LNE Forum Policy and much much more

Here you can socialize and have fun with other board members, and talk about all sorts of topics that are not related to Lyme disease.
tosho

Re: LNE Forum Policy and much much more

Post by tosho » Thu 18 Oct 2012 20:33

Spanky wrote:"tosho":
Spanky - you don't have to provoke personally to be criticized.

Now, I don't want to take part in another snowballing discussion, only wanted to signal my opinion.
And what I meant by "let he without sin cast the first stone"...is that personal criticism of another poster's behavior here might be more convincing if the person offering the criticism wasn't guilty of the behavior also.
I am not a very frequent member here, but it is enough for me to see that my one-time name calling is nothing compared to your continous obsessive, heartless, full of anger towards others posts. I don't know how old are you, but I hope it is not too late for you to reconsider your personality.

Bagge

Post by Bagge » Thu 18 Oct 2012 20:41

Lorima wrote: It's as if any harm done by "authorities" is to be ignored. 
One should take a few minutes to review the various medical board websites, then reconsider if the harm being done by other physicians is truly being ignored.

tosho

Post by tosho » Thu 18 Oct 2012 20:48

Bagge wrote:
One should take a few minutes to review the various medical board websites, then reconsider if the harm being done by other physicians is truly being ignored.
That's a hypocrisy. You know well that the IDSA guidelines are a "protection" of infectious diseases doctors.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 18 Oct 2012 22:36

"tosho":
I am not a very frequent member here, but it is enough for me to see that my one-time name calling is nothing compared to your continous obsessive, heartless, full of anger towards others posts. I don't know how old are you, but I hope it is not too late for you to reconsider your personality.

Whoa...

Just proved my point, (again) didn't you?

Tosho...I think that I am usually pretty careful to respond and sometimes attack what the person is saying...and NOT the person.

Now...my suggestion to you, or anyone else, for that matter, would be, when offering up that kind of critisism of another...

...to provide specifics...so that the target of your wrath has an opportunity to defend himself.

Otherwise...it's just another example of name-calling from you isn't it?

tosho

Post by tosho » Thu 18 Oct 2012 22:51

Specifics? You provide specifics all the time in many of your posts. This is not only me who noticed your annoying behavior, other members, including Admin, did it too.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 18 Oct 2012 22:58

"tosho":
Specifics? You provide specifics all the time in many of your posts. This is not only me who noticed your annoying behavior, other members, including Admin, did it too.

Then it shouldn't be too hard for you to find some specific examples of that.

I asked the Admin to...and the only examples he was able to come up with were what were intended as constructive criticisms, suggestions on how the board could be made better.

I guess that he took those rather personally.

No, Tosho, you always need, out of a basic sense of fairness to the accused, to provide specific charges.

I have to be able to respond to what it is that I an being charged with...you can't just say that this is my general impression.

Are you sure that your problem with me isn't because you just don't like what I am saying?

tosho

Post by tosho » Thu 18 Oct 2012 23:34

Spanky wrote:
Are you sure that your problem with me isn't because you just don't like what I am saying?
Absolutely not, as I am not pro ILADS nor the IDSA, accept different opinions, and have critical thinking (if you mean general discussion about tbds). The problem is not with what you are saying, but with how you are saying. Way too often your posts are filled with arrogance, anger, insult, and so on... and when we add to this the intensity of your posting then it's hard not to have negative impression. For example, Henry's posts were more conservative than yours, but way he expressed himself made a normal atmosphere, whereas it is impossible to tell the same about your activity on this forum.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Thu 18 Oct 2012 23:52

"tosho":

Spanky: "Are you sure that your problem with me isn't because you just don't like what I am saying"?
Absolutely not, as I am not pro ILADS nor the IDSA, accept different opinions, and have critical thinking (if you mean general discussion about tbds).
I just looked back at a thread where you were labeling the IDSA as "immoral". And wasn't that what you called me, too? Sorry, if that's not right...I really don't remember...but I can show you that if you don't remember it and want to see it...
The problem is not with what you are saying, but with how you are saying. Way too often your posts are filled with arrogance, anger, insult, and so on... and when we add to this the intensity of your posting then it's hard not to have negative impression

Well, am I attacking the person, though?

