Burning pain

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
Huck

Re: Burning pain

Post by Huck » Thu 2 Aug 2007 21:03

Yvonne wrote:
When I tried it the 1st time with 500 mg I got pretty bad CNS symptoms (a herx maybe) so now I'm trying to do it more carefully.
Which symptoms did you have exactly then?

?
Baaaad anxiety. But I'm having it now again, though I upped the dose to only 250 mg. I must be very sensitive.

Yvonne

Post by Yvonne » Fri 3 Aug 2007 9:36

Martian wrote:
Yvonne wrote:Do you feel already a kind of reaction ?
I think so, but not significantly, so it's hard to tell whether this is not the normal "waxing and waning".
Yes, sometimes it is difficult to know if it is a herx, or side effect of the ABX or normal lyme disease symptoms.

I hope the ABX do their work and that you feel a lot better when have finished with it.
Listen to all,
plucking a feather from every passing goose,
but follow no one absolutely

Yvonne

Post by Yvonne » Fri 3 Aug 2007 9:48

Huck wrote:
Yvonne wrote:
When I tried it the 1st time with 500 mg I got pretty bad CNS symptoms (a herx maybe) so now I'm trying to do it more carefully.
Which symptoms did you have exactly then?

?
Baaaad anxiety. But I'm having it now again, though I upped the dose to only 250 mg. I must be very sensitive.
Oh , that sounds unpleasent. Some people have that sort reaction as a kind of a Herx:

This Herxheimer-like reaction may be experienced as a worsening of psychiatric symptoms: some patients in our sample experienced panic attacks for the first and only time when starting on antibiotics. Others have reported an intensification of depressive symptoms, suicidality or anxiety. Many reported an increased startle response and photophobia during the first few days of antibiotic treatment.

http://www.lymenet.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17362#17362

I hope it will go better soon, so that you can set up the doses of clarithromycin and that it will be succesfull.
Listen to all,
plucking a feather from every passing goose,
but follow no one absolutely