American Election Year

Here you can socialize and have fun with other board members, and talk about all sorts of topics that are not related to Lyme disease.
Lorima

Re: American Election Year

Post by Lorima » Tue 8 Mar 2016 4:00

ChronicLyme19 wrote:My two favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg0pO9VG1J8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDgy37kPOZ4
"I call this shade veiled white supremacy"

Until we have campaign finance reform, politics in the US will continue to be bought.
Great links, CL! I'm going to look for more like these. Please post more as you find them.

Martian, I think Clinton is the best qualified candidate, by a long shot. I like Sanders too but I value Clinton's greater experience highly. I suspect that she knows better than Sanders how to get things done. Of course that's only a plus, because her values are similar to mine. Someone who has experience doing things I think are wrong, is much worse than someone with no experience at all.

Yes, campaign finance reform is urgently needed. I don't see how it can be achieved though.
"I have to understand the world, you see."
Richard Feynman

ChronicLyme19

Post by ChronicLyme19 » Tue 8 Mar 2016 5:00

There is also:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... c9bcfe.jpg

Trump seems to understand the phrase "nothing succeeds like the appearance of success".
Half of what you are taught is incorrect, but which half? What if there's another half missing?

Lorima

Post by Lorima » Thu 10 Mar 2016 1:13

Taking this to its natural conclusion...anybody seen "Idiocracy" lately? Time to dust it off.
Richard Feynman

Martian

Post by Martian » Thu 10 Mar 2016 13:35

The past two days I viewed on YouTube the Fox News GOP debate in Detroit, Michigan on March 3, 2016. Besides the personal talk like about sizes of hands, there was also good substantive discussion. It was better than I expected, after what I had read, heard and seen in the media about it, which concentrated on the personal stuff.

Martian

Post by Martian » Thu 10 Mar 2016 14:00

Lorima wrote:Martian, I think Clinton is the best qualified candidate, by a long shot. I like Sanders too but I value Clinton's greater experience highly. I suspect that she knows better than Sanders how to get things done. Of course that's only a plus, because her values are similar to mine. Someone who has experience doing things I think are wrong, is much worse than someone with no experience at all.
Clinton does have plenty of knowledge and experience, but she may have some integrity issues.

Lorima

Post by Lorima » Thu 10 Mar 2016 21:50

What particularly concerns you?
Richard Feynman

ChronicLyme19

Post by ChronicLyme19 » Tue 15 Mar 2016 3:51

Half of what you are taught is incorrect, but which half? What if there's another half missing?

Martian

Post by Martian » Mon 28 Mar 2016 16:00

Lorima wrote:What particularly concerns you?
Recent issues are the private email server and the Benghazi attack.