be very wary of new lyme book!!!

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
cave76

Re: be very wary of new lyme book!!!

Post by cave76 » Mon 19 May 2008 21:30

martian asked: Please elaborate what you mean, because I don't get it. Is condesainc.com involved with Bryan Rosner?
Probably. :) It was just where my mind and my fingers took me while surfing the gyre. It's how my mind works (or doesn't)----- very tangentially. Stick with me, baby, and it will all become clear one of these days!

:D :bonk:

Or not.

Hint: it's one of the 'marketing' places people like our Kluster Kiddies go when looking for new ways to emarket their junk.

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Tue 20 May 2008 7:18

im back--sorta--couldnt help but post about Connie and her missionary tactics..of that I am personally apprised-

I was damned to hell for simply questioning one of her cult...oops group...when I uncovered this person diagnosing and selling her cures without so much as a high school diploma--and pretending to be a health professional...shame on me

and when those on lymestrategies started a hate fest and even took me to task for MY religious beliefs that same groups was right there as well-seems there is only one way to be spiritual to them.

so of course similar tactics: brainwash people, insist they need your G-d or else what????, ( insist they need your book...or else what???) and sell sell sell--being a missionary is part of the training..and I see no difference--missionary to God or to bryan and Biomed--or even both at same time---sell sell sell

and did I see Bryan writing about autism?? with none other than Tami Duncan>?? interesting teamwork and scary given that Tami has said she thinks maybe most if not all Autism can be attributed to Lyme!!!

what does bryan even know about autism?? and given the previous and ongoing connection of Tami and the same group of missionaries well it was only a matter of time before they would run off together as well!!Tami had as a major speaker for last years LIA conference none other than that same health professional with ahem questionable creds, and when I provided to her proof of the less than credible credentials--her response was a very "so what I "believe" in her, she is Christian" ....very pragmatic and valid for a leader of a group that states it wants to find cures for autism...attach themselves to charlatans..in the name of religion !?!?

as for the yearly report??? what a pretentious load of donkey poop---again of course its part of the 'market something you can resell ad nauseum' technic...

Im sure he still will repeat his very annoying writing style used for Top 10...every chapter he says " wish I could say more but youll have to buy and read my first book..."
buy my book, buy my book...oh please buy my book so I dont have to sell another house for daddy...

as for Cave's allusions to marketing sites,
many of the emarketing sites of how to make money off target groups say the same thing and it was funny at first to see nearly every darn hint/suggestion taken by BioMed to market their wares--then it got not so funny when many Lymies were the target and many fell prey!!
find a vulnerable group-check
use a group you are personally involved with for credibility- check
write enough but not so much they wont buy more- check
if you have or experience what target do, even better- check
if not, fudge it ( a relative or a friend may have had the target's problem/ills etc)
each book mention your other books so theyll need to buy them too- check
mention in posts everywhere -check
place as signature in posts that prohibit ads/selling-double check
when challenged- whine that theyr attacking you-triple check
I could go on but then Id have to charge you a consulting fee.LOL

the link Cave put is LOADED with " press release optimi8zation" and wow wouldnt you know--exactly what good ol Connie did...good girl

does that alone make this slimy??? no--but its insidious and insulting given the fact that WE are theyre "target" group--kind of like having a relative try to get you into a MLM thing...after youve said "no"

and theyre not even providing a good product for the money and theyre suppoprting many irresponsible things like RIFE etc..so irresponsible, biased authorship + slimy marketing + shameless targeting of vulnerables = SNAKE

F

rlstanley

Post by rlstanley » Sun 1 Jun 2008 1:27

Table of contents: http://www.lymebook.com/lyme-disease-su ... nts-connie

Snippets:
Chapter 1: Protocols for Healing Lyme Disease

Finding Your Healing Path in a Labyrinth of Possibilities 17
Seven Primary Protocols Defined 18
MMS—Miracle Mineral Supplement, the Latest (and Greatest?) Pathogen Killer 21
Can Your Body Heal Itself? The Power Behind Immune Response Training 22
Changing Your Cellular Behavior with Quantum Techniques 23
Bioresonance and Similar Energy Therapies 25
Formulating a Pharmaceutical Antibiotic Plan to Combat Borrelia 27
Herbal and Pharmaceutical Remedies for Babesia, Bartonella and Ehrlichia 29
Beat Lyme Disease with the Electromagnetic Energy of Rife Machines 32
Colloidal Silver, a Tested and True Antimicrobial Remedy 34
Treating Your Mold and Candida to Heal from Lyme Disease 35

