Streets of the world/ visited countries

Here you can socialize and have fun with other board members, and talk about all sorts of topics that are not related to Lyme disease.
Yvonne

Streets of the world/ visited countries

Post by Yvonne » Fri 13 Aug 2010 9:49

Streets of the World

For the first time in history it is possible to visit all countries in the world in a free, transparent and

fast way. It's possible; therefore I want to see it. I want to find out what the world looks like in our time.

How far have we come, how much are we alike and how different are we. I want to meet people from

my time. To capture a small part, but a part indeed of their lives.

Today mankind as a species is more connected than ever. The very serious problems we face today

are global. Climate change and terrorism are not regional problems, but the shared problems of

a divided world.

Modern information networks such as television and the internet make the problems of someone on

the other side of the world our own, whether we like it or not.

This is why I think it is time for a project that shows the world as one world. By taking photos and

making films in the streets of the world, I hope to be able to make a comparison between those streets.

The combination of these streets will create a portrait of what our world looks like, what humanity

looks like at the beginning of the 21st century. All countries. Thus making visible what humanity is.

Who we are.

http://www.streetsoftheworld.nl/countries
Listen to all,
plucking a feather from every passing goose,
but follow no one absolutely

Cobwebby

Re: Streets of the world/ visited countries

Post by Cobwebby » Sun 15 Aug 2010 5:56

Very intriguing.

My oldest daughter has seen much more of our global community than I have. Including two months in Vanuatu-the second slide in the presentation.

In fact, one of the ways I knew I was sick enough to go to the doctors was because I couldn't take her to the airport I was feeling so lousy.

I dropped her off with other travelers and headed straight to the doctors-where I was diagnosed by my PCP as soon as I pulled up my shirt and flashed an EM at him. He was so impressed with this classic sign for Lyme Disease that he had me show it off to the other doctors in the office.

Then he whipped out his handy dandy IDSA guidelines book and prescribed two weeks of Ceftin. Pfffft
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington