Sneaky Scott does it again-----

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
Claudia

Re: Sneaky Scott does it again-----

Post by Claudia » Thu 8 Jan 2009 15:54

Iwillbeatthis wrote: I guess it is cool now and days to bash, and make fun on those who advocate for us Lymies and who are sick themselves.
Kassy,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you referring to Scott Forsgren/theBetterHealthGuy and active LNusa poster?

If so, not everyone believes that Forsgren "advocates" for Lyme patients.

Speaking for myself, I think his aggressive, self-serving promotion of very dubious 'llmds," unproven, unregulated Lyme disease and TBI "treatment" protocols, procedures and products have hurt the credibility of the Lyme disease community, and have physically and financially injured innocent and trusting Lyme patients.

He continually spreads misinformation, untruths, junk science, etc., in his marketing and uses a forum that is allegedly for patient support to validate and endorse him to drum up business for an interconnected group of like-minded individuals, marketeers and their advertising clientele.

I'd be happy to back this statement up with many specific examples if you honestly want a discussion and believe this is an unfair assessment.

Iwillbeatthis

Post by Iwillbeatthis » Fri 9 Jan 2009 11:02

Claudia,

Yes I am talking about Scott Forsgren.

And obviously I do think that bashing someone who is sick themselves is so rude, stupid, and hurtful. Now think about the people who are reading this, who wanted to share their experiences and are now afraid to, because they might be called names and told that everything they post is wrong and untrue. All the treatments that they tried that HAVE worked for them...people are going to say they haven't, your sneaky and lying.

Lymenet isn't a private group, that you and your friends can talk about anything you want...as you know others can read what you post too. So remember that when you post these opinionated emails, your also affecting those who want to share their stories and are maybe rethinking that idea. Think about it.

-Kassy

Claudia

Post by Claudia » Fri 9 Jan 2009 16:00

Hi Kassy,

Before I respond to your post, I am wondering how long you or a loved one has been dealing with Lyme disease?

Thanks, Claudia

BlueSky

What is going on here with the attacks and rude mean comment

Post by BlueSky » Sat 10 Jan 2009 7:02

[*]
Last edited by BlueSky on Wed 27 May 2009 8:36, edited 2 times in total.

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Sat 10 Jan 2009 16:50

Claudia wrote:Hi Kassy,

Before I respond to your post, I am wondering how long you or a loved one has been dealing with Lyme disease?

Thanks, Claudia
Claudia, Just wanted to warn you- I got hammered for asking questions of a new poster- so I thought I would reiterate what Martian said earlier in this thread:
NOTE: users are free to "hide" behind a moniker and they don't have to give any personal information.

Meanwhile, Fin has done the legwork to answer the questions about Scott's ability to post Dr. B's guidelines, but she is unable to post them at this time- so someone else may have to pick up the slack and email Dr. B to get the answer.

As I stated earlier, my bent is really just for socializing, so I personally am not motivated to pursue it.
For anyone who missed it ,the email addy is in Cavey's post for anyone truly interested.
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

Claudia

Post by Claudia » Sat 10 Jan 2009 17:19

Cobby,

Thanks, I'll take that under advisement.

I see it as a general question, not one of a personal nature. My intent for asking was in order to best respond respectfully to her comments and issues -- based on her time in/exposure to LymeLand: I wanted to offer some background explanation and information to address her concerns from my point of view, or to determine if that might not be required.

So far it seems Kassy may be choosing not to respond.

Iwillbeatthis

Post by Iwillbeatthis » Sun 11 Jan 2009 2:44

Claudia,

I have been battling Lyme and co-infections for about 8 years. But really it doesn't matter how long I have been battling this illness...saying hurtful and mean things about other Lymies is rude and unkind.

And by the way, Bluesky...I completely agree with your post.

Remember people to think before you type!
-Kassy

LymeEnigma

Post by LymeEnigma » Sun 11 Jan 2009 4:41

Some of us are just downright pissed that there are so many opportunists out there taking advantage of the sick -- and not only getting away with it, but being supported by the very people they are screwing. I will not hold back, when it comes to expressing my utter disgust with such people. Call it bashing, if you'd like; I call it being a TRUE patient advocate. Unlike these people who are making bank on the sick and the desperate, I ACTUALLY GIVE A CRAP. The same can be said for many of the other "bashers" here.

Something for you to think about. Have a nice day.

newlylymie

Post by newlylymie » Sun 11 Jan 2009 6:08

Kassy and Bluesky,

If you look at my posts, I try not to "bash" anyone. But in the case of Scott and others like him, (Gigi on lymenet for example), I feel that I must speak up---they really are dishonest people taking advantage of the ill. They are very skilled at what they do so sometimes it is difficult for people to see their real agenda.

They really are not out to help anyone but themselves. The people on this site do their best to make other lymies aware of these scam artists, but it is hard since they have so many followers and "true believers". All I can suggest is that you investigate for yourself Scott's (and others) very dubious connections and schemes.

BlueSky

Post by BlueSky » Sun 11 Jan 2009 13:42

[*]
Last edited by BlueSky on Wed 27 May 2009 8:33, edited 1 time in total.