live blood microscopy

Medical topics with questions, information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
TicksSuck

Re: live blood microscopy

Post by TicksSuck » Tue 28 Apr 2015 19:01

Thank you X-member for your very useful comment.

Sciucca1

Post by Sciucca1 » Mon 14 Sep 2015 12:08

Hi to all,

In the same way, I did perform darkfield microscopy. I am long-time Lyme sufferer, say now more than 14 years, and after long-term multiple antibiotics courses, I was wondering if something was still in blood. Was tested positive in both Elisa and WB (OspC). The protocole (treatment) was given by a French hospital skilled in Lyme disease (Garche Hospital). It alternates macrolides+plaquenil with fluconazole. I have also pulsed therapy consisting in tinidazole every month and ivermictine every two months. Albendazole is also given. Also had one course of Riamet, that did a lot. Just to add something, these videos have been taken after 10 days of zithromax+tinidazole+plaquenil. I use darkfield microscopy (x1000), 1 image per second, 5MP. So I don't have intra second movement on these videos.
I guess it is best to begin with :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUsVAd4n_1c

Looking at the microscope, I saw a large borrelia with granules. I then plugged my camera, but was not able to film the spirochete since it started changing from a form to an other. On the video, it takes less than two minutes to have a cyst form. Note the racket form, and then the round body.

Next, I show a video with what I believe to be different forms of Borrelias. I'm an accademic, but not a microbiologist so, according to works of A. McDonald, and very old works on Syphilis, I have tried to set the focus on atypical forms of borrelia. I have used also images from dr Bozsik especially what he calls the ghost form of borrelia. I have seen only two times spirochetes, (will post it), and some strange forms (Will post it to).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmbMpKwIUk

In living blood, I have also seen what I call a fast moving colony. In this video, the darkfield condenser is not well centered, since I had no time to centered it. It moved so fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xZnbIABqrQ

Next I show different forms of borrelias. Once again I assume that these are borrelias. You can also see :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDOoMmr03oc

at minute 1:11 a racket form on the screen, and coming out from a cell, on the extreme left a large and brillant form.
I would really appreciate any comments/feedbacks about these videos, to know if these are really borrelias or not. If yes, this is some kind of proof of persitence, but also disappointing for me, given the all the time spent taking drugs. Anyway, if these are Borellias, this may explain why I do relapse within a a week when stopping antibiotics courses.
To end, I have also the intuition that tinidazole also release bacteria from the body.

With my best regards

Jean

Ps. Full videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/fsciucca/videos

hv808ct

Post by hv808ct » Tue 15 Sep 2015 0:17

Post by Sciucca1 » Mon 14 Sep 2015 12:08

In the same way, I did perform darkfield microscopy. I am long-time Lyme sufferer, say now more than 14 years, and after long-term multiple antibiotics courses.
Listen my friend, if you’re bleeding yourself in a search for evidence of bacteremia then likely you’re only a step or two away from doing your own dentistry and removing suspect moles with a steak knife. If you think you’ve had an active bloodstream infection for 14 years or so, relax, it’s clearly not hurting you—not anymore than the aging process will. On the other hand, you do have a medical problem, and it has little to do with darkfield microscopy and bacteremia. You need to talk with someone in the field of psychiatry before you actually do give yourself an infection. And a real infection isn’t going to take 14 years to run its course.

duncan

Post by duncan » Tue 15 Sep 2015 2:16

hv808ct - you effortlessly manage to be simultaneously incorrect and insulting.

I suspect it is attitudes such as reflected in hv808ct's post above that have resulted in the profound failure of supporters of mainstream Lyme to appeal to patients...as well as alienating clinicians...and giving rise to a new and exciting breed of independent researchers.

These attitudes may speak to an insensitivity to the plight of patients, and an inability to appreciate patients' longing to secure answers where entrenched dogma has failed them. They also seem to hint at an insecurity about the Science.

This is another reason why mainstream Lyme will ultimately be replaced.

