Patient-Formulated Lyme Disease Survey Draft

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
ChronicLyme19

Re: Patient-Formulated Lyme Disease Survey Draft

Post by ChronicLyme19 » Thu 21 Aug 2014 4:46

If you use line numbers without editing in a spreadsheet, all the line numbers must change with one insertion.
Good point. This is going to get longer, and keeping up with line numbers every time you need to add a row in the beginning is just nuts. I guess we could try to keep a semi-updated version in a spreadsheet when we need line numbers.

I'm ok with helping edit. LHCTom I'll PM you my gmail.
Half of what you are taught is incorrect, but which half? What if there's another half missing?

velvetmagnetta

Post by velvetmagnetta » Thu 21 Aug 2014 7:01

I have labeled each line with a category letter and will now create 6 separate documents for each of the categories:
Categories:

G - for Demographics
D - for Diagnostics
S - for Symptoms
T - for Treatment
V - for Sociological Views (What people think, opinions, how they gather research, etc.)
M - for miscellaneous - questions that don't fit into any of those categories
This is the labeled document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_Pw ... GVLGc/edit

(I hope it's visible - I'm new at this!)

Then, if anyone wants to edit the questions by category, they can! I cannot follow what you all are doing :?

So, I'm just doing what I said I was going to do.

velvetmagnetta

Post by velvetmagnetta » Thu 21 Aug 2014 9:44

Hi all -

I've split the long document into 6 smaller documents for each category. You can view and comment on them here:

PPLS Diagnostics:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d_u ... X_P1c/edit

PPLS Demographics:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17bV ... JXpGY/edit

PPLS Symptoms:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JDn ... poew8/edit

PPLS Treatment:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19b5 ... 55mz4/edit

PPLS Sociological Views:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NfT ... Ha6mc/edit

PPLS Miscellaneous:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1txy ... bCW4c/edit

Now we can add more questions in rough format directly into the appropriate document. I know we still have a lot of Treatments to add. We can put them all in "PPLS Treatment" and then, from there, separate out Conventional Vs. unconventional.

Also, some of the categories overlapped - like Diagnostics and Symptoms or Diagnostics and Demographics, so I did my best to put them in the right places - they are still labeled with the relevant letters (D and S) or (D and G), etc.

If anyone has come up with new questions, bring 'em! I will paste them into their respective categories.
Last edited by velvetmagnetta on Thu 21 Aug 2014 9:51, edited 1 time in total.

velvetmagnetta

Post by velvetmagnetta » Thu 21 Aug 2014 9:46

dif - Beautiful job on your last post!

ChronicLyme19

Post by ChronicLyme19 » Thu 21 Aug 2014 17:16

velvetmagnetta good work at splitting them up!

So if I can click on the link I can either view or maker suggestions, but not edit.
Half of what you are taught is incorrect, but which half? What if there's another half missing?

velvetmagnetta

Post by velvetmagnetta » Thu 21 Aug 2014 23:48

While we are all editing to make it look cleaner, try to include what kind of question format you think each one should be in.

For example:

How long have you had Lyme disease?

Since we want as few fill-ins as possible, we can have a "choose from a list" question here with number intervals:

1 - 24 hours
1 - 7 days
1 - 4 weeks
1 - 6 months
6 - 12 months
1 year
1 - 5 years
5 - 10 years

Or we can have several "choose from a list" in a row:

___ hours ___days ___weeks___months___years

Where the hours list will be the numbers 1 - 24, the weeks will be 1 - 4, months 1 - 12, and years 1 to 110 (I guess? How long are people living now? This also might be a good way to find troll respondents - they'll put 110 years just to mess things up!)

The different question formats possible on Google Forms are:

Text
Paragraph text
Multiple choice
Checkboxes
Choose from a list
Scale (from 1 -5 or 1 - 10 or whatever)
Grid
Date
Time

And depending on which format you choose, more options may be available. So if you can get Google Drive and play around with Google Forms, that would definitely help.

velvetmagnetta

Post by velvetmagnetta » Thu 21 Aug 2014 23:53

I noticed several questions are missing. They may have been posted on here while Phyfe was away. If you see any of these, please copy and paste them into their respective Docs.

If you have not sent me your email address to "invite" you to edit the docs, you can still help by pasting the questions you find (or any additional ones) into the "comments" located at the top right of every Doc.

Arrright - Get Busy Gang!

ChronicLyme19

Post by ChronicLyme19 » Fri 22 Aug 2014 3:02

Ok, check out the formatting I started to implement on the Demographics and Miscellaneous docs. How does that formatting look to everyone? Keep it or change?

I set header 1 as size 14 font bold and for the normal text as size 12. For the answers to each question, I tabbed them in one.

ChronicLyme19

Post by ChronicLyme19 » Fri 22 Aug 2014 3:33

Ok all, Velvetmagnetta and I are making some progress on the formatting. She's figured out that we can use the automatic list feature to create line numbers. It's a little messy, and there are some rules, but this should work.

It gives sub numbers for the answer choices that are tabbed in once, but still it's easier than numbering and then renumbering all the Qs by hand if you have to add a q in the middle of the bunch.

Rules
1) Don't try to change the auto numbering, let it do it's thing.
2) Don't hit enter twice to add a new Q in or you lose the continuous numbering.
3) Tab in the answer choices
4) Spaces between the questions get numbered
5) If something gets messed up with the auto numbering, just hit undo until it goes back to when it's not messed up.

Everyone should be able to see the 7 docs, and then Velvetmagnetta can add you to give you the ability to edit.

velvetmagnetta

Post by velvetmagnetta » Fri 22 Aug 2014 5:18

Here's a cool thing -

While editing, if you have a question or a comment about a specific question or a part of a question, you can highlight that part, right click on it, and add a "comment". Remember to click the word "Comment" under your comment after you finish writing it! Otherwise it will disappear after the Doc has been closed. (Found that one out the hard way!)

Then, when someone else comes along, they can click onto the highlighted area and the comment you left about it will be highlighted on the right with a reply box just underneath so we can talk to each other about it.

This way we know who left the comment and we can reply to them to discuss it.

Also, you can click on a comment on the right and the document will automatically take you to the highlighted area that the comment is about.

Neat-o.