LNE Forum Policy and much much more

Here you can socialize and have fun with other board members, and talk about all sorts of topics that are not related to Lyme disease.
Spanky

Re: LNE Forum Policy and much much more

Post by Spanky » Fri 19 Oct 2012 1:39

"admin":

Spanky: "I think that I am usually pretty careful to respond and sometimes attack what the person is saying...and NOT the person".
To paraphrase you: one can also disrupt discussion by using tactics that don't technically violate stated forum policy, while being completely disruptive. For example by ridiculing, nagging, taunting and baiting others, by obfuscation, arrogance, hijacking threads, etc.. Especially when it is happening repeatedly.
Well, and I REPEAT...I cannot, and should not be either accused of, or asked to respond to allegations that consist of your "impressions"...or "feelings".

I say to you, again...show me specific instances so that I can respond to these allegations.

That is just basic fairness.
So can you post completely substantial and constructive, not just without name-calling and personal attacks, but also without anything disruptive in your post as explained in the previous paragraph?
Well, am I doing any of this? Can you show me examples?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri 19 Oct 2012 1:59

Spanky wrote:Well, am I doing any of this? Can you show me examples?
Yes, yes.

I will check your new posts and emphasize in red what I consider to be more or less problematic.

Spanky wrote:Well, and I REPEAT...I cannot, and should not be either accused of, or asked to respond to allegations that consist of your "impressions"...or "feelings".
Downplaying my allegations as "impressions" or "feelings" is somewhat arrogant.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Fri 19 Oct 2012 2:16

"admin":
I will check your new posts and emphasize in red what I consider to be more or less problematic.
Spanky wrote:Well, and I REPEAT...I cannot, and should not be either accused of, or asked to respond to allegations that consist of your "impressions"...or "feelings".
Downplaying my allegations as "impressions" or "feelings" is somewhat arrogant.
I did NOT intend to "downplay" your feelings or "impressions"...

...but to stress the difference between specific examples and whatever your impressions or feelings are.

I can't respond to what your feelings and impressions are...because I don't know what they are based upon.

YOU have NEVER brought ANY item, any specific instance of my alleged bad behavior, to my attention EVER have you?

Have I ever been warned or temporarily banned? Or had my behavior questioned by you in any way?

How in the hell am I supposed to know what you are talking about?

Perhaps with one exception...in the thread that you deleted...you more or less said the same...the "rude and arrogant" thing...when I asked for specifics...you failed to respond.

This is a fundamental right of any accused.

You have to tell me what I'm accused of...so that I can offer a response.

I have the right to defend myself.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri 19 Oct 2012 2:34

Spanky wrote:YOU have NEVER brought ANY item, any specific instance of my alleged bad behavior, to my attention EVER have you?

Have I ever been warned or temporarily banned? Or had my behavior questioned by you in any way?
I gave you some examples very recently, but according to you I got it all wrong. I sent you a warning recently, and yes, you have also been banned temporarily in the past.

Spanky wrote:How in the hell am I supposed to know what you are talking about?
You could have left out "in the hell", it's not substantial.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Fri 19 Oct 2012 2:44

"admin":
I gave you some examples very recently, but according to you I got it all wrong.
Well, I'm entitled to respond am I not? And since you never bothered to discuss any of that with me...gee, do you think that it's possible that you may not have understood properly what I was trying to say?

I don't see anything in the forum rules about violating the Admin's "feelings" or "impressions". I thought the idea was that you were disciplined for breaking forum rules ONLY.
I sent you a warning recently, and yes, you have also been banned temporarily in the past.
WHAT?

I was "temporarily banned"? WHEN? Why don't I know about this? For what? How did that happen? I was never notified of any 'strike' against me...???

Wouldn't I have noticed that I couldn't post? :shock: :?

And when did you ever send me any "warning"? I am talking about the three strike rule...when have I ever received any 'strike'...and for what?
Spanky wrote:How in the hell am I supposed to know what you are talking about?
You could have left out "in the hell", it's not substantial.
Oh...for...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri 19 Oct 2012 3:46

Spanky wrote:Well, I'm entitled to respond am I not? And since you never bothered to discuss any of that with me...gee, do you think that it's possible that you may not have understood properly what I was trying to say?
That's a nice clincher. Semantics. Words have not exact meanings. I think I am fairly good at understanding general meaning of language. Maybe you have trouble expressing yourself as intended, because your meanings of words and text is different that the general meaning.