Or what the person said? There is a difference between saying that a person is "stupid"... from saying that what they said was "stupid". (And I don't think that I have used the word "stupid" here).

And again, Tosho...you are NOT providing examples of this bad Spanky behavior so that I can respond to them. You need to do that.

But I can tell you this...anyone who comes onto an online Lyme Forum and merely suggests that people look to the available EVIDENCE...

...will find themselves a target and under attack.

Now, if I sometimes respond to those attacks with less than a complete sense of diplomatic tact and gentlemanly grace...

...do you think that is perhaps, understandable? Would you like to see a list of the names I have been called? A list of the people who have called me names?

But again...if I am such a horrible "toxic" monster...I would think that there ought to be abundant examples of this horrible behavior out there...easy to find.

I understand your point about Henry's demeanor. Henry conducted himself as a gentleman at all times.

In fairness, to me, though, I have been at it (here, on this board) longer. :lol:

Bagge

Post by Bagge » Fri 19 Oct 2012 0:43

tosho wrote:
Bagge wrote:
That's a hypocrisy. You know well that the IDSA guidelines are a "protection" of infectious diseases doctors.
Ok, Tosho. I have noticed this for some time from you. You seem to be associating me as a strictly pro-IDSA person, perhaps even a member. What I have noticed is that it is indeed like a few others have mentioned, which is that anyone that disagrees with the 'LLMD' agenda is accused of one thing or another. I base my opinions on my own knowledge and experiences.

Have you given any thought as to the fact that the 'LLMD' protection laws being passed are solely for the protection of 'LLMDs', and not for the benefit of the patient?
You know well that the IDSA guidelines are a "protection" of infectious diseases doctors.
Is anyone attempting to pass a law that says no ID doctor can be investigated based on how many or how few antibiotics they prescribe? No.

How many times have you been solicited to send your other doctors money for their legal defense funds? None?

How many of your other doctors expect you to pay for the training of new physicians into their medical society? None?

If you review the various posts here about 'LLMDs' being supposedly under attack and persecuted, you should recognize that the charges are not based on the amount of antibiotics they are prescribing, but rather on other things. As an example, that one in WI (who is still free to practice) was charged with being intoxicated on the job, and on more than one occasion. There were some other charges listed, but I'll leave those off for now.

Let's take that situation, showing up drunk to work. Do you own any pets? Would you want a intoxicated or otherwise impaired vet doing surgery on your dog? I sure wouldn't. If I had pets, I wouldn't even want an intoxicated person trying to clean my pet's teeth or cut their nails. Can you imagine having an intoxicated person with their sense of balance or other motor skills impaired being charged with the care of a human life? I think not. That is not acceptable to me, not under any circumstances.

It seems that this physician was warned throughout the years, and on many occasions. How many warnings should they get before being formally sanctioned? You see, they've been warned time and time again, by multiple people, yet the Lyme patients still defend them. Patients that have never met him and never received medical care from him so as to have a basis for a more informed opinion even support him. I bet if you go through his medical board's website, or that of any other state, you will unfortunately find that there are other medical providers that have been sanctioned for similar acts of negligence. Yet, you don't see any defense funds being collected for them, nor are they trying to shift the blame and allege they are being unfairly persecuted for some unrelated reason.

Really, go look around the medical board websites, but do it on an empty stomach. I'm not a hypocrite, I'd object to the same behaviors and actions regardless of whether it came from an ID doctor, a 'LLMD', or even a school teacher, and for darn sure even a lawyer :D Sorry Spanky, I had to add that in there ;)

You should be able to find the links to the state medical boards on this website.

Last edited by Bagge on Fri 19 Oct 2012 0:53, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri 19 Oct 2012 0:45

Spanky wrote:I think that I am usually pretty careful to respond and sometimes attack what the person is saying...and NOT the person.
To paraphrase you: one can also disrupt discussion by using tactics that don't technically violate stated forum policy, while being completely disruptive. For example by ridiculing, nagging, taunting and baiting others, by obfuscation, arrogance, hijacking threads, etc.. Especially when it is happening repeatedly.

So can you post completely substantial and constructive, not just without name-calling and personal attacks, but also without anything disruptive in your post as explained in the previous paragraph?