can't see any good reason to put up with this any longer. So...you had better decide if that's what you want.
Several people have similar feelings, but have other posters in mind.
Like I said, I'm sure that's true. If you see posters behaving badly or breaking forum rules...why don't you do something about it? No one has ever said anything to me.

But you have to realize that some have been trying to silence others for some time...and if you want a forum where only one viewpoint is represented...like lymenet.org...you are going to get that, because no one with any sense is going to hang around here and be subjected to this.

X-member

Post by X-member » Thu 4 Oct 2012 16:52

From an earlier post:

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 150#p31987

Admin to Spanky:
Thank you!

Bagge

Post by Bagge » Thu 4 Oct 2012 17:08

Admin,

I don't want to intrude on your decision making, and I am clearly not privy to any private messages that may have been exchanged. However, I would like to reiterate my continued frustration at the nearly incessant and repetitive comments by certain people. It is one thing for someone to attempt to make a point, and another to interject said point into nearly every thread, regardless of the topic, especially without what I feel should be adequate explanation as to the relevance.

Respectfully,
Bagge