Never was nor will be one only infected with Borrelia

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
Martian

Re: Never was nor will be one only infected with Borrelia

Post by Martian » Sat 18 Oct 2014 16:06

Margherita wrote:With regard to sientific evidence that ticks can transmit Bartonella, I found the following study.
I'll repeat what I said on the Dutch Lyme forum about this:

In the study the workers were examined for the presence of antibodies. I don't think one can conclude from the outcomes that Bartonella was transmitted via a bite from a tick.

In my opinion the abstract of the study is creating improper suggestions by incorrect word use and/or the authors are drawing the wrong conclusions.

Margherita wrote:P.S. Perhaps the problem with regard to Bartonella testing is the same as with Borrelia, i.e. the many different strains. Example: can B. Miyamotoi be detected with the actual Western Blot testing?
I don't know.

X-member

Post by X-member » Sat 18 Oct 2014 17:09

From the name of this thread:
infected
Infection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infection

A quote:
Infection is the invasion of a host organism's body tissues by disease-causing agents, their multiplication, and the reaction of host tissues to these organisms and the toxins they produce.
phantasm, can you prove (with scientific studies) that everyone that get infected with borrelia also are infected with something more that they need treatment for?

Margherita

Post by Margherita » Sat 18 Oct 2014 17:34

Martian wrote: I don't think one can conclude from the outcomes that Bartonella was transmitted via a bite from a tick.
Well, where are our scientists waiting for? why not doing a xenodiagnostic trial with Bartonella infected ticks on humans?

ChronicLyme19

Re: B. burgdorferi infection and immune responses

Post by ChronicLyme19 » Sat 18 Oct 2014 17:55

X-member wrote: The only infections that need to be treated are those infections that the body can not handle.

I still agree with admin, you need to prove what you claim with scientific studies.
I second this.
Half of what you are taught is incorrect, but which half? What if there's another half missing?

phantasm

Post by phantasm » Sat 18 Oct 2014 23:31

admin wrote:Previous 26 posts split from topic B. burgdorferi infection and immune responses and moved it to this new topic.

Reason: information and discussion is too off-topic and too off-science.
If everything "Science" had to be quoted from someone else then you are putting yourself in other peoples hands. Actually there is enough research available to connect the dots and make some intelligent conclusions. Otherwise "Science" moves very slow and is almost stagnant and what is the result of that? The result of that is right where the "lyme" dilemma is , nobody is getting better and the doctors and scientists can't tell you exactly why or how to proceed , they will take your money of course.

duncan

Post by duncan » Sat 18 Oct 2014 23:56

Oh for God's sake, phantasm! You seem to have a brain - stop acting like a putz and use it! It's not you against the Establishment. It's not even you against protocol.

It's just basic common sense and knowing when not to over reach. Everybody here who has over reached, including me, including IDSA and ILADS folk alike, are reminded this is a Forum and not a pulpit. It's not a soliloquy, it's a dialogue.

phantasm

Post by phantasm » Sun 19 Oct 2014 1:01

Well I would say , Duncan. I am not the one here trying to define the rules for anyone else , nor am I trying to set approved parameters for discussion ...........you see I believe in a free flow of information. Yes I have a brain, Thank you, did you catch this logic stream?

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... f=7&t=5501

“The moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others. It keeps to its course, but by its very nature, it gently influences. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The moon is faithful to its nature and its power is never diminished.”

-Deng Ming-Dao

duncan

Post by duncan » Sun 19 Oct 2014 2:15

:shock:

Middle school haiku?

No, that can't be right...too long.

Egg Roll night? Got an extra Chinese fortune cookie?

Nope, that doesn't feel right either. Wait, give me one more shot at this...

Kung Fu! Circa 1975! Master Pow eats the wrong mushroom and goes bat-crazy on a bewildered Kwai Chang Caine!

Nailed it!!! Right? C'mon, fess up... ;)

phantasm

Post by phantasm » Sun 19 Oct 2014 5:20

Here Duncan;

I know you posted that you "know what is out there" so you probably already read this but in case you haven't it is especially applicable to your consistent unprovoked attacks on me.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/15-common-d ... ms/0001251

In other words , you need to grow up, as well do some of the other posters here who feel that anything valid has to go through their filter.

X-member

Post by X-member » Sun 19 Oct 2014 16:05

phantasm wrote:
In other words , you need to grow up, as well do some of the other posters here who feel that anything valid has to go through their filter.
It is the same "filter" in the rest of the world.