I was "temporarily banned"? WHEN? Why don't I know about this? For what?
2 years ago. Closed board in august 2010, banned you in sept. 2010. Your first post after that was on 10 Mar 2011, this one: http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 644#p23644. Do you really want me to post the reason here?

And when did you ever send me any "warning"?
Warning sent: 4 Oct 2012

Another example: the many rolling-eyes and laughing smilies in your posts used to ridicule and laugh at what others say. Or are you gonna say again that I have not understood properly?

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Fri 19 Oct 2012 4:02

"admin":
That's a nice clincher. Semantics. Words have not exact meanings. I think I am fairly good at understanding general meaning of language. Maybe you have trouble expressing yourself as intended, because your meanings of words and text is different that the general meaning.
That's not the point...

The point is that rather than asking me about my remarks...you apparently got upset...and refused to respond to my questions.

If you don't talk to someone...how can you decide what it is that they meant? If you don't allow them to explain?

Maybe you misunderstood. Do you think that is possible?
2 years ago. Closed board in august 2010, banned you in sept. 2010. Your first post after that was on 10 Mar 2011, this one: http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 644#p23644.

Do you really want me to post the reason here?
Well, personally...I am wondering WHY you are doing ANY of this on an open board...but since you insist...YEAH...let's hear it. Put it out there...go for it.

Wasn't I supposed to be told about this?

Why am I hearing this for the first time, now?

So...you are saying that you "banned me" when the board was closed? When everyone was, in essence, "banned"? And I wasn't posting...voluntarily?

And you didn't send me any notification of this?

How in the hell was I supposed to know about this, then? Let me get this straight...I was "banned" while the board was closed. Is that right? And I was also "banned" when I was no longer a memeber of the forum...voluntarily?
Warning sent: 4 Oct 2012
Are you talking, now, about some on-board threat that you were going to ban me? Can I see this?

I am talking about the Forum Rules, which I had thought, required notification of a "strike"?

Was I ever so notified? Did that, constitute, an official "strike"?
Another example: the many rolling-eyes and laughing smilies in your posts used to ridicule and laugh at what others say. Or are you gonna say again that I have not understood properly?
Are you suggesting that there is some sort of Forum policy against sarcasm, now?

If I am not entitled to express myself as I see fit...why are those emoticons available? YOU would have to be one of the biggest offenders here, then...have you sent yourself a warning?

And is it wise for the Admin to suggest to anyone...that the Admin disapproves of the manner in which posters express themselves, so long as they are obeying forum rules?

Aren't you then censoring posters' thoughts?

Is that really what you want to say here?

tosho

Post by tosho » Fri 19 Oct 2012 4:56

Spanky:
I just looked back at a thread where you were labeling the IDSA as "immoral". And wasn't that what you called me, too? Sorry, if that's not right...I really don't remember...but I can show you that if you don't remember it and want to see it...
I don't remember as well. Sure, you can point-out with your finger, that's in your style, I guess.
Spanky wrote:
How in the hell am I supposed to know what you are talking about?
That is just one, among many others, examples of your rude behavior.
Constant use of words like: hell, stupid, dumb, s##t, etc.
Honestly, I feel embarrassment that I write this to you.
Spanky wrote: This is a fundamental right of any accused.

You have to tell me what I'm accused of...so that I can offer a response.

I have the right to defend myself.
We are not in a court.

Spanky, I think you would really benefit if you take a longer vacation of discussion forums.

Spanky

Post by Spanky » Fri 19 Oct 2012 5:00

"tosho":
Honestly, I feel embarrassment that I write this to you.
I can agree with you, there.

I would feel embarrassed to write that, too.

tosho

Post by tosho » Fri 19 Oct 2012 5:04

Wow, Spanky, you will never fail to point out any error. English is not my primary language.

What about the rest of my post? Any comments?