Sneaky Scott does it again-----

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
cave76

Sneaky Scott does it again-----

Post by cave76 » Sun 28 Dec 2008 17:45

.... but I can't figure it out. Was Burrascano consulted about this? Or.......??

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultima ... 1;t=075793

Martian

Re: Sneaky Scott does it again (hosts new guidelines BURRASCANO)

Post by Martian » Sun 28 Dec 2008 18:03

Here is the other thread about "DR. BURRASCANO - New October 2008 16th Edition Guidelines": http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb ... 1;t=075790

What the bleep is going on here?! :shock:

WHY is the 16th edition (October, 2008) of Burrascano's "ADVANCED TOPICS IN LYME DISEASE - DIAGNOSTIC HINTS AND TREATMENT GUIDELINES FOR LYME AND OTHER TICK BORNE ILLNESSES" hosted at the website of Scott F.?!

While at the ILADS page http://www.ilads.org/guidelines.html you can not find this new version?!

:bonk:

Fin24

Re: Sneaky Scott does it again-----

Post by Fin24 » Sun 28 Dec 2008 22:31

here is an idea--EMAIL scott and ask him--he will undoubtedly have a slippery excuse OR even better CALL or email Burrascano -some on here have his contact info and I believe a colleen nicholson brags she is burrascano's research assistant ( dont get me started on that) and so SHE would have to know what gives

lets nail them if there is something to this

and since Im tired of being the resident mole/agent trying to get information out of others, maybe someone else will volunteer???

whomever tries to email--let us know so we dont all send out dozens which may be construed as harrrassment

and of course the responses too

OneGuest

Post by OneGuest » Sun 28 Dec 2008 22:32

nor is it on LDA.

Aside from the implications of SF's actions.....and not even "sharing" for the betterment of
the lyme community.......no public notice, no mailing list notice...

the old Burrascano Guidelines were listed as pubmed listing...so they have to be published first maybe?
(before ILADS puts them up?)

Also, the older guidelines are labelled as "evidence based". These new guidelines do not say that, and the only references are to the 2004 guidelines,(which do call themselves evidence based) plus a few others.
This new guide just calls itself:
Advanced Topics.....hints and treatment guidelines

There may be a legal or professional reason for not putting this on ILADS or LDA.

Plus, how much is really different? Maybe there is not enough change from the older version.

None of this answers why there are only 2 places this can be found, one of which is SF website. The other was a link to a pdf, but website unknown.
Which is really interesting...

OneGuest

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Sun 28 Dec 2008 22:44

ummm if all we do is muse and stew then info cant be had

isnt there ANYONE else willing to do the dirt y work??

Martian

Post by Martian » Sun 28 Dec 2008 22:52

OneGuest wrote:the old Burrascano Guidelines were listed as pubmed listing...so they have to be published first maybe?
(before ILADS puts them up?)
I don't see the Burrascano guidelines listed in PubMed.

The Burrascano's guidelines have been published in Conn’s Current Therapy 1997.
OneGuest wrote:Also, the older guidelines are labelled as "evidence based". These new guidelines do not say that, and the only references are to the 2004 guidelines,(which do call themselves evidence based) plus a few others.
This new guide just calls itself:
Advanced Topics.....hints and treatment guidelines
I don't see an "evidence based" label on the 2002 and 2005 versions or Burrascano's guidelines. Do older versions have this label or are you confusing them with the ILADS guidelines?

OneGuest

Post by OneGuest » Sun 28 Dec 2008 23:27

Martian, you are right,
and right,
and right.

Thanks for checking!

So,
on the ilads site:
Treatment Guidelines

ILADS Guideliness

Guidelines for the management of Lyme disease
November 1st, 2006
(Please be aware that this is a large size file, so it can take several minutes to download)

Joseph J. Burrascano Jr, MD:

Diagnostic Hints and Treatment Guidelines for Lyme and Other Tick Borne Illnesses
September, 2005

In early 2004, The International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) released the first evidence-based comprehensive set of Lyme Disease Treatment Guidelines to assist physicians, public health officials and organizations involved in the evaluation and treatment of Lyme disease. The Lyme Disease Association (national) and the California Lyme Disease Association endorsed the Guidelines which were then peer-reviewed and made available to professionals and to the public.
I interpreted this as saying Burrascano also was evidence based. Perhaps not. Checking his references in the old version (found on ilads.org), he references the ilads paper, but actually labels it: for futher reading.

Does "for further reading" qualify as a reference?

Not in a scientific paper sense, where one would list a study to support a position or statement.

So ILADS did put up the old one, but not the new one. They may have a reason, political,
professional, or perhaps just have not got to it.

Regarding the SF scoop on the 2008 version:
I had to go to that SF website. Boy has it become commercialized.
It used to be about him and his treatments......now it is all ads and links.
Saw the Dec. PHA....geez...they are all there: Vogan, SF, BR,....and the advertisements took
up most of the issue, including the Burrascano one.

kinda ewie even for me.

OG

cave76

Post by cave76 » Mon 29 Dec 2008 0:12

Sorry Fin--- but I won't be the one to write to Scott. :( I can understand that a person might want to think that a straight answer could possibly be uttered from his lips-------------------but I've seen too much of him (WAY too much :)) to want to read another squirmy, wormy evasion/reason from him.

And OG---- you probably just made SF a few more pennies by clicking on his web site. :)
I'm sure that his web site, with the entire WWR (WorldWideRosner) clique/nest, is now so overcome with ads, each one scratching the others' back or other part of the anatomy, that it's a mess.

Still like to know if SF is using Burrascano and does Burrascano know it?

(Just had an idea---- I used to have Joe!'s email address. Maybe I should ask him! I'll see if I can find it.) But I'm sure it's public also. )

(Just another thought---- wonder if Colleen is in this mix somewhere? Sounds like she and SF might have something in common.)

Fin24

Post by Fin24 » Mon 29 Dec 2008 0:23

FINE...as usual Ill step up--sheesh and drat it all

Ive emailed Colleen and MAYBE will even get some answer

if I do Ill inform us all
btw Joe's professional office WAS at

East End Medical Assoc
139 Springs Fireplace Rd
East Hampton, NY 11937

Phone: (631) 324-7337
Fax: (631) 329-0520

I never had his email addy--did you??

cave76

Post by cave76 » Mon 29 Dec 2008 0:49

Try this----- I don't know if it's still good.

burraj51@bigplanet.com