Help to understand results ??!!

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
Lemnia

Help to understand results ??!!

Post by Lemnia » Fri 24 Jul 2015 16:53

Hi Everyone,
I have been very ill for almost 3 years. Firstly diagnosed with CFS/ME. However, having lived in CT, USA for 27 years I decided to send my blood to be tested to Germany (UK where I live now does not seem to have a reliable test lab). My results are below.

Borrelia burgdorferi Elispot

Borrelia burgdorferi Fully Antigen (+) 2 SI <2

Borrelia b. OSP-Mix (OSPA/OSPC/DbpA) + 8 SI <2

Borrelia burgdorferi LFA-1 0 SI <2

(The results of the EliSpot-Tests are an indication for an actual cellular activity against Borrelia burgdorferi.

Explanation of antigensSmile

Chlamydia pneumoniae antibodies

Chlam.pneum.-IgG-antibodies (ELISA) + 75 U/ml < 20 Chlam.pneum.-IgA-antibodies (ELISA) 16 U/ml < 20

The specific Chlamydia pneumoniae-IgG-antibodies are an indication for a humoral immune response against Chlamydia pneumoniae. Please look at the Chlamydia-EliSpot for the actual cellular activity.

Chlamydia pneumoniae EliSpot

Chlamydia pneumoniae-EliSpot + 7 SI < 2

The result of the EliSpot-Test is an indication for an actual cellular activity against Chlamydia pneumoniae.

Epstein Barr Virus Elispot

EBV EliSpot (Lytic) + 49 SI <2

EBV EliSpot (Latent) (+) 2 SI <2

Can anyone tell me what they make of this please? I am unsure how to treat this and am tempted to get antibiotics for a month (not sure I can get antibiotics any longer than that here in the UK) but wonder how I will fare with them as I'm super sensitive to everything since becoming ill! I'm also looking into LDI/LDA as pioneered recently by Dr. Ty Vincent in Alaska (this is not the same as the LDI offered at BS and the likes) and seems a very interesting option to me.

Anyhow, I'd be very very grateful if anyone can advise on if this seems like a definitive positive result for BB Lyme? ( the co infection tests were all negative).

Thank you in advance for any thoughts and advice.