Research funding appeal DrMacDonald DNA PROBES DEVELOPMENT

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
inmacdonald

Post by inmacdonald » Mon 27 Jul 2015 18:35

Dr. Alan B. MacDonald,MD, IS RAISING DONATIONS FOR MANUFACTURE OF ADDITIONAL BORRELIA SPECIES SPECIFIC DNA PROBES ( Molecular Beacon type DNA Probes)

I have developed Molecular Beacon DNA probes
which Uniquely Bind to the DNa of Borrelia burgdorferi and
to the DNA of borrelia Miyamotoi spirochetes.

These Probes can prove the presence of borrelia
in Fresh Blood ( in chronic Lyme patients with Negative Blood
testing, In Ticks, in Autopsy Human Brain, In spinal fluid
from Multiple Sclerosis patients and in any human tissue
or body Fluid) ( image galleries from my research are posted elsewhere on LNE )

Antibodies are not needed for the Beacon DNA Probes
to Prove at a 100% certainty level of confidence,
( because of the unique properties of Molecular Beacons)
that the Volunteer providing test material
with has Burgdorferi or has Miyamotoi
or
has a Double simultaneous infection.

At present according to the combined reports to Health Departments in the USA,Only 17 cases of Miyamotoi infection
have been reported.
In my personal collection of specimens and Autopsy Brain, and Spinal fluid , I have 30 cases of DOUBLE infection with
Miyamotoi borrelia and burgdorferi Borrelia simultaneously present in USA patients. My Success with DNA Molecular Beacon type DNA probes and the FISH method for DNa Hybridization, has importance in defining infected persons who are called negative with blood testing for Burgdorferi, and of course who cannot be evaluated for Miyamotoi because at present No Miyamotoi Blood Test is available to them.

Each of My Beacon DNA Probes costs $1000.00 to design, to manufacture, to rigorously lab test to assure its proper
binding only to targeted Borrelia species, and for validation of the Beacon DNA probes by sharing them with colleagues who own Epifluorescent Microscopes. USA and International colleagues have ratified the absolute specificity for my DNa probes.

My Appeal for Research Funding is to design, manufacture
, and validate pairs of Beacon DNA probes for the following
species of Borrelia; which cause human Disease,but for which
No blood testing is now available:
These species include:
Kurtenbachii, Bissetti, Americanum, Andersoni, and Valisania
Borrelia.
More will be added to the Probe library in the future.

My Funding Website is:

http://www.gofundme.com/z3v2a2k

Note: Many Educational videos and Case studies
using the Beacon DNA Probes are posted
on this Site: --See " UPDATES" - which are
released DAILY..

I would appreciate it , if the membership become
aware of this Research and also make their patients aware
of this initiative.

One of the Benefits, among many, is the DNA Probe proof
the Chronic Borrelia Infections, Including simultaneous Multi-species infections are NOW and Have been the Cause of
many Cases of Alzheimer's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and Chronic Incapacitating and Disabling Lyme / and borreliosis
illnesses, in the USA and Worldwide.
On July 23, 2015, Dr. Eva Sapi's group published their manuscript in
FEMS MICROBIOLOGY LETTERS, which documents in exquisite detail
The IN VIVO Biofilm formation in human skin from European patients with the
Borrelia Lymphocytoma lesion.
BIOFILMS by scientific consensus, when present in diseased human tissues, prove
That Chronic infection by the biofilm microbe is present.

Therefore, humans with chronic Borrelia lesions ( Borrelia Lymphocytoma) demonstrate the Borrelia Biofilms
Exist INSIDE OF THE BORRELIA LYMPHOCYTOMA lesion

Respectfully,
Alan B MacDonald, MD, FCAP
July 27, 2015

Thank you Very Much for your support,
Alan B. MacDonald, MD. Fellow,College of American Pathologists
July 17,2015

inmacdonald

Re: Research funding appeal DrMacDonald DNA PROBES DEVELOPMENT

Post by inmacdonald » Mon 27 Jul 2015 19:07

Images of Borrelia in Alzheimer's Autopsy
Brain Tissues
Using Dr. Alan MacDonald's
DNA Probes.

