be very wary of new lyme book!!!

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
Claudia

Re: be very wary of new lyme book!!!

Post by Claudia » Wed 4 Aug 2010 1:44

Rita posted:
FDA Warns Consumers of Serious Harm from Drinking Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS)

Product Contains Industrial Strength Bleach

FDA NEWS RELEASE - For Immediate Release: July 30, 2010

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... =12&t=3144
:woohoo:

Claudia

Post by Claudia » Wed 4 Aug 2010 15:45

:lol: :
From Connie Strasheim's blog and marketing web site:

Late last year, however, I decided to try MMS, Miracle Mineral Supplement, and this chemical threw my body for a loop. I herxed significantly from it for three months, and the increased symptoms I experienced during this time proved to me that my infections were yet present and that I still had layers of borrelia to kill off...

... When I start MMS again, I may once again feel poorly and doubt how much I have healed. This seems to happen whenever I herx; I doubt progress. But what we all need to remember is how good we feel on those days when we aren't herxing, because this is a more accurate indicator of progress than how we feel on the days when we herx. When you herx, you don't feel good, no matter what!

http://www.lymebytes.blogspot.com/
:bonk:
From the FDA Warning News Release:

The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration.

Martian

Post by Martian » Wed 4 Aug 2010 16:07

The Stupid, It Herx

Claudia

Post by Claudia » Wed 4 Aug 2010 16:14

:lol: @Martian. Indeed, it does!

rlstanley

Post by rlstanley » Wed 4 Aug 2010 16:21

Claudia:
From Connie Strasheim's blog and marketing web site:
Late last year, however, I decided to try MMS, Miracle Mineral Supplement, and this chemical threw my body for a loop. I herxed significantly from it for three months....
Indeed, when combining MMS and the LymeLand 'herx', you have a potent mix that encourages people to harm themselves.

Google 'lyme mms herx' and you find lots of 'herxes' going on: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... +lyme+herx

example:

http://www.lymecommunity.com/forums/ubb ... umber=3260

MMS may be effective in chronic lyme

ahmet
Loc: turkey
Experienced Member

03/31/08 07:15 AM

i have used mms for one week. i didn t notice any herx rxn as yesterday.i tried to increase mms dose yesterday . i took 30 drops a day mms.i decided to take 45 drops mms/day. i noticed herx reaction after take 23 drops mms . my fatigue, depression and anxiety is increased after 23 drops mms .
i used many treatments for lyme so far. antibiotic(one years), samento didn t make herx reaction
this condition is encouraged to me. i hope, it will help me. ahmet
--------------------------

ahmet

04/09/08 11:31 AM

MMS herx has been very bad and horrific for me.my anxiety was unbearable.
i can t recommend to raise MMS dose so rapidly. MMS is very effective and strong

--------------------------

ahmet

04/14/08 11:56 AM

my herx subsided after 10 days. i had discontinued MMS 12 days ago.
i have began to use MMS two days ago with one drop.i have raised 8 drops today and my anxiety and depression slightly increased. (i apologise for my english)
i think i continue 8 drop a day until subside my anx and depression and then i will increase slowly MMS dose
---------------------

Rich_skiweasel7
Forum Veteran
04/14/08 01:29 PM

Thank you for keeping us updated (and thanks to Steve too). I'm keeping an eye on MMS. It does sound promising, but also maybe too powerful. Hopefully your herx was not horrific the whole 10 days.

Thanks again and keep us posted,
Rich (skiweasel7)
--------------------

ahmet
04/15/08 05:22 AM

thank you Rich

i will keep on updated . yes it does sound promising . antibiotic(rochepin 8 month 2 gram day, doxy, ketek, roxytromicin
samento, resveratrol, andrographus, sarsapirilla didn t show any benefit to me and these drugs didn t make really herx)
Last edited by rlstanley on Thu 5 Aug 2010 0:00, edited 3 times in total.

rlstanley

Post by rlstanley » Wed 4 Aug 2010 16:33

Another 'MMS herx':

http://kurtsprotocol.blogspot.com/2009/ ... r-cfs.html
Initially, I followed the protocol suggested in Jim Humble's eBook, and worked up my dose by adding a drop or two each day. When I got to about 9 drops I started noticing some pretty strong symptoms. Then I had a problem measuring a dose, and added a few extra drops, I believe I had about 12 drops that day. The resulting Herx 'knocked my socks off.'
Anyway, here is where I have ended up. The larger doses just are way too much. The detox from the herx becomes unbearable after a few days at 5-6 drops. And I have noticed that when I take regular days off MMS, lower doses produce a productive herx and give me just as much energy boost and 'good feeling' as daily higher doses, but without as much herx detox problems.
I continue using many of the same herx self-treatments I have used for years, and written about previously. This includes self-talk, which I find helpful when the herx gets bad sometimes. The herx from this CFS MMS protocol seems delayed, sometimes it hits 8 hours after the dose, and sometimes it hits 24-36 hours later. I have not found any particular pattern to that, except that with the lower dosing the herx is more tolerable if and when it does hit.

rlstanley

Post by rlstanley » Wed 4 Aug 2010 23:26

More 'advice' on the MMS Herx:

http://lymebytes.blogspot.com/2008/01/n ... e-mms.html
...it means that bugs are dying and that I don’t have to devise some intelligent dosing regimen to perpetuate a herx reaction. And my current experience is lending credibility to a theory I’ve been chewing on for awhile—namely, that if I back down on my MMS dose for a few days and then ramp up to the dose I was taking previously, I get sick, especially around the full moon.... My experience is teaching me that whatever dose I ramp up to, if I stay at that dose for a good week or two, cut it in half for another week, then immediately return to the previous dose, then I am sure to get a herx reaction.
My gut feeling is that most everyone who takes MMS, Lyme or no Lyme, will experience a herx reaction because we all have infections, whether we realize it or not. Also, the intensity of a herx may not necessarily be indicative of the severity of illness. It may, in fact, demonstrate the opposite, since a strong immune system can mount a stronger response to infection.
Thus, if your current dose of MMS is starting to bore you; that is, if you are no longer herxing nor improving on it, then I encourage you to experiment with cutting back on your dose for a few days, or a week, and then ramp up quickly to the dose you were at before.
Oh yes: http://phaelosopher.wordpress.com/2007/ ... chemistry/
Thought it might help a few here to take the edge off of the herxing. Bet 2-3 drops of colloidal silver added in wd be great too, and possibly Lugol’s iodine. Chlorine Dioxide is a carrier and a killer.

Claudia

Post by Claudia » Fri 6 Aug 2010 15:46

Rita, those 'MMS herx' quotes are hilarious!

Martian

Post by Martian » Fri 6 Aug 2010 15:58

Claudia wrote:Rita, those 'MMS herx' quotes are hilarious!
Here's another good laugh: Google search query: "herx from hell"

"About 9,360 results"...

(Though not specifically about MMS)

phantasm

Post by phantasm » Sat 27 Dec 2014 15:50