New Evidence

Here you can socialize and have fun with other board members, and talk about all sorts of topics that are not related to Lyme disease.
Spanky

Re: New Evidence

Post by Spanky » Thu 18 Oct 2012 18:37

"Cobwebby":
And yet, YOU found it necessary to ressurect it.
:lol:

Only to point out to others what you were trying to do.
Me ? I just couldn't resist the play on words. Bring it up as often as you wish- I laugh every time I read it.
What "play on words"? You mean "surreal"? Yeah see, that was the original intent behind the name in the first place... finally pick up on that, did you? :bonk:

But what is funny about substituting a name of a member of this forum into a VERY old joke that winds up with that poster being hurled from a plane to his death?

Can you explain the "humor" in that for us, please?

These aren't "jokes"...they are taunts, aren't they?

Very immature attempts to bait someone, isn't that right?
You have to admit it is a rather accurate illustration of the feelings between you and Cave76.
:lol: I really don't have any "feelings" about Cave76 at all. I never had very much contact with her. Only a couple of occasions, that I can recall. Apparently, she took a dislike to me, for some reason that I don't understand.

Sorry to disappoint you...but no. I admit that I didn't care for what that...what was it called? Thing they had on Ning was doing. That was just awful.
So sue me for being creative.
Creative? :lol:

That joke is so OLD that the punchline appears in the film "American Werewolf In London" (1981)...where they go into the "Slaughtered Lamb" pub...and is was so widely known that it is recognizable from the punchline only. That was an OLD joke back in 1981.

Sue you? No, hon.

But if I were the Admin...I wouldn't be too happy with you, because you are just proving what I recently said to him about how he doesn't take action against blatant personal attacks against other posters .

You've got a whole thread devoted to what you think is a disguised, veiled, attack on another poster here on this board, don't you?

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Thu 18 Oct 2012 19:30

Spanky:
These aren't "jokes"...they are taunts, aren't they?
jokes? taunts? that's in the eye of the beholder. I started this thread as a joke-and you are assuming it's a taunt-assumptions aren't always right.
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 18 Oct 2012 22:43

"Cobwebby":
jokes? taunts? that's in the eye of the beholder.
We all KNOW what you were trying to do, Cobby.

The only questions are:

1. Why you would think that sort of childish stunt could possibly bother me, and;

2. Why you would think it's okay to do that, and;

3. Why the Admin didn't do anything about it.
I started this thread as a joke-and you are assuming it's a taunt-assumptions aren't always right.
The problem you have there is the "let's throw Spanky out of the plane" thing. And BTW, why was it that Spanky got hurled out of the plane and not Cave76? Hmmmm?

You really think that is funny?

Are you going to tell us that this all wasn't designed to bait and taunt me?

As I said, don't lie to us, now...be a big girl and accept responsibility for it. Surprise us.

Cobwebby

Post by Cobwebby » Thu 9 May 2013 17:02

[quote][
A 100 year old man was having his annual checkup and the doctor asked him how he was feeling. "I've never been better!" he boasted. "I've got a 24 year old girlfriend who's pregnant and having my child! What do you think about that?"

The doctor considered this for a moment, then said, "Let me tell you a story. I knew a guy who was an avid hunter. He never missed a season. But one day went out in a bit of a hurry and he accidentally grabbed his umbrella instead of his gun."

The doctor continued, "So he was in the woods and suddenly a grizzly bear appeared in front of him! He raised up his umbrella, pointed it at the bear and squeezed the handle." "And do you know what happened?" the doctor queried.

Dumbfounded, the old man replied "No".

The doctor continued, "The bear dropped dead in front of him!"

"That's impossible!" exclaimed the old man.

"Someone else must have shot that bear."

"That's kind of what I'm getting at..." replied the doctor./quote]
The greater part of our happiness or misery
depends on our dispositions,
and not on our circumstances.
Martha Washington