BIOFILMS of Borrelia Miyamotoi - inside if Amyloid Alzheimer's plaques - appear as rounded closely packed
Punctuate dot-like white to pink red color - in Epifluorescence Microscopy. In the images ,some
Demonstrate dark red staining Amyloid ( by Congo Red Staining) whic surrounds the biofilm Borrelia
Communities.
BIOFILMS OF Borrelia Burgdorferi - inside of Amyloid Alzheimer's plaques - Appear as rounded closely packed
Punctuate dot-like white to green color- in Epifluorescence Microscopy . In the images, some
Demonstrate green staining Amyloid ( by Thioflavin T Staining) which surrounds the biofilm Borrelia
communities.
These are the very FIRST IMAGES IN THE WORLD - which photograph in a single image ( without Image Stscking software
Or z axis superimposition of two or more. Epifluorescence images - to combine into a single composite overlay
THE SPATIAL RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN ALZHEIMER's AMYLOID PLAQUES - and- BIOFILM COMMUNITIES OF
TWO DIFFERENT BORRELIA SPECIES - dwelling INSIDE OF THE ALZHEIMER's AMYLOID PLAQUES.

LINK: I have developed Molecular Beacon DNA probes
which Uniquely Bind to the DNa of Borrelia burgdorferi and
to the DNA of borrelia Miyamotoi spirochetes.
These Probes can prove the presence of borrelia
in Fresh Blood ( in chronic Lyme patients with Negative Blood
testing, In Ticks, in Autopsy Human Brain, In spinal fluid
from Multiple Sclerosis patients and in any human tissue
or body Fluid)
Antibodies are not needed for the Beacon DNA Probes
to Prove at a 100% certainty level of confidence,
( because of the unique properties of Molecular Beacons)
that the Volunteer providing test material
with has Burgdorferi or has Miyamotoi
or
has a Double simultaneous infection.

At present according to the combined reports to Health Departments in the USA,Only 17 cases of Miyamotoi infection
have been reported.
In my personal collection of specimens and Autopsy Brain, and Spinal fluid , I have 30 cases of DOUBLE infection with
Miyamotoi borrelia and burgdorferi Borrelia simultaneously present in USA patients. My Success with DNA Molecular Beacon type DNA probes and the FISH method for DNa Hybridization, has importance in defining infected persons who are called negative with blood testing for Burgdorferi, and of course who cannot be evaluated for Miyamotoi because at present No Miyamotoi Blood Test is available to them.

Each of My Beacon DNA Probes costs $1000.00 to design, to manufacture, to rigorously lab test to assure its proper
binding only to targeted Borrelia species, and for validation of the Beacon DNA probes by sharing them with colleagues who own Epifluorescent Microscopes. USA and International colleagues have ratified the absolute specificity for my DNa probes.

My Appeal for Research Funding is to design, manufacture
, and validate pairs of Beacon DNA probes for the following
species of Borrelia; which cause human Disease,but for which
No blood testing is now available:
These species include:
Kurtenbachii, Bissetti, Americanum, Andersoni, and Valisania
Borrelia.
More will be added to the Probe library in the future.

My Funding Website is:

http://www.gofundme.com/z3v2a2k
Note: Many Educational videos and Case studies
using the Beacon DNA Probes are posted
on this Site: --See " UPDATES" - which are
released DAILY..

I would appreciate it , if the ILADS membership become
aware of this Research and also make their patients aware
of this initiative.

One of the Benefits, among many, is the DNA Probe proof
the Chronic Borrelia Infections, Including simultaneous Multi-species infections are NOW and Have been the Cause of
many Cases of Alzheimer's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and Chronic Incapacitating and Disabling Lyme / and borreliosis
illnesses, in the USA and Worldwide.