Chapter 2: Detoxification Strategies

The Liver 39
Cleansing with Beets and Coffee 39
Another Easygoing Flush 40
Unloading the Liver’s Burden with Nutrients 41
The Skin, Kidneys and Lymphatic System 43
Cleansing the Kidneys with Tea and Herbs 43
Sweating Out Toxins with Sauna Therapy 44
Helping Traffic on Your Lymphatic Highway with Body Brushing 45
Additional Strategies 46
Eliminating Stealth Toxins from Your Diet and Household 46
The Deleterious Effects of Neurotoxins and How to Remove Them 48
Factors Affecting Your Body’s Ability to Remove Toxins 49

SNIP

Why It’s Good to Blast Critters on the Full Moon 103
You Don’t Need to Know about Every Little Infection in Your Body to Heal 104
Trusting Your Gut when Making a Game Plan 106
Getting Rid of the Inner Quack and Learning to Trust Alternative Medicine 107
LymeLand has come to this? Doesn't this kind of ongoing stuff piss you off?

No wonder no one takes Lyme patients seriously.

Get rid of your Inner Quack? You get rid of it by tossing this kind of rubbish as far as you can.

Pathetic.

Rita

Martian

Post by Martian » Sun 1 Jun 2008 13:04

rlstanley wrote:LymeLand has come to this? Doesn't this kind of ongoing stuff piss you off?
Wow, the first thing I noticed was the similarities between the top scoring "dubious methods" from your recent poll and those "protocols" discussed in that book. Not a big surprise that a whole chapter is dedicated to detoxification, which is a real hype the last years. (not only for Lyme).

But the chapter titles "Why It’s Good to Blast Critters on the Full Moon" and "Getting Rid of the Inner Quack and Learning to Trust Alternative Medicine" are really amazing and sort of hilarious.

In one word: UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!

Claudia

Post by Claudia » Sun 1 Jun 2008 15:09

Rita wrote:
Doesn't this kind of ongoing stuff piss you off?
Yes, it does. It is sickening.
Martin wrote:
Not a big surprise that a whole chapter is dedicated to detoxification, which is a real hype the last years. (not only for Lyme).
This is the single topic/claim that bothers me the most, as Rita said about another bogus topic (pH balancing), "it makes my teeth hurt." The gullibility and ignorance of people not using common sense, never mind a basic understanding of biology, chemistry and physiology, is staggering when it comes to these alleged, unproven, unnamed toxins and the supposed benefits of different detoxification strategies in LymeLand. Every quack product and practitioner uses this unsubstantiated gimmick as a marketing ploy.

LymeEnigma

Post by LymeEnigma » Sun 1 Jun 2008 20:53

The problem is we're dealing with people who are very smooth at brainwashing; they know their target audience is desperate, and they know what said people want to hear (i.e. we have cured others, and we can cure you) ... and when they get groups of people involved, with cliques and online/offline politics, it just becomes an entity of its own. I think the big question, for all of us who do see red over such issues, is: How do we take on this "hive mind" monster?

cave76

Post by cave76 » Sun 1 Jun 2008 21:48

LE said:
How do we take on this "hive mind" monster?
I think we're doing a little of it here. But it's small potatoes compared to the eMarketeering of Rosner, Scott, Connie. It spreads like wild fire: Or fungus.

Then there are the CultMistresses like G.G. How she became deified I have no idea. Go figure. :)

rlstanley

Post by rlstanley » Mon 2 Jun 2008 3:51

How do we take on this "hive mind" monster?
You will fully and steadfastly refuse to become assimiliated.
Last edited by rlstanley on Sat 12 Nov 2011 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

Martian

Re: be very wary of new lyme book!!!!

Post by Martian » Fri 15 Aug 2008 13:57

The book's title is "The Lyme Disease Survival Guide" by Connie Strasheim. I wonder if it is coincidence that this book's title resembles the honoured Tom Grier's "Lyme Disease Survival Manual".

cave76

Post by cave76 » Fri 15 Aug 2008 15:42

Martian wrote:
The book's title is "The Lyme Disease Survival Guide" by Connie Strasheim. I wonder if it is coincidence that this book's title resembles the honoured Tom Grier's "Lyme Disease Survival Manual".
Was that rhetorical? :mrgreen:

Of course it's not coincidence. Another great example is by Bryan who 'thought up' the name Biomed Publishing for his 2 person publishing 'company'.

BioMed Central

BioMed Diagnostics

LA BioMed

Journal of Biomedical Discovery and Collaboration

Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library

------- on and

So, BioMed Publishing sounds impressive also.

Just as some of the hive have insinuated their way into photo-ops behind someone of importance, like Pat Smith or such, and then used that photo to suggest a connection.

Another title of Bryan's is:

The 2008 Lyme Disease Annual Report

Doesn't that just reek (I use that word deliberately) of a gov't report?

They have NO shame.