We're being watched

Here you can socialize and have fun with other board members, and talk about all sorts of topics that are not related to Lyme disease.
CaliforniaLyme

Re: We're being watched

Post by CaliforniaLyme » Sun 6 Jan 2008 15:38

p.s. And what I truly dislike about LymeNet right now is how SOMEHOW, ME, one of the most open minded people you could meet, has been spun and spun as some kind of conservative treatment freak- when all I advocate is what I see gets people well. I don't EVER see herbs get people WELL. I don't! Rife? NOPE!
If they DID, I would advocate for them, the same way I have embraced Artemisia- wholeheartedly.
I am for the Lyme patient.

I really dislike the way, it's so weird, but peopple can be totally mean & rude to me & somehow it is seen as natural now because of the way those aforementioneds have spun the board. It makes me sad and I am SO gla I am welcome here because half the time I don't feel welcome at LymeNet anymore.

Nebulous diagnoses should not be more at home at LymeNet than true Neuro Lyme, like me. Instead people talk abotu NON Lyme issues over & over & over- non TBD issues- and have normalized that!!! And have normalized equating abx- HWICH WORK- and things which DON"T!!!

I am not saying herbs can't be HELPFUL- but I have not ONCE in 8 years seen a remission with them- so WHY sell yourself short as a patient? Why give up a chance to get "normal" life back?

It is nice not to be in pain.

cave76

Post by cave76 » Sun 6 Jan 2008 17:42

Sarah

****I'll let you in on a secret. If posters are being nasty to me, sometimes I SKIM them!!!
So I missed that completely!!!!!!!*****

Ah HA! All is revealed! :) No WONDER you can say "I really really like you, XXXX" just after they've been rude to you. LOL

The 'V' word was a bit of literary license on my part. I'm not going to take the time to go back and review---- but it was not a 'nice' thing to say to you. May have been deleted, for all I know, or care.

cave76

Post by cave76 » Sun 6 Jan 2008 17:51

Guess you were posting when I was. <g>

****peopple can be totally mean & rude to me ****

Yes, they are. And you get hurt by it and I'm sorry it does. Maybe when you've become a hardened old broad like me....... LOL

I, on the other hand, when it's directed towards me----- "almost " welcome it. Each time they do, they show their true self and biases and often their ignorance.

A recent poster used an abstract to 'prove' a point at how a certain mineral was being used. Little did that poster realize (!!!!) that the abstract had nothing to do with ingesting that mineral. Sigh. And :D

Rather it was 'proving' how it could be used as a disinfectant/ bactericidal OUTSIDE the body!

Oh, my----- so almost every time they open their mouth----- they stick their foot in it. And the dismal part is---- they don't even realize it.

minitails2

Post by minitails2 » Mon 7 Jan 2008 9:36

Sarah,
There are lots of good "V" words that actually apply to you such as Vantastic (okay, I was kidding a little there but if it was a word...), valuable vivacious, vehement, valiant, you're not a vector, valorous, okay, you get it. (HMM, did you know that vacua is the plural of vacuum? very interesting indeed. Let's see, anyone use it in a sentence that doesn't involve a textbook? The empty spaces that some brains contain may cause dangerous vacua for those standing near. Not too great....

Cavey,
Okay, not crabby, but still, don't let anyone pour any sort of crab sauce on you just in case.

cave76

Post by cave76 » Mon 7 Jan 2008 15:23

The number of vacua in any population is directly related to the amount of Energized Water imbibed?

Joe Ham

Post by Joe Ham » Mon 7 Jan 2008 19:03

Aren't we forgetting who we are, what we are. I mean all of us, both here and at LymeNUT, victims of a brain disease that sometimes provokes Lyme fog and Lyme rage.

A classic example is the current state of affairs at .sci.med (an unmoderated board). Lymenut is not all that much different, just more members and of a different kind of whacko-ness --- alternative shills, their dupes and their suckers, unfortunately supported by a moderator who is a Rifer --- Jenifer.

Now that LouB has relieved Jenifer the turmoil has quieted down somewhat but that hasn't resulted in a change of direction. It appears that LouB doesn't have the spine to do that. Maybe he is also a true believer in things "alternative."

But as long as the kooks keep ranting about this board they will at least let some newbies know that there are other boards; that LymeNUT is not their only choice. Some of them who are looking for hard science and logical analysis will stay here. Others who are not quite clear headed yet may remember this board as the Lyme fog lifts and come here looking for answers.

The best service that we can do for them is to continue to post research and to keep threads on topic so the information is searchable. So far Martin has gently enforced that and it makes this board uniquely valuable for that reason.

So, as Rita said, we must be doing something right. Let's just keep doing it.

Greatcod

Post by Greatcod » Mon 7 Jan 2008 20:39

I think that Lymenet may be just one more sign of a society in freefall. The New Hampshire primary is tomorrow, and watching the debates and political ads on the Boston TV stations is not very different than reading Lymenet...maybe it's all me, but I don't think so.

Joe Ham

Post by Joe Ham » Mon 7 Jan 2008 21:45

Yes, as usual the politicians and the media are pitching to the lowest common denominator. More evidence that the sum of human intelligence is constant; the population is growing.

cave76

Post by cave76 » Mon 7 Jan 2008 22:06

Porky the Neanderthal said:

****to keep threads on topic ****

Yeah, that'll happen! LOL

As long as there are bright female minds here who can think laterally, upside, downside and sideways---- not in that boring ol' linear fashion touted so much by Linear Thinking Males (simply because they can not and WILL not change)------ then things here will continue to go slaunch-wise into Galaxies Far Far Away----- and much more interesting.

Claudia

Post by Claudia » Mon 7 Jan 2008 22:25

Maybe Martian needs to wack us all with a big crystal, until we are cured.