Other Irish Folkes

Here you can socialize and have fun with other board members, and talk about all sorts of topics that are not related to Lyme disease.
Acorn

Other Irish Folkes

Post by Acorn » Mon 30 Jul 2007 17:40

I am from Eire and would love to meet some others from there for conversation, laughing, and sharing. I need a group of people to commiserate with that do not take themselves so seriously.

Any one up for a cyber pub, a little Guiness, and some good craic. :lol:

I believe there is life with Lyme and it hasn't all been so bad. Now I have a new career and a more interesting direction to go in life. That never would have occurred if I hadn't gotten Lyme.

Yvonne

Re: Other Irish Folkes

Post by Yvonne » Fri 3 Aug 2007 10:03

Hi Acorn

Dutch people are nice people too , to conversate with. :)

And I also like to joke ;)

Did you became antibiotics that you feel so well now ?

I never had read something about lyme disease in Ireland accept last evening.

Than I have read that PCR studies have demonstrated a high prevalence of B.valaisiana in unfed I.Ricinus ticks in Ireland.

Are there many people in Ireland who have lyme disease too ?
Listen to all,
plucking a feather from every passing goose,
but follow no one absolutely

NellyP

Post by NellyP » Tue 30 Oct 2007 17:34

There are quite a few Irish Lymies on EuroLyme.

I myself became ill after a cyling/camping trip in Ireland where I had many, many bites from various insects and a couple of ticks. But I had previously had many tick-bites in other places like in France and in Australia.

Nelly (Paris-France)

cave76

Post by cave76 » Tue 30 Oct 2007 21:22

Acorn:

****I am from Eire and would love to meet some others from there for conversation, laughing, and sharing. I need a group of people to commiserate with that do not take themselves so seriously.****

I'm not sure if you mean here at LNE (LymenetEurope) or somewhere else. But I'm all for conversation, laughing and sharing. :)

Perhaps asking the same question at the Lyme Cafe here on LNE might help. I don't how many people from your country are there--- but us Yanks can get pretty rowdy too! :) We don't even need Guiness.

I'd have to think about the 'craic'.---- I'm sure that isn't what it might look like (phonetically) to me. LOL

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed 31 Oct 2007 14:16

Moved topic from "General" to "Lyme-café".