Are CWD forms responsible for persistent chronic Lyme diseas

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
X-member

Re: Are CWD forms responsible for persistent chronic Lyme di

Post by X-member » Sun 1 Jul 2012 17:01

About "LymeNut (s)":

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... =10#p29646

I have seen posts (in this forum, actually) that I suspect are made by people that only want to make people that suffer from late (or chronic) Lyme disease/borreliosis, look stupid.

I do not trust anyone that say that people that suffer from Lyme disease have said "this and that".

tosho

Post by tosho » Sun 1 Jul 2012 18:02

Spanky wrote:
Since you seem to insist that I am such an awful person...perhaps you'd like to provide us with some examples of this terrible behavior? Show us all where and when I called people "idiots", "losers", etc, etc.
Calling a group of people nuts so frequently as you do is enough to consider it a rudeness. Speaking about apologies - how many times have you apologised for calling sick people nuts?
You suggest Lymenut is an established term that can be freely used - maybe for you, but not for me.

As to a loser:

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... =11&t=3858
Spanky wrote:B. Lorraine Johnson (aka the "Wonk") and the wacky organization formerly known as CALDA. Out there in California where they grow all those nuts.
One can disagree with some things that L. Johnson does, but it is rather apparent what is your relation to advocacy groups. You put all what people do in advocacy groups in a one "bag" and call it, well, the way you do it. This is how you called the IDSA hearing process:
http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... pid#p21660
Spanky wrote:More like..."wasteful". Boring. Tedious. Useless. Pointless. Stupid. Dumb. Idiotic. Moronic. Worthless. And worth even less. A complete waste of time and energy.
But as to understanding why people create advocay groups, why they want to be heard and why they want a better medical standard of care - you seem to be deaf and not interested in.

I am not going to search for another examples of your attitude.

I guess you will continue with your rhetoric.

inmacdonald

Post by inmacdonald » Sun 1 Jul 2012 20:20

Dr Bockenstadt and Cystic forms in her Mouse model:

The full article from Dr Bockenstadt shows in figure 2 the shape changing phenomenon

in which a spiral form of borrelia undergoes a change in its shape to a "spherical " form.

Such a transformation is well referenced by Scholar Google and PubMed searches
using the search keywords "Cystic Borrelia"
Dr Lynne Margulies in one of her final papers, co-authored with Dr Oystein Brorson
published on this phenomenon but Chose the Synonym words "round bodies"

We have provided numerous images from peer reviewed manuscripts
which demonstrate Round bodies ( aka "Cysts" aka "spheroids").

I can re post additional images and the manuscript of Dr R. Straubinger
from his canine studies or the electron micrographs of Dr D. Hulinska
which demonstate "Cystic" borrelia in the dermis at the tick bite site from
erythema migrans.
The abundant "round body" borrelia forms in the native tick midgut derived
from and co-existent with spiral borrelia can also be reposted here
if any member of the forum has difficulty in navigating from one previous
discussion thread to this thread.

Borrelia Spheroids = "Round bodies "= "Cystic forms" =" shape changed, Metamorphosed Borrelia"

The concept is very simple.
Overcoming preformed Biases against the concept that spirochetes
assume a rounded profile is problematic for some individuals.
Dr Lynne Margulies embraced
the concept of borrelia round bodies. Why not accept her scholarship and follow her bibliography to her manuscripts?
Respectfully,
Alan B. MacDonald MD
July 1, 2012

IMAGE COMPENDIUM _Cystic Borrelia
Cystic Borrelia and their relationship to Alzheimer.pdf
Borrelia type
(78.66 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Mon 2 Jul 2012 0:14

"tosho":
Calling a group of people nuts so frequently as you do is enough to consider it a rudeness. Speaking about apologies - how many times have you apologised for calling sick people nuts?
The phrase "LymeNUT" is a play upon words, obviously referring to lymenet.org and some of the incredibly wild and wacky things that are said there. Lighten up, for godssakes. They deserve it. Many times over.

Just because someone is "sick", as you put it, does not mean that whatever they say gets an automatic pass.

And some of those people are misleading and helping take advantage of sick people...in a very substantial way.

Posting bad 'information' on the internet is not something that people should remain silent about, in my opinion. A lot of that has to take place here, and other places on the internet, because it simply isn't allowed there.

I was once one of those 'sick people', Tosho. Am I not entitled to disagree?
You suggest Lymenut is an established term that can be freely used - maybe for you, but not for me.
I find whining to be particularly unattractive... even in teenage girls. Are you, by any chance, a teen-aged girl? Sorry, if you are not, but you just sound like one.
As to a loser:

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... =11&t=3858

"Spanky": Lorraine Johnson (aka the "Wonk") and the wacky organization formerly known as CALDA. Out there in California where they grow all those nuts.
Kind of confused about what you mean here? You say: 'as to loser'...but the quoted statement doesn't contain the word "loser".

In any event, that was more of a little joke, dig, at California, overall. California has a reputation for being kind of "out there"...and they happen to grow a lot of almonds and pistachios,etc, etc out there...so, again a little barb. Pretty tame stuff. Lighten up. Kind of a tradition to 'diss' or trash other parts of the country, realizing that it is not entirely serious. And, yes, it was intended to summon up the "LymeNUT" idea. Sheeesh. Big damn horrendous horrible deal. :roll:
One can disagree with some things that L. Johnson does, but it is rather apparent what is your relation to advocacy groups. You put all what people do in advocacy groups in a one "bag" and call it, well, the way you do it. This is how you called the IDSA hearing process:

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... pid#p21660
Spanky wrote:More like..."wasteful". Boring. Tedious. Useless. Pointless. Stupid. Dumb. Idiotic. Moronic. Worthless. And worth even less. A complete waste of time and energy.
Well? It was. And the end result was entirely predictable...and was, in fact, predicted, by several posters on this board. I am not allowed to express an opinion on that?
But as to understanding why people create advocay groups, why they want to be heard and why they want a better medical standard of care - you seem to be deaf and not interested in.
I am not absolutely against all advocacy groups. Just the LDA and CALDA and any of the other allied entities that are wasting people's time and money.
I am not going to search for another examples of your attitude.
So, you couldn't find any examples of my calling others the names you said I did? Yeah, see...I told you.(Oh, don't apologize)...

And just so you know...if I want input about my 'attitude'...you're not on the list of people I would ask for advice on that subject.

----------------------------

Edited to add: Okay, I see the link, now, to the "Biggest Loser" post. The point there, was NOT to call anyone a "loser"...OBVIOUSLY...but was talking about the track record of losing. Not directed at the person...but at the record. Again...SHEEESH.

Also: I would like to add that there is nothing wrong with being a teenaged girl. Just ask teenaged boys.
Now, I hope the politcally correct thought police are happy.

Bagge

Post by Bagge » Mon 23 Jul 2012 17:04

Dilleaux wrote:
Carina wrote:What I wrote in the thread below was what I have seen, and what I took pictures of (they are published), from my own blood in 2010:
I suspect that your are not seeing what you think you are seeing. Could you describe what is your training in microscopy? Also, would you mind describing what type of microscope your are using, what magnification, and the procedure (ex. any staining?) that you use? Also, are your pictures posted on this site? I can't find them...
Bumped up awaiting a response.

X-member

Post by X-member » Mon 23 Jul 2012 17:09

Can you please link to the post that your quote is from, Bagge.

Edit to add:

I found it:

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... =10#p29652

I have already had a conversation via PM with this person.
Last edited by X-member on Mon 23 Jul 2012 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

X-member

Post by X-member » Mon 23 Jul 2012 17:16

From the topic below:

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... led#p27486

A quote:
I have studied (and taken pictures of) a (not spiral shaped) long form (rod) of the bacteria in my blood (this is borrelia according to a skilled Swedish microbiologist)...

X-member

Post by X-member » Mon 23 Jul 2012 17:23

I have also given some information (and answers) to this person (Dilleaux) in the topic below:

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... f=8&t=3972

I have a dark field microscope with a magnification up to 1 500 x, and a camera for it.