I and everyone Ive asked havent even SEEN the wording of the darn bill yet--have you??
HOW do we know if itlll be good or bad or ???
HOW do we know if we even want to support it or if itll be biting our arses in the end??
BUT we all are told to DO whatever Ms Pat says for our own good
who else is getting damn tired of this??
WHY the heck arent LDA and others actually going to the NatCapLyme conference in DC this March 2009 and even if they "think" they already know stuff--going anyway to LEARN the ins and outs of U.S. bill passing and also joining the rest of the Lyme community sharing ideas and allowing silent voices to be HEARD???
all we get is " do this do that" and yet we are also told " you dont need to know the details, just Do this"
Im tired of all this and for once want INPUT or at the very least information--all of it--before I decide to jump on board another misbegotten idea train heading into hell town
" whisper whisper, sshhhh" and then " DO this Do that"
NO WONDER the groups are splintering and no wonder so many are disllusioned and fed up
btw we dont even know if this "action" is well timed or ill planned---there are apparently good and bad times to be bugging our congressmen about pending bills--who can tell me if this is the usual knee jerk response or in fact a good thing to do??
From Pat Smith of the Lyme Disease Association. Please read and TAKE ACTION>
Federal Bill Information/ Lyme and Tick-Borne Diseases
Prevention, Education and Research Act of 2009
U.S. House Bill HR 1179
Urgent Actions Needed by Individuals, Organizations and Businesses
1. To find your U.S. Representative and your two U.S. Senators FIND US Senators Click Here
2. Determine if they are signed on as a co-sponsor by clicking your state’s link on the left menu.
3. If they are not signed onto the bill, call and ask that they sign on as a co-sponsor.
Follow up with an email or a fax if you can. You can email or fax instead of calling if you’re not comfortable calling. Calling however is best-- or do both or all three.
4. Send Letters-- one for each voting member of your family Sample Letters to Send Click Here
5. If you have comments about your contacts with legislators that you would like share, please email the Lyme Disease Association at: LDA.Lyme@gmail.com
If you would like to do more:
6. Email this information to everyone you know. Ask them to contact their representatives to encourage them to co-sponsor the Lyme disease bills.
7. Contact national, state and local organizations and businesses. Ask if they would like to sign on to support the Lyme disease bills. If they wish to do so, please have them follow the instructions below.
ORGANIZATIONS AND BUSINESSES
1. Last year there were 117 groups representing more 30 states signed on in support of the "Lyme and Tick-Borne Diseases Prevention, Education and Research Act of 2007".
2. If your group is not signed on, Click Here to Join as a business supporter
3. Who to Contact in your area--- Click Here and select your state
Call all U.S. Senators and U.S. House Representatives that reside in your advocacy area.
4. Determine if they are signed on as a co-sponsor by clicking on your state's name on the left menu. If they are not signed onto the bill, call them and follow with an email or a fax if you can. Email or fax instead of calling if you’re not comfortable calling.
5. Call your government officials-- They work for you. Click Here for Telephone Scripts
6. If you have comments about your contacts with legislators that you would like share, please email us at: LDA.Lyme@gmail.com
7. Email this information to everyone you know and ask them to contact their representatives and to encourage them to support the Lyme disease bills.
Thank You And Let's Roll