Lyme Dad: Touched by Lyme

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.

Martian

Re: Lyme Dad: Touched by Lyme

Post by Martian » Sun 16 Nov 2014 21:43

Quote from the article:
I was so far off-base. It took an outstanding Lyme Literate Medical Doctor to show me the error in my approach with my daughter and to show me the reality of this disease.
I doesn't become clear to me how the MD showed him that. Was it with test results from Igenex?

duncan

Post by duncan » Sun 16 Nov 2014 22:05

Martian, your question strikes me as odd. Was the Igenex tie mentioned in the article or in the comments? If so, I missed it.

If not, why would you presume the test came from IgeneX? Was it because the father used an LLMD? If so, it may be that the LLMD was just up on his Western Blot science. It could be, for instance, that the daughter had tested negative with only four bands IgG or three bands, but as most Lyme researchers knows, the number of bands can fluctuate UP AND DOWN, both over time, and through different labs. When I say over time, they can vary in a day, they can vary over months, and over years. And that doesn't necessarily mean those values decline. They can and do RISE some times. Most clinicians are not aware of this. So, if Lyme is suspected, they may check only once, and if it comes in less than five bands, close the door on that diagnosis - when in fact, they should be retesting from time to time if the initial readings so warrant.

So, for all we know, the father had her tested at Mayo with a B31 kit, but it took a good clinician - who happened to be an LLMD - to realize she may have Lyme after all, and confirmed it with additional tests over a period of time.

Or, yes, they went with Igenex, and using bands 31 and 34, came up with more than five bands. Like I said, unless it's mentioned in the article, we may never know.

Martian

Post by Martian » Sun 16 Nov 2014 23:12

duncan wrote:Martian, your question strikes me as odd. Was the Igenex tie mentioned in the article or in the comments? If so, I missed it.

If not, why would you presume the test came from IgeneX? Was it because the father used an LLMD?
It was an educated guess.

Meanwhile I have searched at http://flash.lymenet.org and an Igenex western blot was indeed done. Here is a post from "lymedad" dated October 2005: http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultima ... 37?#000000

The WB IgG was positive by Igenex criteria, but not by CDC criteria.

Quote from the post:
lymedad wrote:After 2 hour clinical exam, Dr. H is quite confident that Lyme is the true diagnosis.
Anyway, I'm okay with Lyme disease as a possible diagnosis in this case.

But when I read in the topic below that 4 years later they are still trying treatments via their "llmd", including dubious methods, then I am finding it all very questionable what they are doing. And if I may make another educated guess, it is possible that they are still trying all sorts of dubious methods yet another 5 years later.

New LLMD Associate - EMF Kinesiology Tests:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb ... ic/1/85798
Posted by lymedad (Member # 8074) on 09-14-2009 01:22 AM:

Fascinating doctor's appointment today (yes on Sunday).

Daughter's LLMD has added new associate to his treatment team; Lyme Literate chiropractor / naturopath / kinesiologist (doctor has LD also).

Extremely interesting methodology. EMF (Electro-Magnetic-Field) sensitive testing revealing location of bacteria/parasites and suggested to MD where to concentrate treatment.

Chiroprator did not attempt to treat, only evaluate and make suggestions to MD.

Through EMF exam of our daughter, Chiro suggested that actual Lyme bacteria is in remission, but still present

(daughter's general health is much improved in last 6 to 8 months, which tends to substantiate findings).

Bartonella is active and Babesia low in body but high in brain and no toxins being released into spinal cord; therefore, increased Babesia treatment warranted (daughter's current symptoms tend to substantiate doctor's opinion).

Like I said, extremely fascinating concept. We have supreme confidence in LLMD and therefore trust that Chiro's evaluation / methodology is authentic.

I'm originally from Missouri and probably the world's biggest cynic and not one easily swayed by anything other than logic; however, I was impressed with this addition to my daughter's health care.

I will write more as new protcol proceeds.

I'm pretty ill myself (toxic mold poisoning and Type 2 Diabetes), so will try to answer any PM, but can't guarantee timing.

Lymedad
Posted by lymedad (Member # 8074) on 09-16-2009 01:43 AM:

coltman,

The practioner is a female.

The process, as I said earlier, was fascinating.

(Bear with me, I'm having some cognitive problems, so some or even all of this might not make sense)

Daughter was prone on exam table. Right hand at 90d angle balled in a fist.

Vials of differing bacteria were placed on her chest. An opened box containing more vials of bacteria, parasite, etc. was laid on top of the vials.

The doctor grasped my daughter's right fist and instructed her to use the index finger of her left hand to touch each of the vials in the box as the doctor "sensed" the reaction.

I know that explanation probably makes no sense whatsoever, but if you'd like I can send you the letter the Chiro sent us as a means of introduction.

I'd have to send it via your personal e-mail address as an attachment, it's three pages long and won't fit as a post to this forum.

I will remove all references to her name, etc., but you will probably get more out it than my rambling.

If you don't chose to PM w/ your e-mail address, just ask questions and I'll try to answer.

Lymedad
Posted by lymedad (Member # 8074) on 09-16-2009 02:16 AM:

coltman,et al,

Try googling (is that really a word?)

"Bio-resonance Testing"

"Bio-resonance kinesiology"

Fascinating Stuff.
Posted by lymedad (Member # 8074) on 09-16-2009 02:18 AM:

http://www.yurkovsky.com/bio-resonance-tools.html

duncan

Post by duncan » Sun 16 Nov 2014 23:24

Good find. I wasn't so much intrigued by the IgG results you uncovered as I was the IgMs. How representative of the entire Lyme conflict is this single case? We could debate this case with all our members, I suspect, for days. :)

nnecker

Post by nnecker » Mon 17 Nov 2014 1:59

(Lymedad)

I was so far off-base. It took an outstanding Lyme Literate Medical Doctor to show me the error in my approach with my daughter and to show me the reality of this disease.
(Lymedads) daughter was prone on exam table. Right hand at 90d angle balled in a fist.

Vials of differing bacteria were placed on her chest. An opened box containing more vials of bacteria, parasite, etc. was laid on top of the vials.

The doctor grasped my daughter's right fist and instructed her to use the index finger of her left hand to touch each of the vials in the box as the doctor "sensed" the reaction.
Duncan wrote:

Oh that nnecker, he's such a "scoundrel".

He seems to take some sort of delight in what he considers as shortcomings of a Lyme advocacy's efforts at the federal level. What an odd thing to revel in, the efforts of sick people to get better treatment falling short.
No I don't.The first two quotes above are a perfect example of how my opinion on Lyme was formed.

duncan

Post by duncan » Mon 17 Nov 2014 11:59

That's nice, nnecker.

I just have two questions:
a) When you write about your "opinion on Lyme", are you talking about Bb, LLMDs, Lyme patients, or all of the above?
b) Are they YOUR opinions?