Thank you Very Much for your support,
Alan B. MacDonald, MD. Fellow,College of American Pathologists
July 17,2015

inmacdonald

Post by inmacdonald » Mon 27 Jul 2015 19:09

Link to Dropbox Images of BORRELIA BIOFILMS. DWELLING Inside of ALZHEIMER's AMYLOID PLAQUES -:

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9luolervrxut ... BXa9a?dl=0

RESPECTFULLY,

ALAN.B.MACDONALD, MD, FCAP
July 27, 2015

hv808ct

Post by hv808ct » Tue 28 Jul 2015 4:42

Post by inmacdonald » Mon 27 Jul 2015 18:35

One of the Benefits, among many, is the DNA Probe proof the Chronic Borrelia Infections, Including simultaneous Multi-species infections are NOW and Have been the Cause of many Cases of Alzheimer's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and Chronic Incapacitating and Disabling Lyme / and Borreliosis illnesses, in the USA and Worldwide.
Really now, this post should be retitled, “Old News Looking for New Dollars.” Let’s take the Wayback Machine a few decades into the past….

Alan B. MacDonald. Borrelia in the Brains of Patients Dying With Dementia [Letter]. JAMA. 1986;256(16):2195-2196.
I have identified spirochetes in serial subculture of autopsy brain tissues from two patients with dementia. Indirect immunofluorescence, using monoclonal antibodies specific for Borrelia species, resulted in fluorescence of spirochetes that had previously been identified by darkfield microscope examination…. Case 1 was a 74-year-old woman with mild dementia of less than one year's duration. She had resided in New York and Florida. Case 2 was a 69-year-old man who died in a nursing home in Texas after a four- to five-year history of progressive dementia. Parkinsonian symptoms were noted during his last year of life. Neither patient had symptoms of the skin, joint, or cardiac disorders described in Borrelia burgdorferi infection. Recent reports have described patients with various chronic degenerative neurological disorders whose blood or cerebrospinal fluid contains antibodies against B burgdorferi.1 Individuals with cognitive impairment or memory disorders are found within….

And then there’s last week.

MacDonald writes, “On July 23, 2015, Dr. Eva Sapi's group published their manuscript in FEMS MICROBIOLOGY LETTERS, which documents in exquisite detail The IN VIVO Biofilm formation in human skin from European patients with the Borrelia Lymphocytoma lesion. BIOFILMS by scientific consensus, when present in diseased human tissues, prove That Chronic infection by the biofilm microbe is present. Therefore, humans with chronic Borrelia lesions ( Borrelia Lymphocytoma) demonstrate the Borrelia Biofilms Exist INSIDE OF THE BORRELIA LYMPHOCYTOMA lesion.”

I read the paper. The phrase, in vivo, does not appear in the paper. Instead, Sapi, et al. write, “In summary, results obtained from this study indicate that the aggregates formed by Borrelia afzelii and Borrelia garinii are biofilms that resemble the biofilms formed by Borrelia burgdorferi sensu stricto. Taken together, we suggest that biofilm formation is a common trait for Borrelia genera, which could confer survival advantages during unfavorable conditions.”

Not terribly startling news. As far as I know, all cultivatable bacteria form biofilms in lag phase.

I suppose the only interesting thing in this paper was some of the donors: Lymedisease.org, Midwest Lyme Foundation, Lyme Research Alliance and Lyme Disease Association.

duncan

Post by duncan » Tue 28 Jul 2015 11:57

It appears that Dr. MacDonald's tireless efforts - even after all these years - have the effect of upsetting (unnerving?) a few.

If we are going to have fun with naming posts, hv808ct, what can we name yours? "Sour Grapes Turning Bitter"?

hv808ct

Post by hv808ct » Tue 28 Jul 2015 15:00

Post by duncan » Tue 28 Jul 2015 11:57

It appears that Dr. MacDonald's tireless efforts - even after all these years - have the effect of upsetting (unnerving?) a few.
If we are going to have fun with naming posts, hv808ct, what can we name yours? "Sour Grapes Turning Bitter"?
How about, “Beating a dead horse,” or “Rhetoric doesn’t trump reality,” or maybe “No news is…no news.”

duncan

Post by duncan » Tue 28 Jul 2015 15:05

How about "Deflection For Children Aged 5 And Under" OR "Here's A Nice Ball - Now Go Play"?

hv808ct

Post by hv808ct » Wed 29 Jul 2015 17:49

A response inside of 5 minutes?! 1500 hours and 1505 hours. What, do you sleep here?

