ethical or not???

Here you can socialize and have fun with other board members, and talk about all sorts of topics that are not related to Lyme disease.
Fin24

ethical or not???

Post by Fin24 » Fri 20 Feb 2009 21:31

decide for yourself if this is the sort of ideals you wish to support in the Lyme Community---if not, please start voicing your opinions here and everywhere! If we cant police our own...

start with this
But I also want to make money, as much as I can. I have a 7 month old and a stay-at-home wife. If I were in your shoes, with your website, I would exploit the crap out of it. I have a similar website and am doing just that.
Bryan Rosner in :http://www.fonerbooks.com/2008/05/publi ... oices.html

Mar 2008 around the time of Lyme and Autism book and Connie's book too was being handled ( count of hand who think either lady didnt know how Bryan really felt about them or their projects that he happily exploited as well??)
Bryan Rosner of BioMed Publishing Group said...
I am realizing more and more the importance of evaluating opportunity cost. Often it is the least *obvious* factor in a decision, but the most important.

For example -- I am publishing a new book by a woman who has an excellent Lyme blog. I think there is a small but reasonably sized market for her book. This will be the 3rd book I've published for other authors.

At first glance it seems to make great sense. But looking a bit behind the scenes, what I am really realizing is that all the time and trouble involved in publishing it is keeping me from some very important, very profitable core projects, one of which is writing my next book on a topic which I believe has an explosive, growing market.

At first brush it seems her book was a good idea but if I stick to the demanding financial equations I learned in college, I can see that I think I made the wrong choice. Oh well, live and learn.

Bryan

10:09 AM
http://www.fonerbooks.com/2008/03/inter ... weber.html

note: the priority of helping a Lyme blogger and of publishing helpful info falls FAR behind his desire to keep exploiting the Lyme market---thats US people

FOR those keeping track:( simply an fyi)
I sell to Ingram through BCH Distributors
and
Also wanted to mention that I use B&T
BR 9/08 inhttp://www.publishingbasics.com/2008/07/08/boo ... w-clothes/

Smith Publicity used by Duncan and Rosner with Autism book summer 08
(I wonder how much was paid to them from profits that were supposed to go to the LIA non profit??)

it shows the goals and agenda may not be so altruistic after all.
Increasing Your Net Worth Through Smarter Spending
April 29th, 2008
Here’s an interesting post from Get Rich Slowly about the value of smart spending.

How My Net Worth Went from $-40,000 to $285,000 in Five Years

Credit goes to Bryan Rosner from lymebook.com for finding this.
http://www.spendingsmarter.com/

and about the players Rosner is involved with and promotes:
As recently as three weeks ago, (November 15, 2008) another Lyme disease advisor, Brian Rosner, owner of BioMed Publishing Group, publisher of books on Lyme Disease treatment, published Bradford's complete protocol for Lyme disease treatment on his lymebook.com blog. In his blog Rosner calls Bradford "... Dr. Bradford, a well respected Lyme doctor". Rosner is also the author of such books as "When Antibiotics Fail: Lyme Disease And Rife Machines, With Critical Evaluation Of Leading Alternative Therapies" and "The Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments: Defeat Lyme Disease With The Best Of Conventional And Alternative Medicine"

The indictment from the Kansas grand jury states that Bradford, Byrd and C.R.B. executed a marketing plan aimed at creating demand for Bradford’s microscope and certain drugs they sold for the treatment of Lyme disease. The Townsend Letter, Forsgren, Rosner and other supposed Lyme disease advise experts and publishers who have recommended the device or the treatment were not mentioned in this indictment. It is also unclear when, or even if, charges will be filed against other medical and alternative practitioners in the United States who use the Bradford microscope to convince their patients that they have Lyme disease or recommend the treatment developed by Bradford.
http://lymeblog.com/modules.php?name=Ne ... e&sid=1529

and the latest marketing ploy

put out yearly updates that are advertized to be the latest in Lyme news--and are actually same old from previous books with at most a tidbit or 2 that can only broadly be considered "new".

There are finally a growing number of book reviews at major sites like Amazon and Barnes and Noble where professionals and Lyme patients are voicing their opinions that the BioMed books are not what theyre advertized to be etc...refreshing that the tide may finally be turning .Lets hope it washes over and cleans up the growing dirty exploitation!!
Not Convinced, May 16, 2007
By Marcus Oliver "MOS82" (Savannah, GA) - See all my reviews

I am a Lyme patient and Lyme educator in Georgia. In reading Rosner's book there were some problems that caused me to question its validity. Before writing this review I consulted with a couple of experienced Lyme doctors (ILADS members). Before my thoughts, let me say that I will give the book 2 stars because it is well-written and easy to read.

The first problem is that Mr. Rosner is not a medical practitioner. The medical practitioner whom I personally see and the other one whom I discussed this with both agree that most of those "top 10" were in fact not particularly effective in their population of Lyme patients - except for antibiotics (not necessarily Rosner's suggestions however)
at very bottom of http://www.amazon.com/Top-Lyme-Disease- ... 0976379716
Patient, LLMD and Naturopath concerned about this book, April 20, 2007
By Audrey Ries-Pullman (New Jersey) - See all my reviews

My LLMD and naturopath were concerned about this book and asked me to share these ideas here because it looks like everyone just goes along that this book is terrific. They say this is not so, and so do other patients and doctors. They were really upset that someone could write a book and declare 10 Best Treatments with no real authority or OK by the LL doctors and that gives the impression that these are treatments used by good LLMDs and good alternative doctors. It makes them all look weird and it is hard enough to get help for patients doing the smart things they do. They had many concerns because all they see is people saying this book is great and that is not so but no one says anything because they feel they will be attacked. I can only have room for a few.
bottom of http://www.amazon.com/Top-Lyme-Disease- ... 0976379716

and so on---its about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I also want to make money, as much as I can. I have a 7 month old and a stay-at-home wife. If I were in your shoes, with your website, I would exploit the crap out of it. I have a similar website and am doing just that.
so what do you think--ethical or not?

Cobwebby

Re: ethical or not???

Post by Cobwebby » Sat 21 Feb 2009 18:14

I hope most people see that as a rhetorical question.

Exploitation will continue to disseminate systemically throughout Mankind until Greed has been eliminated.

Keep fighting the good fight. Integrity is the highest virtue in my book.
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

hiker53

Post by hiker53 » Sat 21 Feb 2009 21:57

Not ethical in "my book" :mrgreen: I have never really figured out how Bryan got cured. Which of the top ten helped him? Anyone know?

LymeEnigma

Post by LymeEnigma » Sun 22 Feb 2009 3:27

:evil: