We're being watched

Here you can socialize and have fun with other board members, and talk about all sorts of topics that are not related to Lyme disease.
minitails2

We're being watched

Post by minitails2 » Sat 5 Jan 2008 12:18

Hi all,

I find this a rather odd post, is it just me?
From TerryK on Lymenet:
I Don't feel bad Derek, they have regular discussions over there (the Euro lyme group that they keep advertising here) about lymenet members, moderators and doctors that they don't approve of. They name names and say some very unkind things. Some of the comments have been deleted but I have them saved.
Is there some reason this person would feel the need to "save" objectionable posts? It's very odd. Of course, this person has often felt strongly inclined to share her unwanted opinions about others' posts, but I find it kind of creepy. :twisted:

CaliforniaLyme

Re: We're being watched

Post by CaliforniaLyme » Sat 5 Jan 2008 18:16

I just thought it sounded malicious and that made me sad.

Some of the sniping here makes me feel that way too sometimes.

People are people are people are people...
so why should it be
that you and I together are so awfully..
People are people and why should it bbeeee

God I don't remember the lyrics. I don't even remember the BAND.
Depeche Mode?? i think it's Depeche Mode...

LymeEnigma

Post by LymeEnigma » Sat 5 Jan 2008 19:15

minitails2 wrote:Hi all,

From TerryK on Lymenet:
I Don't feel bad Derek, they have regular discussions over there (the Euro lyme group that they keep advertising here) about lymenet members, moderators and doctors that they don't approve of. They name names and say some very unkind things. Some of the comments have been deleted but I have them saved.

Is there some reason this person would feel the need to "save" objectionable posts? It's very odd. Of course, this person has often felt strongly inclined to share her unwanted opinions about others' posts, but I find it kind of creepy. :twisted:
Some people are a little too attached to their dogma....

minx

Post by minx » Sat 5 Jan 2008 22:50

minitails2 wrote:Hi all,

From TerryK on Lymenet:
:oops: shame on us :roll:

Well why don't you let them be? I really don't care what some foolks on lymenet USA think of the postings on this forum. And what is the problem with the deleted comments (of which I am not aware). I suppose the writer has come to a better insight and regretted its earlier posts and hence deleted them? Why should anyone save them? To do what, inform the worldwideweb-police?

And yes, people are people is from Depeche Mode ;)

cave76

Post by cave76 » Sun 6 Jan 2008 1:00

****I really don't care what some foolks on lymenet USA think of the postings on this forum.****

I agree and I don't. :D

Greatcod

Post by Greatcod » Sun 6 Jan 2008 1:18

As long as they don't use Exraordinary Redition and waterboarding to make us buy and use a Rife Machine. I 'm OK with it. It's sort of flattering, actually.
Next will be spycams on our computers--ah. the 21st century.

rlstanley

Post by rlstanley » Sun 6 Jan 2008 2:07

LymeNet Europe must be doing something right if it ruffles feathers at LymeNet U.S.A.

Not being brow beaten into a bunch of hocus pocus hokum and using NAMES sounds good to me.

Keep at it!

Rita

minitails2

Post by minitails2 » Sun 6 Jan 2008 3:52

Thanks for replies all. I don't care who reads this site, I wouldn't post anything I would be concerned about. I just find it strange that someone who doesn't post here, would advertise that they copy this website as some sort of support comment to another person who also disagrees with some of the people who post on this site as well as lymenet (got that? I'm not sure I do). In addition, this person seems to be implying that there is something wrong with what we choose to post and they are "hanging" on to it for some reason. That's the weird part.

This was written on a thread in which there was lots of back of forth and nastiness to Cavey and Cali Lyme. The comment did not come out of the blue, it was sort of a weak threat or something. I just felt like the person who posted that comment has dreams of warrentless wiretapping or something.

I don't believe we do anything wrong. I think much good information is exchanged and I like the European flavor. I also enjoy our sense of humor.

Now, just to make myself feel better, I will name several methods of not getting better: Klinghardt, Bigelsen, colodial silver, MMS... Ah, I feel better already! :D

cave76

Post by cave76 » Sun 6 Jan 2008 5:31

Rita and mini----

***LymeNet Europe must be doing something right if it ruffles feathers at LymeNet U.S.A.

Not being brow beaten into a bunch of hocus pocus hokum and using NAMES sounds good to me.****

That's my conclusion. The closer one gets 'to the bone' the more anguished the screams. LOL

Just as I was amazed at Bigelsen taking the time to rant at people!----Now they're preserving our wit and wisdom on their computers? ---- Hey, guys! We're famous!

mini---- I THINK I understood what you were saying----- NOW I'M REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY MENTAL HEALTH!!! LOL

But, crabby ? Huh? LOL How about irascible? Has a nicer ring to it. Or, as Sarah was called ----Venomous.
And by that really nice boy. Tch Tch! LOL

CaliforniaLyme

Post by CaliforniaLyme » Sun 6 Jan 2008 15:31

Someone called me venomous??/ Seriously??

I don't think anyone has ever called em venomous before! Wow!!!

Who???

I'll let you in on a secret. If posters are being nasty to me, sometimes I SKIM them!!!
So I missed that completely!!!!!!!

The level of discourse at LymeNet I don't think is real. This is as conspiracy theory as I
get. I ain't no Plum Island bio-engineering theory Lymie, but I truly believe there are two
forces at work besides patients at LymeNet-
the force of free market capitalism as embodied in one main person & possibly more people,
and the force of the IDSA in some accounts that work to foster an image of Lymies as whackos.
Because after years on Lyme boards, this is the first time there has been an overall lowering of
standards of care by patients- I just don't believe it is real. I do believe some of the people are
genuine Lymies. Not so sure in that first regard, the commerical people...