Introducing myself

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
seanna

Introducing myself

Post by seanna » Fri 28 Nov 2008 16:29

Hi there,

I am new to the board and thought I'd introduce myself. I was going to post myself as a "LymeNet" defector but didn't think the humor would be appreciated. I cannot believe such a website (LN) is actually for real. There is so much negativity, in-fighting, stupid topics (Bionic whatever) even a fellow that posts his "experiments"--I am shocked and totally annoyed.

Sorry for this vent, I am looking forward to a more "balanced" approach. My doctor does combine abx with supplements and I know all about the candida diet. I don't feel comfortable with "whacky" approaches, crystals or things like that.

Other forms of things such as IRT are totally unproven and I would never support a site that even tolerated this and the other nonsense.

I've been sick for 5 1/2 years, misdiagnosed and so am starting treatment pretty late. I only hope I can learn from each and every one of you and keep a positive attitude (as not to bring anybody down) and get away from a lot of weird approaches from people who aren't even sick in the first place (my opinion only).

Look forward to interacting with you soon!

Claudia

Re: Introducing myself

Post by Claudia » Fri 28 Nov 2008 18:35

Welcome to LNE, seanna!

seanna

Post by seanna » Fri 28 Nov 2008 19:41

Thanks Claudia, nice to meet you! :D

Riannabri

Post by Riannabri » Fri 28 Nov 2008 20:07

[quote="seanna") I don't feel comfortable with "whacky" approaches, crystals or things like that.

Hi Seanna,

Nice to meet you.

I could not have said it better myslef and as you probably read I did say exactly that on LNUSA (or something similar) and gor BLASTED.

So here is to optamism, Antibiotics/Detox/Herbs THAT WORK and that are clinically trialled and NO WHACK MACHINES OR CYSTALS.

Again Great to meet you
Rianna

seanna

Post by seanna » Fri 28 Nov 2008 20:57

I'm afraid my Lyme-brain posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry, still learning!

Nice to meet you to Rianna, hope we get the chance to "chat" in the future! Here's to better health all around.

JKMO3

Post by JKMO3 » Sun 30 Nov 2008 8:00

Hi Seana,

I'm new on this site too :)

Welcome!

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Tue 2 Dec 2008 3:08

Seanna said "There is so much negativity, in-fighting, stupid topics (Bionic whatever) even a fellow that posts his "experiments"--I am shocked and totally annoyed."

Well they can't blame their problems on us anymore.

Welcome to the Sense and Sensibility board.

Edited to add-well Seanna, no need for Font Abuse- at least you're in the General vicinity. nyuck nyuck nyuck
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

Curiouser

Post by Curiouser » Tue 2 Dec 2008 14:22

Seanna, welcome to the board!

seanna

Post by seanna » Wed 3 Dec 2008 3:34

Thank you all for your warm welcome, I already like your sense of humor!! No but seriously you guys seem so *knowledgeable*, my non-scientific mind has many questions, perhaps some too simple???

Claudia

Post by Claudia » Wed 3 Dec 2008 18:16

seanna,

Please feel welcome and free to ask any questions that you want here. No question is too simple, we are all always learning, and people just visiting this board that are new to Lyme disease can benefit from all levels of insight, discussion and information.