Sciucca1

Post by Sciucca1 » Tue 15 Sep 2015 6:07

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for answering. You did it in a way that close the non sense discussion with hv808ct.
I just would just like to add some things. hv808ct, first, we are on a very good lyme forum, so just try to ask to yourself why people are here. Second, I think we are all here to search and share, not to be insulted or hurted by this kind of answers, that has nothing to deal with science and totally ignores recent advances in this field. Third, I asked a question, searching for clues. So either you look and answer or say nothing.
Darkfield microscopy is used by many scientists on treated infected blood patients, most of them have reported findings especially about atypical forms of borrelia, that can give some clues to the ongoing disease (eg Miklossy, 2008). See also the excellent works of A. McDonald, Dr Bozsik, Dr.Perronne among other. Are they all mad?????????
I m an accademic and I can tell you that science is made of facts, and facts are here to prove an idea you had. Taking a picture, after long term antibiotics, and finding an atypical form of borrelia is a fact. I just wanted to submit this to this community, and then discuss the theory behind. That is science my friend. Having an idea, searching, finding and sharing for things to go on. That what I wanted to discuss about on this forum. If I m correct, it shows both persistence and that continuous long term antibiotics may not be the answer. See Dr Lewis and also Zhang about persisters. So please look at the videos, and compare it with recent work. And please, my username is Sciucca1, not "my friend", what clearly I m not. If you are a lyme sufferer and you are in such a denial process......
Honestly, I didn t expect such an answer.
This ends my discussion with you, unless you have something to propose.

For the other members if this forum, I will be very interested in having feedback/ discussion about these findings. I think I am not the only one dealing with microscopy.....
With my best regards
Jean

X-member

Post by X-member » Tue 15 Sep 2015 16:46

Sciucca1 wrote earlier:
For the other members if this forum, I will be very interested in having feedback/ discussion about these findings. I think I am not the only one dealing with microscopy....
Yes, those are forms that the borrelia bacteria can take.

You can find many pictures of borrelia bacteria in many threads in this forum. I link to some of them:

Spirochetal hieroglyphics

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 640#p26720

Info about Lyme round bodies (cyst form)

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... f=7&t=3573

Structure of Biofilms of Borrelia Lecture link

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... =30#p26839

Sciucca1

Post by Sciucca1 » Tue 15 Sep 2015 17:17

Thanks X-member, no a huge thanks!!! For a confirmation of persistence, this is a confirmation ! Amazing how borrelias do not seem to care about antibiotics....Was wondering whether some strains were more resistant to antibiotics. I was said by my MD, who is a highly recognized professor, that it was not well suited to perform a darkfield analysis, because after all this years and these treatments, all was sequestered in tissues, and not in blood. Wonder also to what extent tinidazole releases bacteria in blood before killing. Anyway, maybe time to think to a more efficient treatment.

Best

Jean

Sciucca1

Post by Sciucca1 » Tue 15 Sep 2015 17:33

Thanks X-member, no a huge thanks!!! For a confirmation of persistence, this is a confirmation ! Amazing how borrelias do not seem to care about antibiotics....Was wondering whether some strains were more resistant to antibiotics. I was said by my MD, who is a highly recognized professor, that it was not well suited to perform a darkfield analysis, because after all this years and these treatments, all was sequestered in tissues, and not in blood. Wonder also to what extent tinidazole releases bacteria in blood before killing. Anyway, maybe time to think to a more efficient treatment.

Best

Jean

Just had a carefull look at your link. I knew the work about syphilis. Once again, A. MacDonald is authoritative on this subject, and you to, it seems to me.

Martian

Post by Martian » Tue 15 Sep 2015 18:11

Sciucca1 wrote:For a confirmation of persistence, this is a confirmation !
If it was so simple as that, we would have seen it established with several scientific publications, but I have not seen that. So, apparently it isn't so easy to spot Borreliae with dark-field microscopy, especially after treatment.

Therefore it is remarkable that so many people find so easily supposedly Borreliae and other pathogens in various forms in a drop of blood, regularly not even with a proper dark-field microscope and people who often haven't studied (medical) microbiology and lack professional experience working with a dark-field microscope. I find this questionable.

X-member

Post by X-member » Tue 15 Sep 2015 18:21

I wrote:
Yes, those are forms that the borrelia bacteria can take.
This is not a confirmation that what you have found really is borrelia bacteria.