From a posting on LymeNut* advertising the lone-wolf work of MacD:

The astonishing observation in my DNA probe studies on the Harvard Brain Bank Alzheimer's Disease cases is the discovery of not just one, but TWO strains of borrelia, in five of five Alzheimer' s brains.

As the first researcher to discover the presence of Borrelia burgdorferi in Alzheimer's brain tissue, I published my findings in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1986.

[Actually it was a letter to the editor. And since then, no one has confirmed his “astonishing observation.”]

I succeeded, in a total of 6 Alzheimer's cases, in culturing in the laboratory living Borrelia spirochetes from DEAD (Autopsy Brain) tissue between 1986 to 1988.

[Raising live borrelia from the dead! Didn’t Mary Shelley write a short story about this kind of thing? I seem to recall it didn’t end well.]

I request your support to extend my DNA Probe studies to connect Chronic Deep Brain Infection with Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia miyamotoi in Alzheimer's patients.

I want to extend my research to study the spinal fluid from living donor patients with Dementia to detect Borrelia DNA in the spinal fluid.

Early Detection of Borrelia brain infection offers the opportunity for the patient to be treated in the hope that ERADICATION of brain and spinal fluid infection, can prevent the development of Dementia.

[This is just plain cruel. Dangling a fantasy antibiotic cure in the faces of desperate people dealing with afflicted family members. Nothing more need be said.]

*Appropriately, MacD’s big booster over at LymeNut is a former mental patients from Britain’s medical services.

duncan

Post by duncan » Wed 29 Jul 2015 23:41

hv808ct, your conclusion alleging some sort of cruelty seems completely unfounded. I read Dr. MacDonald's research funding appeal. I interpreted it as that one of his (to be lauded) goals is to learn enough about the Bb link, to some day be able to treat cases early enough to realize benefits. That this is a goal to strive for, hence this research.

inmacdonald

Post by inmacdonald » Sat 1 Aug 2015 18:18

PAY PAL for those who prefer this to GoFundMe for Donations to the Borrelia DNA Probe(Molecular Beacon) Study of Alzheimer's Autopsy Brains

Correspondence with a Donor discussing the Biofilms of Borrelia found INSIIDE of Amyloid Plaques of Alzheimer's Disasease DEEP BRAIN tissue:

Dear Zoran,

I have viewed your video and I concur that your images do indeed demonstrate Spirochetal forms

in various profiles. I would avoid the word "debris" because I have evidence from my DNA Probe studies

with Probes absolutely specific for Borrelia DNA ( two sites on The Chromosome- Burgdorferi and two sites on the

chromosome of Borrelia Miyamotoi) that each and every DNA containing membrane bound Borrelia

variant ( spirals, cylindricals, Segmented, String of Pearls, Granular forms, and Liposome (Blebs) , and Cystic forms

are ALL CAPABLE of regenerating the spiral Borrelia form under ideal circumstances. You have described

"medusa" profiles of Borrelia, and this is a good name for what you see in some of your images.

You have not described the Biofilm Borrelia communities. These are extremely important, and my work has proven with

DNA Probes for Borrelia DNA ( Molecular Beacons) the Biofilm communities of Borrelia

dwell Inside of Amyloid Plaques in Alzheimer's disease. I attach some images for you to inspect from DNA Probe hybridization

of Biofilm Borrelia Communities ,Inside of human Autopsy Brain, surrounded by Amyloid in Plaque formation.

I thank you for your offer to make a donation to my research.

You will only donate via the PayPal conduit, and I completely understand your wish to use this method.

The PayPal link for my Research is:

http://donationdurayresearch.com/donatenow.html

Thank you very much for your support,
Biofilms of Burgdorferi Borreli Inside of Amyloid Plaques of Alzheimer's Disease.png
biofilm Borrelia burgdorferi inside of Amyloid Alzheimer's Plaques
Biofilms of Burgdorferi Borreli Inside of Amyloid Plaques of Alzheimer's Disease.png (362.29 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
Sincerely

Alan B. MacDonald, MD, FCAP

August 1,2015