be very wary of new lyme book!!!

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
cave76

Re: be very wary of new lyme book!!!

Postby cave76 » Thu 15 May 2008 15:37

She resorts to a tried and true way of catching your attention while not actually offering anything resembling facts---- Tabloid Tactics.

See:
http://backissues.cjrarchives.org/year/ ... tucher.asp

These are used in all mega-gossip articles, not least of which is the National Enquirer.

[Example: WAS HITLER A CROSS-DRESSER?]

1. The Write around

2. The Innuendo and Half Truth

3. And her specialty : Questions Asked But Not Answered

Here are some of them:

[Source: Posted by Connie Killabugger
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
The Demographics Of Healing ]

Do you ever wonder who are the souls that find permanent healing from chronic Lyme disease? I mean, what healed them?

What kind of people are they?

How do they live? Do they work?

What is their home life like?

What is their history of trauma?

Are they mostly men, or women?

Could we learn a thing or two about what it takes to heal if we understood their demographics?

rlstanley

Postby rlstanley » Thu 15 May 2008 17:36

Press release: http://www.pr.com/press-release/85340

excerpt:
Ms. Strasheim's writing style and the knowledge she conveyed in the blog attracted the attention of a publisher, Bryan Rosner, the founder of BioMed Publishing Group. Mr. Rosner asked her to organize her findings and articles into a book. Ms. Strasheim completed the book while living near the rain forest in Costa Rica (she speaks fluent Spanish), a place she had moved to, in part, to find healing. The book’s forward is written by Dr. James Schaller, M.D., a Lyme-literate physician and author of over twenty-five books, including several on Lyme disease co-infections.

cave76

Postby cave76 » Thu 15 May 2008 18:26

FYI---BioMed Publishing Group MAY consist of just two people: Bryan and his wife Leila Kamph.

Interesting that they picked a name similar to BioMed Central. I guess that's what you get when you're big into adsense (google) and SEO (Search Engined Optimization) groups. They help you get the best name for any searches. (= $$)

Go to: http://www.condesainc.com/

We’ve been busy working on service upgrades and new features for PR Leap. Occasionally, we found the time to write some helpful press release optimization articles for the PR Leap Blog.

Fin24

Postby Fin24 » Thu 15 May 2008 19:56

IMHO Schaller will write a blurb for any author for a FEE and he has a tete a tete with Rosner and friends so I dont take his (or anyone's ) blurbs as meaning anything

even movie reviews are a pay per item and often faked!!!

when I worked with a prominent researcher at Rutger's do you know how much mail we grad students went thru asking/begging for his blurb???? it was insane to see...and the range of fees they offered too!!!

Since then I never read any of it. You cant be impressed after you know those few lines were SOLD and often the writer of the review hasnt even read the manuscript!!!

as for mark up--found a little tidbit by Bryan himself in a publishing/marketing interview that he was glad to find a way to lower his costs to $2.50 US a book--so WHY charge nearly $25 for Connie's??? He wasnt making much money as a realtor and scrambled for a way to cash in---and after a few connections with internet marketers--well...connect the dots.

and he was running out of material , hasnt published anything since the "Top Ten Treatments" which btw I actually bought wanting to give it a fair shake--and I can absolutely tell you it was NOT a top ten and it was a rehash of already available info and NOT in any fashion anything new---and such a brief overview ( zero depth/detail) that if it was a 10th grade term paper Id have graded it with a C maybe C+ at best!!!...and I felt used--like why did I buy this?? So not wanting to write another wasted volume he hears about Connie thru the grapevine that connects Lymestrategises, Rife, Salt/C and similar ilk and of course he had Connie to mentor!!! its money for both of them!!

Do you think if a valid publisher thought it was a good book she would have turned them down?? Did she even try to sell elsewhere??

I dont mind anyone authoring and hoping to make some money off their challenges but its the WAY one does it that makes me say "wait"

and the cult like character within that close knit group has my eyebrow raised--their own publisher, etc

and Cave is right about marketing techniques--right off the pages and so obvious to those willing to look

and the stuff about him being a "prolific Lyme author and expert" other than Rife what does he know??
and his books are "best sellers" according to his own press releases yet claims about 7,000 sold in total...not even in the small Lyme community can that be called " best seller"...yet they use that to promote him and his people.

sigh

colored smoke......wave of a silk cloth....ooohhh...aaahhhh...Im convinced--NOT

F

Claudia

Postby Claudia » Thu 15 May 2008 20:16

Fin24 wrote:

and he was running out of material , hasnt published anything since the "Top Ten Treatments"

He authored a new book recently on the alleged Lyme-Autism connection, and some compilation, year in review "2008: Lyme Disease Annual Report."

It's a whole cottage industry for him.

Boomerang

Postby Boomerang » Fri 16 May 2008 3:06

Oh my gosh!! Unbelievable.

It is sad that many innocent, sick people will read her blog and take it as the gospel.

cave76

Postby cave76 » Sat 17 May 2008 4:27

Connie Killbug (is that her REAL name?) is all over YouTube, like stink on -----er, um, never mind.

That woman is determined! Imagine the harm she can do to people who suspect Lyme and find her misinformation!

cave76

Postby cave76 » Sat 17 May 2008 16:26

Back to Connie Strasheim:

*****n an e-mail interview Strasheim said, "And so in the last year, I organized on my own two missions to Ecuador and Guatemala ... Along with sharing Christ, we distributed thousands of dollars worth of donations to orphanages in Ecuador and a village in Guatemala called Tizate."

Michael Troy and other friends have accompanied Strasheim on some of her adventures.
When (Connie) goes to a village or a country she stays (there) until God has finished doing what it was He wanted her to see and do."

Observing Strasheim first hand at work on the mission field, Troy said he has seen in her "A relentless effort to share her Lord and Saviour with others who would rather spit in her face."

He added, "When the Lord created Connie He blessed her with the gift of evangelism.
Strasheim said her missionary adventures have been very rewarding.
Her trips have enriched her life, Strasheim said.*****

From Zoominfo:

http://tinyurl.com/6kxcld

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon 19 May 2008 15:05

I have merged the 3 topics with the same starting post, which were posted in Medical, General, and Lyme Café. It is not helpful to post the same message in more than one forum, in fact it can lead to confusion.

Martian

Postby Martian » Mon 19 May 2008 18:41

cave76 wrote:Interesting that they picked a name similar to BioMed Central. I guess that's what you get when you're big into adsense (google) and SEO (Search Engined Optimization) groups. They help you get the best name for any searches. (= $$)

Go to: http://www.condesainc.com/

Please elaborate what you mean, because I don't get it. Is condesainc.com involved with Bryan Rosner?

Back to Connie "Killabug", I just noticed her name on lymecommunity.com:
Watch Connie Strasheim, author of "The Lyme Disease Survival Guide," on her new video blog!

Connie Strasheim's Lyme Disease Video Blog: http://lymecommunity.com/forums/ubbthre ... /35/page/1

Return to “General Topics”