Christopher Smith's Lyme Disease Bill 2557

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
X-member

Re: Christopher Smith's Lyme Disease Bill 2557

Post by X-member » Mon 26 Dec 2011 18:07

Henry, you wrote:
When diagnosed and treated properly, none require treatment of more that 4 weeks
I have had my blood checked by a Norwegian professor.

He found both suspected Babesia and Bartonella in my blood! I sent the picture of what could be Babesia (and some pictures of the Lyme bacteria from my blood, too) to a very skilled microbiologist (he work at the same lab that the infection clinic use), and he told me that it looked like Babesia. And he said that IT IS Lyme bacteria that was found in my blood (2010).

I sent the microbiologists answer to the infection clinic in spring 2010.

The infection clinic answered with a copy of a letter (from 2008) where they say (without checking which 7-9 bands it was that have showed up in my WB in 2007) that I don't suffer from Lyme (remember I had confirmed Lyme bacteria in my blood in 2010*!!!) No answer at all regarding the pictures of what could be Babesia.

* This was after 2,5 years treatment for Lyme (Doxy and in the beginning also Flagyl).

I have asked before, and I ask again:

Who can we trust??

If it is Babesia too, it will not be cured by the "IDSA-treament" for Lyme (the 4 weeks of treatment you mention)!

Info from CDC about Babesiosis:

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/babesiosis ... ex.html#tx
atovaquone PLUS azithromycin; OR
clindamycin PLUS quinine (this combination is the standard of care for severely ill patients).

Henry

Post by Henry » Mon 26 Dec 2011 19:40

Carina: I'm sorry. I just don't understand what you are saying and your thought process. Good bye.

X-member

Post by X-member » Mon 26 Dec 2011 19:59

Henry, you wrote:
Carina: I'm sorry. I just don't understand what you are saying and your thought process. Good bye.
I say the same thing as Tosho tried to tell you! Don't you understand what Tosho say, either?

X-member

Post by X-member » Mon 26 Dec 2011 20:01

Tosho said:
Of course there are many situations when 4 weeks of treatment is not enough, so actually you confuse matters. Imagine living in an endemic area, being bitten by a couple of ticks, catching for example Bb, babesia and some kind of ricketsia, then leave it untreated for many months. You will not get cured with 4 weeks of treatment, this is simply ignorrant what you say. I don't know if you realise how horrible consequences have your way of thinking. Leaving a patient with active infections and misleading him/her that 4 weeks of treatment was enough is inhumane and immoral

Henry

Post by Henry » Tue 27 Dec 2011 16:41

Carina and Tosho: Both of you are quite wrong. However, if you think the approaches that you advocate will help others, let me know how many of them improve and by all means publish the findings for all the world to see.

I have one question, Carina. Did you say, in an earlier posting that your microbiologist friend observed Borrelia within your red blood cells when they were examined microscopically? Or am I wrong about that?

X-member

Post by X-member » Tue 27 Dec 2011 17:12

Henry, you wrote:
Carina and Tosho: Both of you are quite wrong. However, if you think the approaches that you advocate will help others, let me know how many of them improve and by all means publish the findings for all the world to see.
Ok, so you actually say that "IDSA-treatment" for Lyme cure every tick-borne disease that exist in the world?

Or, do you say that no such (other) infections exist?

Henry, you also wrote:
I have one question, Carina. Did you say, in an earlier posting that your microbiologist friend observed Borrelia within your red blood cells when they were examined microscopically? Or am I wrong about that?
You are wrong!

Look at my profile image! This is a picture from my blood, taken in 2010 after 2,5 years of treatment with abx! Don't forget that I also suffer from poor immune defence.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Tue 27 Dec 2011 17:29

"Carina":

Henry, wrote:

"I have one question, Carina. Did you say, in an earlier posting that your microbiologist friend observed Borrelia within your red blood cells when they were examined microscopically? Or am I wrong about that"?

You are wrong!

Look at my profile image! This is a picture from my blood, taken in 2010 after 2,5 years of treatment with abx! Don't forget that I also suffer from poor immune defence.

Carina:

Just for the sake of accuracy, this IS what you wrote, in reply to Henry:
He found both suspected Babesia and Bartonella in my blood! I sent the picture of what could be Babesia (and some pictures of the Lyme bacteria from my blood, too) to a very skilled microbiologist (he work at the same lab that the infection clinic use), and he told me that it looked like Babesia. And he said that IT IS Lyme bacteria that was found in my blood (2010).

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Tue 27 Dec 2011 17:32

"tosho":
Leaving a patient with active infections and misleading him/her that 4 weeks of treatment was enough is inhumane and immoral.

There is that word "immoral", again...

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Tue 27 Dec 2011 17:38

'Henry":
There is just too much distrust, fueled in large part the the reaction and agenda of the activists groups, to allow similar progress when it come to Lyme disease.
Oh, yes, I certainly agree.

And the seeds of the distrust and discord, were apparently sown by the very people who now seem to be profiting from that distrust and discord. What an odd coincidence.

A fact that seems to get lost on some. As a friend of mine used to say, "follow the money".

And the political allies (or fronts) of the same are again trying to resurrect the stupid damned tick advisory thing...which, in case anyone has forgotten...long ago...

...was the alleged subject here.

X-member

Post by X-member » Tue 27 Dec 2011 17:39

Spanky, Henry wrote:
Did you say, in an earlier posting that your microbiologist friend observed Borrelia within your red blood cells
Compare that with what I said! I did not say what Henry claim, that I said!