Ontario Hospital Association Lyme Disease Presentation

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
dlf

Ontario Hospital Association Lyme Disease Presentation

Post by dlf » Wed 11 Nov 2015 0:27

The province of Ontario in collaboration with Public Health Ontario and the Ontario Hospital Association presented a webcast about Lyme disease in an effort to create awareness and provide some information to professional healthcare providers.

http://oha.mediasite.com/mediasite/Play ... c5ef5c361d

I am withholding my comments on this presentation for the time being, but am hoping this will generate an interesting discussion among forum members that I will participate in after someone else gets the ball rolling.

duncan

Re: Ontario Hospital Association Lyme Disease Presentation

Post by duncan » Wed 11 Nov 2015 15:52

Busily watching, but had to pause to offer a slight correction to the claim that this is about Lyme Disease.

According to one of these experts, this video is not about Lyme in Canada, it is about Lymes in Canada.

This expert noted it was Lymes at least three times. Since he is an expert, he should know.

Back to the video...

duncan

Re: Ontario Hospital Association Lyme Disease Presentation

Post by duncan » Wed 11 Nov 2015 17:22

They didn't really seem to make any effort to hide that they were deferring to the CDC and IDSA for much of their opinions.