Dr. Cameron

General or non-medical topics with information and discussion related to Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
Henry

Dr. Cameron

Post by Henry » Fri 23 Jun 2017 16:31

X-member

Re: Dr. Cameron

Post by X-member » Fri 23 Jun 2017 21:35

Chronic Lyme disease: misconceptions and challenges for patient management
John J Halperin, IDSA

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4440423/

A quote:
The medical/scientific community uses the term “chronic Lyme disease” to describe individuals with objective evidence of longstanding ongoing infection.....
So, I guess that the person who wrote the article posted by Henry in the post above are not from the (quote): "medical/scientific community".

lou

Post by lou » Sat 24 Jun 2017 18:58

My question is how Henry is so plugged into the opposition that he is on top of every new development. Who is Henry and why does he troll this forum? Anyone know how we can find out? I am wondering what other forums he is trolling to get the information.

hv808ct

Post by hv808ct » Sun 25 Jun 2017 0:52

Post by lou » Sat 24 Jun 2017 18:58

My question is how Henry is so plugged into the opposition that he is on top of every new development. Who is Henry and why does he troll this forum? Anyone know how we can find out? I am wondering what other forums he is trolling to get the information.
Hey Lou,

Your paranoia is showing.

It's not a matter of trolling or being "plugged in". It's just a matter of reading reliable science and medicine sites.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/chroni ... thorities/

Henry

Post by Henry » Sun 25 Jun 2017 1:33

Thank you, hv808ct. All of the information that I have posted is in the public domain. None of it comes under the heading of top secret confidential information. After reading it, those who have a few working brain cells will conclude that ILADS is a pseudo-scientific who leadership is dominated by individuals with little or no knowledge of Lyme disease, and who exploit gullible patients who trust them. If you do a "google" for Sammuel Schor and hyperbaric oxygen therapy for Lyme disease, and unproven approach with no benefits, you will find that the newly elected President of ILADS has an active program costing about $2k per session. Suffice it to say that ILADS is a collection of quacks. Only a fool would believe anything that they say.

Stricker seems to be plowing new fields for opportunities to enrich himself. He has become an expert on Morgellons, a make-believe disease that no one can define -- or believes exists. He is even on the board of the newly founded Institute for Research on Morgellons. Just do a "google" for Raphael Stricker and Morgellons and you can read all about it.

Lorima

Post by Lorima » Sun 27 Aug 2017 16:43

A few things:
I don't think the "Science Based Medicine" (SBM) people are very bright. They seem to think they can know what is good science and what is questionable without reading the papers that present the actual evidence. They just trust authority. That will work to keep a mid- to low-level MD out of trouble with his peers and employers, but it is a betrayal of actual science.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that Henry is Phillip Baker and hv808ct is Edward McSweegan, by writing style.

I'm spending all my political time working against Trump now. My experience with the LD establishment gave me a huge head start on understanding how Trump supporters think. Authoritarianism in all its guises sticks out like a sore thumb to me now.

Authoritarians cannot conceive of any way of valid thinking that doesn't involve loyally following someone else. They can't tell the difference between cranks and rigorous thinkers. I don't know if there are genes for that, or if it gets trained into them as children, but i think it is very common and rarely cured past mid- adulthood. We should be opposed but not surprised when it takes power destructively in any area of human society.

This "loyal follower" stance is an intellectual level below self-direction of thought, so people who are stuck there tend to think there is nothing beyond it. That's why they keep arguing for IDSA by citing some questionable thing some ILADS affiliate does, as if, since we aren't following iDSA blindly we must be following ILADS blindly. The idea that we assessed the IDSA position objectively and found it fatally flawed, is out of the realm of possibility for them.

SBM supports the IDSA view on LD for ideological reasons, but Baker and McSweegan had a hand in making it seem legitimate, so they are doubly complicit and hence committed.

Finally, I don't think Baker/McSweegan/Henry/hv808ct are quite bright enough, or perhaps just intellectually iindependent enough, to be appalled by what's wrong with the IDSA's "evidence." Their belief that SBM is a reliable source on medical controversies supports that opinion.
"I have to understand the world, you see."
Richard Feynman

nnecker

Post by nnecker » Mon 28 Aug 2017 22:30

Hey hv808ct,you're Edward McSweegan.Did you know that? :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Lorima

Post by Lorima » Tue 29 Aug 2017 18:18

If not, I wonder if hv is embarrassed that he resembles McS. ;)
"I have to understand the world, you see."
Richard Feynman